ERF 'European' (1975)

just seen this on a french (i think) Facebook group, no details

Steve

Just seen these on a French (i think) fb group the big yellow load is Brest port crane body, the heavy hauler is Pacific based.

Steve

vwvanman0:
0just seen this on a french (i think) Facebook group, no details

Steve

Well spotted vwvanman! That NGC was one of two operated by Loste of Hellemmes-Lille. It is 8814GV59, as it has only one beacon in the middle of the roof. :sunglasses:

vwvanman0:
Just seen these on a French (i think) fb group the big yellow load is Brest port crane body, the heavy hauler is Pacific based.

Steve

The red one is, as you correctly state, a Pacific that has had an ERF 7MW or 8MW cab grafted on. It too belonged to Loste and later passed to Sitca of Hellemmes-Lille in France, in whose livery it is featured here. It had a Mack rear bogie.

Another pic from the same source, I believe, was sent to me a couple of days ago. This one shows the other Loste NGC (5673KH59). Amazing how these pics keep cropping up!

Trust you to know all the details, hopefully one day i will find you something new…

vwvanman0:
Trust you to know all the details, hopefully one day i will find you something new…

But you did! The pics are new. :sunglasses: :smiley:

21 April 1986
M1 Sevices
Leicester Forest East
Leicester
Leics
Eng.

URG 852R
■■■■ Pountains ERF NGC9(that wasn’t)
A recabbed RHD MDC 852. 6x4
Not the best of pics, but of interest to some i hope.
Seen alongside a Carlsberg DAF 3300 4x2 + Tandem tank .

210486b.jpg

When VIJORE was being set up, Eric Vick had an ERF NGC demonstrator in, which I know Chris Till drove. Does anyone know which demonstrator it was? There were two or three on N-plates at that time (JLG 35N, JDF 132N & KDM 460N spring to mind); bearing in mind that the first NGCs in Vick / Read livery were on P-plates.

ERF-NGC-European:
When VIJORE was being set up, Eric Vick had an ERF NGC demonstrator in, which I know Chris Till drove. Does anyone know which demonstrator it was? There were two or three on N-plates at that time (JLG 35N, JDF 132N & KDM 460N spring to mind); bearing in mind that the first NGCs in Vick / Read livery were on P-plates.

May be worth having a chat with Chris Jefferies chap ?

Heres a new pic of Eyckmans ERF. :wink:

DEANB:

A new pic :smiley: .

Probably taken at the same time the others were taken shortly after its conversion to 6x4 with the Fassi crane.

I wonder if any pics were ever taken of it still in its original 4x2 state.

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

Probably taken at the same time the others were taken shortly after its conversion to 6x4 with the Fassi crane.

No pics yet of it as a 4x2 but here’s another new one of it.

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

No pics yet of it as a 4x2 but here’s another new one of it.

That lorry still exists in preservation. It would look great restored to original colours with crane and a pole trailer.

Rowena,

For your notes and archive…I remember that some years after Van Steenbergen bought 2 B-series
they received some CDB-signal for the C-series…and despite the fact that Van Steenbergen was
very loyal as a CDB-customer…I got the idea that ERF was not eager to DO the continental market.

By then the first Volvo F12 and Scania (also Denonville or CDB) came in and CDB lost track with ERF
as well as White.

ERF-Continental:
Rowena,

For your notes and archive…I remember that some years after Van Steenbergen bought 2 B-series
they received some CDB-signal for the C-series…and despite the fact that Van Steenbergen was
very loyal as a CDB-customer…I got the idea that ERF was not eager to DO the continental market.

By then the first Volvo F12 and Scania (also Denonville or CDB) came in and CDB lost track with ERF
as well as White.

ERF pulled out of Europe in about 1979, (a couple of years after the Euro-spec high B-series came out). So of course there were no European-spec C-series (which came out in about 1985 or 6) and the only LHD versions that I know of went out to the Middle-East as export models. ERF didn’t re-enter the European market till about 1994 with the LHD E-series followed immediately by the EC-series.

Don’t remember the exact year…but CDB did a ‘last’ effort to serve their loyal customers
with the Foden (which were available from stock, as per the picture of the hall with some
white new Foden-tractors) but no more Foden for Van Steenbergen, though their only six-
wheeler served well for many years.

Season’s Greetings to all NGC fanciers! Here is a sprinkling of snow-dusted ERFs to get us reaching for the snowchains and the EFES-pils:

(Bugger! I can’t turn the 1st pic round :open_mouth: ) :laughing:

Or, in the case of this one, the Jake-brake and the Chateauxneuf-du-Pape :wink:

newerf845%20p.PNG

Merry Christmas!

Rowena

[zb]
anorak:

:smiley: Thank you!