ERF 'European' (1975)

Loste of France.

Pic by Raoul.

Found a new pic!

John Simmons’s LHD Kenworth had a 350 ■■■■■■■ and 9sp Fuller ‘box. Nice!

KW had Cu350 and F9.jpg

Here’s an interesting thought for idle minds to ponder over the weekend!

We know that HNV 59N was first operated by ■■■■■■■ UK. We know that it was used to pull their training trailer (which possibly doubled as a hospitality trailer) round the shows. We also know that ■■■■■■■ fitted it with the then new big-cam 290 engine (even though ERF was fitting the small-cam 290 to some of the other units).

What we don’t know is the extent to which they used that unit as a test bed for the NTE 290; or indeed if it was actually tested in that particular unit. We have loads of pics of it pulling the ■■■■■■■ trailer but none of it doing anything else with ■■■■■■■■ If it were trialled, there should surely be lots of pics of it hauling full-weight trailers in all terrains and weathers. If anyone has any ■■■■■■■ connections, perhaps they could enquire after any field trial material. The only other NGC with that motor in it (that we know of) was the last one dispatched from the factory in Dec '77.

Picture from Classic truck show at Gaydon last weekend.

New pic of the Cauvas one. Not best quality but pic is very small so had to blow up.

cauvas erf b 1977 120 tons.PNG

DEANB:
New pic of the Cauvas one. Not best quality but pic is very small so had to blow up.

Nice one Dean. We still don’t know for sure whether it had a Volvo replacement back end or an ERF one!

ERF-NGC-European:
“DEANB” New pic of the Cauvas one. Not best quality but pic is very small so had to blow up.

Nice one Dean. We still don’t know for sure whether it had a Volvo replacement back end or an ERF one!

100% Volvo back end. Have to do some translating when i get time. :wink:

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:
“DEANB” New pic of the Cauvas one. Not best quality but pic is very small so had to blow up.

100% Volvo back end. Have to do some translating when i get time. :wink:

Ah! Sounds as if you have new evidence in support of the French contributor’s claim. Looking forward to that! :sunglasses:

I was emailed this new pic of one of the Willemstein NGCs this morning. :sunglasses:

ERF-NGC-European:
I was emailed this new pic of one of the Willemstein NGCs this morning. :sunglasses:

Nice pic Ro,looked good in that colour scheme ! :smiley:

Just a reminder / back-up pic to support the one above.

ERF press release dated 12th January 1973.

erf press 736.jpg

Click on pages twice to read.

Re above ^^^. That press release data makes a useful archive of info all in one place. Being a 1973 release (when the NGC was launched), I notice that it includes some references to the 5MW-cabbed model (eg mention of parallel-framed chassis alongside mention of waisted-frame chassis); and references to theoretical models that were never built (or rather, made for sale) in the end ( eg Gardner-engined NGC units).

ERF-NGC-European:
Re above ^^^. That press release data makes a useful archive of info all in one place. Being a 1973 release (when the NGC was launched), I notice that it includes some references to the 5MW-cabbed model (eg mention of parallel-framed chassis alongside mention of waisted-frame chassis); and references to theoretical models that were never built (or rather, made for sale) in the end ( eg Gardner-engined NGC units).

Yes intresting that it mentioned the Gardner engine. :wink:

Intresting advert sent to me yesterday Ro. :wink:

Thibaut.

DEANB:
Intresting advert sent to me yesterday Ro. :wink:

Thibaut.

ERF NGC420 Ets. Thibaut-Strée.jpg

Can anyone remember which publication this picture appeared in?

pountains37.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Looks like a Broshuis brochure…?

pv83:

ERF-NGC-European:

Looks like a Broshuis brochure…?

Ah! Thank you.

Was sent another picture of it today by email. :sunglasses: