ERF 'clearing house' thread!

Retired Old ■■■■:
!:50 scale model. £105 from PKC Models.

:sunglasses: Oh nice find, ROF, well done! I’ll pop it on the ERF European 1975 thread, where I have just put something similar :wink: Robert

Just found this gem on social media so not my picture J B McBean from Kirknewton Mid Lothian had many a happy time as a kid riding in McBeans lorries and later when old enough to drive I often loaded out of their place at my time at Stirlands
They always kept an immaculate fleet

gazsa401:
Just found this gem on social media so not my picture J B McBean from Kirknewton Mid Lothian had many a happy time as a kid riding in McBeans lorries and later when old enough to drive I often loaded out of their place at my time at Stirlands
They always kept an immaculate fleet

5MW cab and 240 Gardner. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

Retired Old ■■■■:

:sunglasses: Oh nice find, ROF, well done! I’ll pop it on the ERF European 1975 thread, where I have just put something similar :wink: Robert

Looks as good as the real thing, albeit without the sand & dust! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

ERF-NGC-European:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Looks as good as the real thing, albeit without the sand & dust! :wink:

Some of those modellers of M/E lorries can even add the sand and dust, ROF. I’ve seen some beautifully ‘weathered’ models that are more like works of art! Robert

:smiley:

A couple of pics here of a 1967 MV-cabbed 6x4 almost certainly destined for export. Robert

On Facebook today

On Facebook today

Bitumin Slurry Tanker with waste for sand stabilisation on the new Dubia road

Was going to suggest Africa as the home of those two, but they are LHD. Israel?

[zb]
anorak:

Taseco was based in The Eastern Province of Saudi - Damman

Taseco probably had more LHD B-series ERFs than anyone in history and probably had just about all the C-series ever produced in LHD! They even had some sleeper cabbed ones. Thanks for posting, Ken :sunglasses: ! I’ll pop them on the corresponding threads. Cheers, Robert

Kenb:

[zb]
anorak:

Taseco was based in The Eastern Province of Saudi - Damman

Ta Ken.

Not sure about the exact type (2MV…or…?) but here an ERF 66R205 from Shell, powered
by a Rolls Royce “Eagle” 205bhp with a 6 speed overdrive-box

ERF-66R205-Shell.jpg

ERF-Continental:
Not sure about the exact type (2MV…or…?) but here an ERF 66R205 from Shell, powered

Is 4MW.

( Have a look at the Beers thread. I want some information).

Saw this the other day in Ilkeston

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-Continental:

Is 4MW.

Thank you for your prompt reply! I only know that the article in “Scania Vabis Super” consists of five pages
but I don’t have that info and you might ask Mr. Nutcase for that.

Happy Summer

ERF-Continental:

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-Continental:

Is 4MW.

Thank you for your prompt reply! I only know that the article in “Scania Vabis Super” consists of five pages
but I don’t have that info and you might ask Mr. Nutcase for that.

Happy Summer

Great answer. Made me giggle. Thanks.

As a matter of fact…you’re not DAFT at all! Don’t know who told me that :slight_smile:

You yourself, Carryfast, Robert, no he wouldn’t…

Information on the LV is ‘restricted’ and for about 400 chassis divided in some 7-8 parts
of the pie which Scania-Vabis themselves didn’t/wouldn’t take at the early sixties being
unsecure on what requirements of the international (continental) market really were?

Contributors as Roset, Paul, van Weelde, van Eck, Werkspoor, Hoekstra, Koster etc etc
just filled the ‘gap’ that was CREATED by Scania-Vabis themselves not knowing there were
other regulations (overall length) on the other side of the world.

That being said…don’t expect to gain a lot of information as each of the commercial
stakeholders did their utmost to gain a market share, same as with Volvo and even DAF.

Patience is a strong asset and I granted you the Paul & van Weelde-leaflet lately

ERF-Continental:
As a matter of fact…you’re not DAFT at all! Don’t know who told me that :slight_smile:

You yourself, Carryfast, Robert, no he wouldn’t…

Information on the LV is ‘restricted’ and for about 400 chassis divided in some 7-8 parts
of the pie which Scania-Vabis themselves didn’t/wouldn’t take at the early sixties being
unsecure on what requirements of the international (continental) market really were?

Contributors as Roset, Paul, van Weelde, van Eck, Werkspoor, Hoekstra, Koster etc etc
just filled the ‘gap’ that was CREATED by Scania-Vabis themselves not knowing there were
other regulations (overall length) on the other side of the world.

That being said…don’t expect to gain a lot of information as each of the commercial
stakeholders did their utmost to gain a market share, same as with Volvo and even DAF.

Patience is a strong asset and I granted you the Paul & van Weelde-leaflet lately

Just put everything you have on this forum. It will attract others to contribute. They are all old men now. Keeping the information under your bed is likely to do damage to the job of recording the history.

This applies equally to the other culprits- confusing the hoarding of old literature with the protection of intellectual property. Sad fools.