ERF 'European' (1975)

While I’m on this thread, Old Pond has just been taken over by another publisher so I’m just hoping that they’ll stick to the November target for publication. If you remember this happened during the processing of the first book and it was delayed by some time. Fingers crossed :unamused: . Robert

Found it by accident…with a Benalu-tipper

ERF-NGC-De-Meulemeester-Egem-B.jpg

ERF-Continental:

Well found! :sunglasses: That’s a useful picture, thank you for posting it. I wonder if De Meulemeester of Pittem had more than one ERF.

Cheers, Robert

Morning Robert,
2 off FB, N.M.P credit for pics is Hein Voorhout,

43592847_1089028564599205_1483452910577647616_n.jpg

43741605_1089137114588350_4791342825381822464_n.jpg

pete smith:
Morning Robert,
2 off FB, N.M.P credit for pics is Hein Voorhout,

Thanks Pete. Although we have these pics it is very useful to know who to credit for taking them!

Cheers, Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Well found! :sunglasses: That’s a useful picture, thank you for posting it. I wonder if De Meulemeester of Pittem had more than one ERF.

Cheers, Robert

■■■■■■■ Distributor Belgium (previous A. Denonville) had a mobile showroom on the road at main customers like Van Steenbergen, Gruwez and De Meulemeester, hence the presence on national and international roads of White Road Xpeditor, Road Commander I and II, ERF NGC and B, Autocar I and II.
For ‘other’ transportcompanies Scania and Leyland were sold by Denonville.

Unknown if the shown ERF NGC was the same chassis or in fact two…the bumper got a respray?

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Cheers, Robert

■■■■■■■ Distributor Belgium (previous A. Denonville) had a mobile showroom on the road at main customers like Van Steenbergen, Gruwez and De Meulemeester, hence the presence on national and international roads of White Road Xpeditor, Road Commander I and II, ERF NGC and B, Autocar I and II.
For ‘other’ transportcompanies Scania and Leyland were sold by Denonville.

Unknown if the shown ERF NGC was the same chassis or in fact two…the bumper got a respray?

Yes! It was the bumper that caught my eye too, but as you say, bumpers need respraying (probably more often than any other part!). Robert

For those who are interested in the Benalu-bulktipper (a division from Alusuisse) attached
a multilingual spec. Mr. J. Bothof of Drunen was in charge for Dutch sales and distribution
Ets Nicodème from Binche (South of Belgium) for Belgium and Luxemburg. The various
types of trailers had names linke Alsace, Diamond, Neptune etc. The specs are from 1980.

I am afraid information on De Meulemeester has ended as quite some occasions ‘affected’
the company and family…the death of the founder as well as the quick takeover by Van
Den Bosch after which the name De Meulemeester disappeared from the road.

Anyone following the fortunes of Lorries of Arabia Book 3 will know that it was due to hit the shelves in about three weeks time. Well, now that Fox Chapel have taken over Old Pond it is looking as if this book won’t happen until the middle of next year. You can imagine how un-chuffed I am about that, especially as exactly the same thing happened during the processing of Book 1 when 5M took Old Pond over. The only possible advantage I can think of at the moment is that if we receive a big breakthrough in information, pictures or material it might be possible to shoe-horn it into the new book while it’s idling in the offices - don’t hold your breath though :cry: ! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
Anyone following the fortunes of Lorries of Arabia Book 3 will know that it was due to hit the shelves in about three weeks time. Well, now that Fox Chapel have taken over Old Pond it is looking as if this book won’t happen until the middle of next year. You can imagine how un-chuffed I am about that, especially as exactly the same thing happened during the processing of Book 1 when 5M took Old Pond over. The only possible advantage I can think of at the moment is that if we receive a big breakthrough in information, pictures or material it might be possible to shoe-horn it into the new book while it’s idling in the offices - don’t hold your breath though :cry: ! Robert

Thats unbelievable bad luck chap,what are the odds on that happening twice ! :open_mouth:

However i agree that we may find some new material between now and then. :wink:

New for DeanB!

Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
New for DeanB!

Robert

If only the photographer was 6" taller or shorter, he would have avoided the wire.

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:
New for DeanB!

Robert

If only the photographer was 6" taller or shorter, he would have avoided the wire.

And I thought he was sitting in a transport cafe between two lovers sharing a plate of spaghetti! Robert

Morning Robert,

Re the new photo of the RED erf i sent you for book 3 with the container on.

Have now had it confirmed that it was no 45 on the register DB-77-52.
The pic is when it was new for Piet Kooy who later on had the green B series. :wink:

DEANB:
Morning Robert,

Re the new photo of the RED erf i sent you for book 3 with the container on.

Have now had it confirmed that it was no 45 on the register DB-77-52.
The pic is when it was new for Piet Kooy who later on had the green B series. :wink:

Thank you! Duly noted and recorded :sunglasses: . The Kooy / Kooij logo is almost discernable on the cab door of the NGC! Much appreciated, cheers. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

That photo illustrates the aesthetic balance of the wide-spread tandem trailer to a tee. It’s almost perfectly level, and seems to be travelling all by itself, independently of the tractor unit.

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

That photo illustrates the aesthetic balance of the wide-spread tandem trailer to a tee. It’s almost perfectly level, and seems to be travelling all by itself, independently of the tractor unit.

D’accord! I always think a tilt trailer somehow accentuates good or poor trim. You can’t beat a LWB unit with a well set-up 40’ tilt. Van Hool trailers sat well even when empty, probably because of their higher than usual unladen weight. Robert

Put that tilt on the back of a UK spec unit and it wouldn’t sit so well, for some strange reason our 5th wheels always sat higher than a European unit. I bet the Belgian and Dutch trailer boys hated us when they had to wind the legs up a few inches when they tried to get under a trailer we had dropped in the channel ports, we on the other hand had it easy, as long as the trailer had spring brakes and didn’t go flying backwards as we rammed under it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Pountain’s ‘rogue’ ERF MDC with a 7/8MW cab again! New pics. Robert

Scan_20181115 (3).jpg

ERF-NGC-European:
Pountain’s ‘rogue’ ERF MDC with a 7/8MW cab again! New pics. Robert

That was a great looking motor ! Nice pics chap. :wink: