Eu referendum whats your vote

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, but even with the stupid child like bickering it still doesn’t change the fact that the UK voted to leave just because our M P s can’t get there act together is neither here nor there, what is the answer to just keep voting till the remainder’s get the vote that they want,sorry don’t work .Just because the going get’s tough you don’t just give up. :smiley:

Well my answer, certainly not accepted by many here, is that we should stick to the method we know in Britain, which is, elect a parliament to do what they promise and if they don’t, kick them out next time. Referendums are flawed in all but the most strictly ruled circumstances (Switzerland for example) and should have no part in the way Britain is run. And all this nonsense and anguish just proves my point.

or as david davis has done chuck the job in wait a few months and then get a job at JCB- 20 hours a year for 60k , advising, what advice could you get from him in 20 hours , bloke took 2 years on job didn’t finish it and stomped off in hissy fit.
still jcb have plenty money , they conned us into giving them our best tech and building their dumpers

tonyj105:
or as david davis has done chuck the job in wait a few months and then get a job at JCB- 20 hours a year for 60k , advising, what advice could you get from him in 20 hours , bloke took 2 years on job didn’t finish it and stomped off in hissy fit.
still jcb have plenty money , they conned us into giving them our best tech and building their dumpers

He had no say in the job May appointed to him ,Just like the next guy.May is a remainer .He was right to not put his name to this pathetic made up deal .
It is just the same as being a forman ,They hire you to sort out work and staff ,When it goes wrong it is in your name ,then they fire you .
These politicians are all self serving ■■■#$

Buzzer has just signed a bit of paper.
He thought he was getting a Rolls Royce. That’s a Rolls Can’Ardly sat on his drive way!
Don’t you think he can tell that dodgy salesman it’s a bent deal?
Or do you say it’s his fault as he should have researched it better?

(I know Buzzer doesn’t always like my humour, but I don’t mean offence)

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Beetlejuice:

tonyj105:

He had no say in the job May appointed to him ,Just like the next guy.May is a remainer .He was right to not put his name to this pathetic made up deal .
It is just the same as being a forman ,They hire you to sort out work and staff ,When it goes wrong it is in your name ,then they fire you .
These politicians are all self serving [zb]#$

Which David Davies are we discussing?
The one who said " There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable up side".
The one who shared platforms with Gove, Redwood Johnson.
“The day after the vote we hold all the cards. We can choose the path we want”
"Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy. The UK holds most of the cards’
“There will continue to be access to be access to the free market”.

Or, the David Davies who said
“Nobody said Brexit would be easy” ?
And said summat about badly organised referendums being “dangerous tools”■■

Oh, the same one then.

Franglais:
Oh, the same one then.

Yup, the very same. :unamused:

Franglais:

Beetlejuice:

tonyj105:

These politicians are all self serving [zb]#$

Which David Davies are we discussing?
The one who said " There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable up side".
The one who shared platforms with Gove, Redwood Johnson.
“The day after the vote we hold all the cards. We can choose the path we want”
"Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy. The UK holds most of the cards’
“There will continue to be access to be access to the free market”.

Or, the David Davies who said
“Nobody said Brexit would be easy” ?
And said summat about badly organised referendums being “dangerous tools”■■

Oh, the same one then.

Yes Frenchy remainiac that David Davis :unamused:

“Yes Frenchy remainiac that David Davis :unamused: "
Ah, thanks.
Is that also the same one who said in 2012:
If democracy cannot change it’s mind, it ceases to be a democracy”?
And could anyone please put up a link to Hansard Nov 2002 for a speech in the H of C. ?
That’s quite a long piece but an interesting view about referendums.
Thanks, from Monsieur ReMain D’Ac.

Remain lost the vote ,You must understand that .What is the point in circling around and around causing such huge devide .At the end of the day if the vote is not honoured we have ALL lost democracy.
You can go on and on ,But that is the fact of the matter .
The politicians are for remain and are now trying every dirty trick in the book to over turn it .That is what we need to pay close attention to ,Whether they honour the leave vote or not .

Signed Exitfanatic on behalf of our Democracy (No fake deals just out thanks)

Being a non voter from France I don’t have an axe to grind either way so excuse the stupid questions that follow-----

I thought the Referendum was non binding ?

How is 17.4 million a majority of 60 odd million people in the Uk ?

Will French hauliers / european need a permit to access the Uk same as the uk Hauliers coming to Europe ?

Why do I see that Northern Irish transport firms are being offered only a miniscule number of permits ?

