ERF 'clearing house' thread!

Kenb:
b

WELL, it’s like this you see. UGE 852R was 6x4 RHD ERF MDC with a Motor Panels 4MW cab in the service of Pountains Heavy Haulage (see attached photo taken by a certain Ashley Coghill). It met with an accident and was re-engine and re-cabbed by Cossington Commercials who were ERF dealers. They fitted a ■■■■■■■ 350 and an adapted (for RHD) 7MW cab. It may actually have been an 8MW cab, which were only sold loose to replace earlier models.

ERF-NGC-European:
…4MW cab …

“R” plate and what look like big lamps. Just sayin’. :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:
…4MW cab …

“R” plate and what look like big lamps. Just sayin’. :laughing:

Oh, yes: 6MW cab! Don’t know why I wrote ‘4’ as it’s down as 6MW in all my notes. Cheers, Robert

It’s an “age” thing, Robert. :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
It’s an “age” thing, Robert. :wink:

Deffo right there ROF! I’d go as far as to call it a laced senior moment! :laughing: Robert

^^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You may recall that I posted about a local Spanish O/D who had two six-wheelers bought new in 1999. Sadly, one had been off the road for about five years being cannibalised for spares due to the non-availability of ERF bits out here.

I put him in touch with one or two of my contacts in the UK from my driving days, and, I am pleased to report, 21 months later…

She is back on the road!!!

We now have TWO ERFs working in Alicante province!!

Steve

Hi uncle Robert, dad said you might like these photos… We saw this at lunch time today sitting at the side of the road. Just as we got past it it took of. We managed to pull up just in time to get a couple of shots of as it went past…
H…

Ste46:
You may recall that I posted about a local Spanish O/D who had two six-wheelers bought new in 1999. Sadly, one had been off the road for about five years being cannibalised for spares due to the non-availability of ERF bits out here.

I put him in touch with one or two of my contacts in the UK from my driving days, and, I am pleased to report, 21 months later…

Steve

Surely some enterprising Brit could take a “seller” or two down there, if a source of parts is needed?

Fancy a winter holiday, Robert?

Ste46:

Steve

Glad to see it Steve! And thanks for sharing. Cheers, Robert

Aussietruckphotos:
Hi uncle Robert, dad said you might like these photos… We saw this at lunch time today sitting at the side of the road. Just as we got past it it took of. We managed to pull up just in time to get a couple of shots of as it went past…
H…

Ah yes! A Western Star built at ERF’s factory in Sandbach. Good to see it still earning its keep! Robert

[zb]
anorak:

Ste46:

Steve

Surely some enterprising Brit could take a “seller” or two down there, if a source of parts is needed?

I’d love to do it, Anorak, but big-boy’s licence is past its sell-by date! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

I’d love to do it, Anorak, but big-boy’s licence is past its sell-by date! Robert
[/quote]
It’s got to be the ultimate old lorry fanatic’s holiday- taking one knacker to a new life, and returning with an even older but more desirable one. Going mob-handed would be sensible, given the amount of spannering required. Probably. :slight_smile:

Looks like a7MW cab used!?

Kenb:

Is an MV, if I’m not mistaken. You can see the back window almost reaches the corners. An MW would have a wider “column” of steel there.

The odd thing is that the nearside door is flush with the side of the vehicle, suggesting that the cab is offset, like some Macks. If so, why is it not offset to the right? I would do the research myself, but my computer is buggered and I’m stuck with this smartphone, which horrible. It’s like using chopsticks with the two smallest fingers of one’s hands.

[zb]
anorak:

Kenb:

Is an MV, if I’m not mistaken. You can see the back window almost reaches the corners. An MW would have a wider “column” of steel there.

The odd thing is that the nearside door is flush with the side of the vehicle, suggesting that the cab is offset, like some Macks. If so, why is it not offset to the right? I would do the research myself, but my computer is buggered and I’m stuck with this smartphone, which horrible. It’s like using chopsticks with the two smallest fingers of one’s hands.

I agree it’s an MV cab but it looks full-width to me, so it may be a local copy or an adapted CKD kit as it is South African and ERF SA did their own thing a bit. Robert

Robert a couple more for you, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Robert a couple more for you, Buzzer

Drove the top one (Cookie’s motor) round the ERF arena at Kelsal once! Robert

I’m sure I’ve seen some other photos of those MP-cabbed normal control tractors somewhere else on the Forum. Where is anyone’s guess. :smiley: