ERF in Europe

ERF-Continental:
By the way…feel free to post and input your experiences on ERF in Europe…

The only ERF I ever drove in Europe was an E-series E14 that was far too reliable to need to look for back-up! :laughing: ■■■■■■■ 320, of course. Seen here loading in Belgium in 1993. Robert

My favourite in 6x2 twin steer!

By the way, are there memories on Arclid Hall? It used to be the training-centre and possibly more for
ERF both in- and external, close to Sun Works. Perhaps also for several social activities for employees?

xyz

xyz

xyz

xyz

xyz

xyz

xyz

xyz

ERF-Continental:
Between 1973 and 1977 some 17 dealers throughout France have been appointed
in the following cities:

13 Aix en Provence
14 Caen
37 Tours
38 Sassenage
42 Sorbiers
59 Steenvoorde
60 Beauvais
61 Fiers
61 L’Aigle
62 Berck-Plage
76 Saint Jean du Cardonnay
82 Montech
84 Sorgues
86 Poitiers
88 Chatenois
89 Auxerre
93 Villepinte

Note: according to 3300John also in Montauban/Sarlet ERF’s were parked at a garage, possibly a dealer

3300John’s comments got me thinking…

==> 82 Montech is in the outskirts of Montauban so I presume that resolves (and confirms) 3300John’s point that Montauban had a dealer. It really is like Birmingham and Bourneville. From a satellite view it’s hard to tell one from the other.

==> What got me really much curious is “Sarlet”. I don’t think there is a city (or even village) in France called Sarlet, however there might be a typo and we are in fact referring to Sarlat (or Sarlat-la-Canéda).
I know Sarlat well because I grew up there. It is a picturesque but fairly small and insignificant place except during the tourist season when the Dutch and Brits pour down en masse. I doubt there would ever have been a truck dealer or even an agent, it is located some 60 kms from Périgueux and 45kms from Brive-la-Gaillarde, 55kms from Bergerac and about 70kms from Cahors, all of these cities have significant dealerships of all the major marques.
Renault (Groupe Faurie) In Périgueux / Brive / Bergerac, Iveco (Parrot Poids Lourds), Mercedes Étoile24 in Boulazac outside Périgueux, Scania Brive (in nearby Malemort), these have all been around for decades, I am really curious where ERF would have been represented in Sarlat, I would love to find out!
One possibility might be Badourès in Saint Cybranet who if I am not mistaken are still active today http://www.carrosserie-badoures.com/.
But I know that old Monsieur Badourès has always been a Scania man, in the 90s when I last visited him he had a splendid 142 in his shop, and an old LB140 rotting away in the back of the yard (since then deported to Africa :cry: ). But that’s another story…

xyz

xyz

I moved to Switzerland in Oct 2004, by which time I don’t think there was much left of ERF representation in Switzerland unfortunately.

In fact, I think this is probably the only marque of which I have NEVER seen a unit in Switzerland. I know one or two ex-Friderici Kenworths still doing local work, I know of at least two Fodens still around (also ex-Friderici), one is an ex-artic with a crane doing roofbuilding. Some firestations still have the odd Maggie D or old-generation air-cooled IVECO.
I even know of an old Renault R370 (yes with the V8) still in occasional service.
Obviously there are still some Saurers and Bernas knocking about as well.

But much as I would love to know of any surviving unit, I really don’t know of any EFR anywhere in Switzerland.

I do however have some fairly okay contacts with local dealerships including some old hands, they might be able to help me.

You may not see me posting a response on this tomorrow. But you have ignited a spark of curiosity in a curious and doggedly stubborn mind so you might see me bumping this thread up when you no longer expect it.
Same goes for Sarlat la Canéda in my native Dordogne. I will be there the week of April 20th and I already know the lad I am going to ask who would have been involved with ERF. If anybody knows, it’ll be him.

Cheers

By the way:

ERF-Continental:
…however I/We do know only about two till now…

Would you mind sharing who those two Swiss dealers would have been? I am quite curious now…

xyz

xyz

xyz

xyz

xyz