ERF 525 BHP

nothing to do with me,but,if the header gets you all misty eyed and moist,then one of these has popped up on fleabay…ive never had a good word to say for anything truckwise built in britain,but for some reason this one looks as mean as a scrappys dog…bit of a grunter.might be worth a look for the pics if nothing else…oddball for me to say the least,but for once its something id like to play with .im not sure if its allowed to refer to it as its up for grabs,but it may be of interest to those enthusiast types…or mabey the dude that owns it is on here anyway? if you want the link.pm me

Reckon Dan is your man,… of the Punchy variety. :smiley:

just looks a beast…no idea why ,but i keep going for a wee peek at the pic now and again…its just a grunter and id imagine the right person would collapse into a self induced orgasmic state climbing up the 3steps to heaven…or it might be 4…who knows… :slight_smile:

robroy:
Reckon Dan is your man,… of the Punchy variety. :smiley:

Sorry not for me ,my enthusiasm runs out at 1999 ,the ECX model is a poor show .Man axle ,hyd gear change ,16 speed synchro , give me the EC any day :laughing:

Is this it…■■?

ebay.co.uk/itm/ERF-525-bhp-/ … SwEzxYO0ZR

Thought you were describing my ex for a minute…

Goldfinger:
Is this it…■■?

ebay.co.uk/itm/ERF-525-bhp-/ … SwEzxYO0ZR

yep…is it not a beast for an old erf with a bit of history with it being meant for spain etc?

Probably was a genuine Spanish reg truck being long wheel base 4x2 but your’d need to be pretty brave using that in Spain…

cancelled spanish order then erf made it rhd…i like the part where it says…nearly undriveable bobtail…donuts,and burnouts spring to mind…as well as oops…how do i get back out of this field… :slight_smile:

I thought these had the same layout as a 4 series top line with the top bunk being above the steering wheel. But the photos show cupboards, was this an option?

your asking the wrong guy here…i just thought it looked a beast and collectable for the right man.
1st erf ive ever thought…id like a go at that to see how it performs…its a proper tang special,( if it didnt say erf).with a tool like that,there has to be a happy button somewhere. :wink:

I’m fairly sure these units actually went to Spain, but we’re re imported after the distributor went out of business, or some such like problem.
Somebody in the South West was knocking them out, unconverted and very cheap. ROTHDEAN maybe?
I nearly bought one as we have miles of si gle track road up here and it doesn’t make much difference what side you sit on!

Old John:
I’m fairly sure these units actually went to Spain, but we’re re imported after the distributor went out of business, or some such like problem.
Somebody in the South West was knocking them out, unconverted and very cheap. ROTHDEAN maybe?
I nearly bought one as we have miles of si gle track road up here and it doesn’t make much difference what side you sit on!

i dont think your be sitting on any side of the road for long on the bounce with that thing… :slight_smile:

Yes rothdeans .

so whats the scoop then…is it a proper animal,or just some old british leyland shagheap that wants shooting. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
so whats the scoop then…is it a proper animal,or just some old british leyland shagheap that wants shooting. :slight_smile:

Its the latter but not BL…its worse than that… :wink:

Funny you mention this. There’s a tipper pulled by an ERF 6x2 unit I keep seeing in the lanes of Lincs. With the old classic brown slightly tinted wide window and those classic lorry metal arm mirrors. It’s immaculate and sounds like a mean machine. Before the expected modern killjoy clinicians trample over everyone and miss the minor context of what is being said by yarping about handling, what it’s like living in today’s lorries, rose tints Yap yap…

…this thing looked and sounded bloody mean pulling up a hill coming the opposite way. People were actually looking at it. A real presence. And an appreciated sight.

Friend of mine had an ECX ,tag axle with M11 420hp. Not a bad truck, and reasonably comfy, but, as Dan says, not as hardy as the EC.
FODEN also fitted theNTE, or was it NTC?525 engine to quite a few of the 4000 series. They pulled like a stallion but the economy was woeful on steep ground.
Probably no worse than a V8 scania of the time though.

dieseldog999:

What would you be buying it for? For commercial use or shear fun?

im not interested in it at all other than it looks a bit of a gruntmobile and possibly of interest to those that are into erf…id reckon good for shows,as a toy,or owner driver and have all the dudes from 100 grand trucks all over it like a rash if it was tidied up…a 525 is not so shabby if it also sounds the part…nothing more than that.