Thank you

OwenMoney:
Being a non voter from France I don’t have an axe to grind either way so excuse the stupid questions that follow-----

NOT TRUE CAMERON THE PM AT THE TIME DECLARED HOWEVER WE VOTE THE GOVERNMENT WILL ACT UPON IT
How is 17.4 million a majority of 60 odd million people in the Uk ?IT WAS TGE BIGGEST TURN OUT EVER IN ANY VOTE

Will French hauliers / european need a permit to access the Uk same as the uk Hauliers coming to Europe ?
DUNNO
Why do I see that Northern Irish transport firms are being offered only a miniscule number of permits ?
NO IDEA
Thank you

See above

Spardo:

Buzzer:
Franglais your car comparison does not add up in my eyes, anyone who buys a Rolls knows what it costs especially the running expenses and to boot if he can buy a Rolls in the first place the money does not come into it as he probably wealth to enable such a purchase, on the other hand the man who buys the ford for example does so as he knows what it can do at a reasonable cost and wont break the bank. At the end of the day you cut your cloth accordingly you buy what is practical for you and that which you can afford, Buzzer

True Buzzer, but as you said, everyone knows the comparison of a Roller with a Ford, but in this instance, Brexit, nobody did know the full sp when they were asked to vote. So a change of mind is not a betrayal.

Your federalist hypocrisy knows no bounds.In this instance,EU membership,nobody knew the full sp when they were asked to vote in …1975.You know when Heath had said it’s only a Common Market and buried FCO 30/1038 as part of the big lie.On that note everyone,knows that the Brit constitution doesn’t allow the delegation of sovereignty and with it democratic accountability to a foreign power.You know a power like the illegal non country of the EU and its stinking corrupt soviet style government trying to take over Europe.That’s the only betrayal that matters in this case.

OwenMoney:

How is 17.4 million a majority of 60 odd million people in the Uk ?

Thank you

In reply to your queries
1} if you hold a vote in a democratic society the winner is the one with the most votes and in the case of Brexit it was the leave vote that won.

2}17.4 million was the number of votes to leave the EU, the under age cannot vote then there were the remain voters and also the ones who could not be assed to vote.

3} Think all hauliers will need a permit, we as an international operator have applied but unless you have the right emission trucks you wont get any, we are not holding our breath but for sure it will be run by non elected EU gravy train ■■■■■■■ so not much hope there then.

4} No idea why Northern Irish hauliers have very limited number of permits but that’s the EU for you, anyway the Europeans do at least 90% of the traffic in and out of Blighty.

This is my view of the situation as it stands but there is now a rumour that the queen may say we have to stay in the EU and she does not go through an election process to get her job much like the majority of the afore mentioned gravy train riders who are the EU machine, hope this helps Buzzer.

As said the 17.4 and the resultant percentage was related to those who were entitled to vote and those who could be bothered to vote, and not to the total population.

It may upset some but no-one - leave or remain - has the right to assume that those non-voters are on their side. Voting is not compulsory in the UK.

you are right but a lot of good people died so we would have the right to,so in my opinion everyone should vote or those million’s gave there live’s in vain. :open_mouth:

gerbil sb152:
you are right but a lot of good people died so we would have the right to,so in my opinion everyone should vote or those million’s gave there live’s in vain. :open_mouth:

I agree with you totally, it is disrespectful to their memory not to vote, but I would add that they were also of the opinion that no-one should be marched to the polling booth at gunpoint.

Thank you for your replies.

Maybe / Could it have been mandatory to vote ? On such an important topic . Is that a thing ? Maybe from what I read the next vote it could be.

cav551:

gerbil sb152:

I agree with you totally, it is disrespectful to their memory not to vote, but I would add that they were also of the opinion that no-one should be marched to the polling booth at gunpoint.

So do I, gunpoint is a bit extreme, but I believe that it should be compulsory and fines should ensue for transgressors.

The reason I feel this way is that so many just can’t be bothered. If you don’t want to vote for any of the offered candidates then there should be an additonal box to mark abstain. A positive abstention is not the same thing as merely staying away.

Until I was barred from doing so, I am proud to say that I have not missed a single vote since becoming eligible at 21 in 1963. Even when I was on the far side of the world, MN or simply travelling, I always made sure the arrangements were in place and I have a healthy disregard for those who ‘can’t be arsed’.

No, voting should not be compulsory…unless and until such time as the ballot has a legally binding tick box…‘‘none of the above’’'…in which case if NOTA gets the most votes the election in that district has to be held again, with all new candidates, and this repeats until someone gets a majority.

Thing is if you go into a shop and all they sell is rubbish, you don’t buy anything and walk out again.

I believe Australia fines you for refusing to vote.

In this electronic age there should be some secure 21st century method to vote rather than taking time off work to do it. Sure there is postal and poxy voting but neither are user friendly to set up. My ex local council write me each time there is a voting situation. The only problem is, by the time they send out the voting papers and I receive them, by posting it straight back i miss the postal voting deadline. Poxy (pun intended) means I have to get someone else to go on my behalf, easy if they live round the corner in my ex constituency but not if they live 15 miles away.

So, to make it easy for the Millenials to come forward and vote to increase the voter turn out, the voting system has to step up to the plate and get a higher percentage of turnout or make it compulsory.

I agree with Jeddiah on the NOTA aspect or “Spoiled” papers IF that is your method of voting. That way IF the count is voided due to these actions people would be less likely to do either of those things because it would mean another trip to the Polling Station and counter productive.

Voting by gunpoint? Why all the fuss? The Census is a compulsory form to complete…and fines you if you don’t complete it. What’s the difference? At least voting is anonymous.