ERF 'clearing house' thread!

moomooland:
Here’s an unusual export model.

It’s one of two long wheelbased versions of of the 6 x 66Cu 6 wheel drive chassis shown at the 1962 Earls Court show They were shipped to Libya where they joined 4 SWB T/u’s shipped in 1961
These 2 had an u/wt of 12 Tons & operated at 27 GVW
img272.jpg

Thanks for the info chaps!

Here are a couple of ERF B-series to bring good cheer on a Monday morning. The first is a demonstrator and the second is returning from a Middle-East trip. Robert

s-l5er500.jpg

ERF EC draw-bar outfits were not common. I did drive one for a day or two at Gist but it was the ‘non-steerable’ type.

This UK example turned a few heads. Robert

These ‘pigeon-loft’ add-on sleepers must have been pretty cramped (and cold in winter)! Robert

spotted this in last months transport & news magazine, thought they closed down years ago

ERF-NGC-European:
These ‘pigeon-loft’ add-on sleepers must have been pretty cramped (and cold in winter)! Robert

You mean that in your long career you didn’t get the luxury of a Jennings nesting box, Robert? You’ve not lived! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Retired Old ■■■■:

ERF-NGC-European:

You mean that in your long career you didn’t get the luxury of a Jennings nesting box, Robert? You’ve not lived! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Only once for me Casey , S80 with a nest box conversion tip Glasgow , reload King George Dock for Oldham . Middle of winter , stopped at the Moss on the way down and I’ve rarely been so cold . Spent most of the night dozing by the open fire in the cafe . The Jennings was attached with a bare aluminium channel , like lying on a fridge shelf and there wasn’t room to avoid it . Was it one of your designs ?

rigsby:

Retired Old ■■■■:

ERF-NGC-European:

Only once for me Casey , S80 with a nest box conversion tip Glasgow , reload King George Dock for Oldham . Middle of winter , stopped at the Moss on the way down and I’ve rarely been so cold . Spent most of the night dozing by the open fire in the cafe . The Jennings was attached with a bare aluminium channel , like lying on a fridge shelf and there wasn’t room to avoid it . Was it one of your designs ?

Funnily enough I have slept in worse! I once had the misfortune to take a Bedford TL artic to France and had to sleep on the parcel shelf behind the seats. Horrible little lorry :laughing: Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

rigsby:

Retired Old ■■■■:

ERF-NGC-European:

Funnily enough I have slept in worse! I once had the misfortune to take a Bedford TL artic to France and had to sleep on the parcel shelf behind the seats. Horrible little lorry :laughing: Robert

what you want for a TK is one of these to sleep in , ok going down , not quite so comfy going home

nuk st tropez.jpg

rigsby:

Retired Old ■■■■:

ERF-NGC-European:

You MUST be joking!!! I endured one bolted to an Atki Borderer for three nights when on the “convoys” to Llanwern steelworks, then one of Hazell’s drivers (lived a couple of miles away) took pity on me and offered me his B-series ERF works cab as a bedroom. This was a state of luxury not surpassed until I landed myself a job driving- wait for it- a VOLVO F88/290!

They were probably ok for the more normal sized drivers who didn’t spend half the day feeding their faces in cafes? :wink: Luckily for me I had a bed at home, even though I wasn’t actually in it for very long some nights, so never experienced the pleasures that you lads enjoyed. :cry:

Pete.

Some of us MIGHT feed our faces with more regularity if we could persuade “some” members of the MBC to stump up a small portion of their their ill-gotten gains for the benefit of poor retired lorry drivers.
Anyhow, having studied the figures of some of the chaps from a county east of here, I’m quite convinced that my own is likely to be considered, “normal”.

Or at least, normal-ish!

Retired Old ■■■■:
Some of us MIGHT feed our faces with more regularity if we could persuade “some” members of the MBC to stump up a small portion of their their ill-gotten gains for the benefit of poor retired lorry drivers.
Anyhow, having studied the figures of some of the chaps from a county east of here, I’m quite convinced that my own is likely to be considered, “normal”.

Or at least, normal-ish!

:smiling_imp:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Or at least, normal-ish!

I’m guessing that your actual body weight is fine ROF, it’s just that your height is too short for it? :confused: :wink: I’m sure that young Daniels cheque is winging its way to you right now, a carrier pigeon equipped with nightime flying gear is probably passing over the teggs nose, it will only be an admin error by Dan’s secretary that has delayed it. Mind you, it might well be dated for 2022 so don’t get too excited! Have we gone off topic at all? :neutral_face:

Pete.

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Or at least, normal-ish!

I’m guessing that your actual body weight is fine ROF, it’s just that your height is too short for it? :confused: :wink: I’m sure that young Daniels cheque is winging its way to you right now, a carrier pigeon equipped with nightime flying gear is probably passing over the teggs nose, it will only be an admin error by Dan’s secretary that has delayed it. Mind you, it might well be dated for 2022 so don’t get too excited! Have we gone off topic at all? :neutral_face:

Pete.

Only a bit, Pete. Just can’t pass up any chance to have a pop at these Captains of Industry!

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Or at least, normal-ish!

Pete.

Only a bit, Pete. Just can’t pass up any chance to have a pop at these Captains of Industry!

Here’s a stalwart old LV-cabbed ERF with a ‘spready’ tilt. Robert

And an E16 - that’ll be the big Gardner then - manoevering in what looks like EV’s main road depot. Robert

FB_IMG_1544269380082.jpg
Steady vicar !! Tom Shirley pic

b