ERF in Europe

xyz

xyz

xyz

xyz

ERF-Continental:
A small note…before N.V. Nederlandse Motorenmaatschappij imported/distributed ERF for Holland, this
company previously imported/distributed Guy and Trojan as well. Out of that history it is likely that also
Gardner had an essential role with regard to ERF. Unfortunately no ERF’s are known before the NGC and
B was on the market. There is small evidence that also ■■■■■■■ was imported/distributed after Schmidt
from Middenbeemster/Amsterdam (known for Dutch A.S.-trucks as per separate thread on TNUK) handled
these diesels. Later N.V. Voortstuwingstechniek from Dordrecht was appointed to Dutch ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I share this as previous thread-content states ERF Ltd. had preferences for the European being handled by
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (like CDB in Brussels) but to my knowledge Best Truck Import B.V. was no ■■■■■■■■
importer at all but originally and now again, they were/are DAF-dealers for the Rotterdam-region.

I would guess that importers, dealers and distributors undertake that role because it suits them. CDB just happened to be well-placed to distribute ERFs because of the ■■■■■■■ connection. After all, weren’t Van Steenbergen also Krupp agents? It is shrewd of you :smiley: to remind us not to connect Best with ■■■■■■■■ but I don’t remember reading on here that anyone has actually done that - have they? Robert

So, we found Sodac Ltd for Portugal.

And Gemco in Athens for Greece. I think there was a Dutch company called Gemco. Could it be possible that a Dutch importer was acting as the Greek agent for ERF? Robert

xyz

xyz

xyz

Good work! :smiley: I wonder where the Italian ones were. Robert

In Italy? :slight_smile:

By 1977 (source CM) ERF was negotiating with a Milan-company…I assume it was copy/paste like in Germany
by appointing service-agents for ■■■■■■■■ sorry that I don’t have more leads on this one

xyz

xyz

Don’t forget (and I know about these 3 because they all handled NGCs!):

Richard Read of Longhope
Cossington Commercials of (somewhere in Derbyshire or Staffordshire, I think)
Beaches Garage of Stoke-on-Trent

Robert

xyz

ERF-Continental:
I will…and also S. Jones (garages) but UK distributors and dealers will take some time to share
over here and I expect many participants here know more about them

OK, Continental Europe, then :wink:

Before '74 we always used to call the countries across the Channel ‘Europe’ (even though, Geographically, we were in Europe). But once we were politically in Europe we changed it to ‘Continental Europe’ to show the difference. Even forty years later people forget. :laughing: :laughing: Robert

xyz

xyz

xyz