ERF 'clearing house' thread!

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

Wheel Nut:
Portugal owned 6 or 7 African countries including Angola. Cape Verdi and Mozambique. This could explain the ERF with BMC cab

Thinking a bit more about this, the Professionals imported to GB were simply badge-engineered into ERF EP6s, albeit with ■■■■■■■ power, IIRC. Almost certainly, the “Portuguese” BMCs with the ERF badges were the same.

Aside from the use of ERF’s name as a marketing lever to get the vehicles into those African markets, maybe those countries had a bit of bad history with Turkey? Does anyone know of any spats between Turkey and any African nations?

The BMC-cabbed ERF I started this thread with definitely bears a resemblance to the Turkish version. BMC-Turkey marketted the Fatih model with this cab and a ■■■■■■■ engine. Yavuz, another Turkish truck manufacturer, used the same cab for their lorries but with Volvo engines. BMC’s ‘Profesyonel’ was the successor, as you point out. It may just be that the Chinese were already getting into Africa by the time the new cab came out. Robert

…and the use of the obsolete-even-in-Turkey cab was a desperate attempt to beat them on price?

Star down under.:

ERF-Continental:
A good looking ERF CU180/220 !!!

I’m trying to get more info about it.
Note the mechanical arm on the door, mandatory in its day.

Herewith some other examples of ERF’s from down under with the mechanical arm.

Pictures come from the 1965 ERF-export-range

Various.
Oily

ERF Shaun Ballisat 3.jpg

ERF 1987 ERF E Series  maltabuses.piwigo.com 20111025115543-a4035608-me mb.jpg

ERF 1976 ERF E Series maltabuses.piwigo.com 20111025115545-17f4615e-memb.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:
A well-blinged C-series with tilt! Robert

Nice to see the photo of the Sovereign Transport ERF C Series…Sovereign Transport were a small firm based in Sheerness Kent with about half a dozen lorries. The one in the photo was driven by Dale Jacques who was the son of one of the partners who owned the company. Another brother Colin was in my class at school. In fact the ERF in the photo was the last lorry they ever had if I remember rightly.

Mark R:

ERF-NGC-European:

Nice to see the photo of the Sovereign Transport ERF C Series…Sovereign Transport were a small firm based in Sheerness Kent with about half a dozen lorries. The one in the photo was driven by Dale Jacques who was the son of one of the partners who owned the company. Another brother Colin was in my class at school. In fact the ERF in the photo was the last lorry they ever had if I remember rightly.

All these small fleets with 10 or less wagons, family firms with father’s & sons driving for them that have disappeared :frowning: Chris

Mark R:

ERF-NGC-European:

Nice background info. I’d have put it on the Kent thread if I’d known! Robert

oiltreader:
Various.
Oily

A great selection, Oily! Always nice to see Maltese examples on here. Cheers, Robert

Looking at the Linkman ERF in Malta there’s still quite a few E series around out there doing a days work.I saw plenty of Leylands a few Fodens even a S80 the odd AEC which was definitely v.o.r

Nice advert of a South African ERF Robert.

DEANB:
Nice advert of a South African ERF Robert.

Looks like a 3/5MW cab with a local grille panel doesn’t it! Robert

Why aren’t we following one of the best?

Jack Richards sale.
Oily

oiltreader:
Jack Richards sale.
Oily

ERF n Jack. I’ve been led to believe that Jack was a Leic,s man.griffy dam or peggs green, where me grandad came from.

151CA0B6-4165-4A9A-9462-DB587BB1A396.jpeg

Kenb:

That was a French ERF NGC registered 7681RR91, Ken! Dunno who owned it tho’. Robert

Kenb:

That ERF has an MV cab. Robert

Heres some B series chap ! :wink:

DEANB:
Heres some B series chap ! :wink:

Good pics mate! I’ll stick 'em on the right thread for you :sunglasses: . Robert

Kenb:

Both the ERF and the AB International come from the Abood fleet, who were big Foden users.