Enjoy your swim

From today we are helping to pay for the heating of the swimming pools, stables & mansions of the millionaires & billionaires of this country; you are most welcome. Enjoy your swimming & riding.

Of course it is reciprocal & they are helping others to heat the one room they can afford to heat.

(There was a simple alternative to this by only subsidising the first X number of units of energy).

That’s good. I like helping people. :wink:

jakethesnake:
That’s good. I like helping people. :wink:

I hope your children & grandchildren share your considerate views too as this will take a long time to pay back.
Of course the coming austerity 2.0 will speed up the pay-back a little bit.

We need to grow the economy,thats the reason

Sploom:

YES !

We do need to grow the economy! Definitely.

The budget as presented did nothing credible towards that end.

Franglais:

Sploom:

YES !

Really tricky one and easy to understand the anger frustration ,
But rich people spend big cash and invest in there own companies etc etc meaning
More jobs ( not that that’s an issue at the moment ) more items brought etc etc meaning a
Booming ( I mean improving economy ) well that’s the theory any way .
The worst evil are the press who ram recession & gloom down all our throats frightening people not to spend leading to a weaker economy unemployment and a recession.

Happy Trucker1:

Franglais:

Sploom:

YES !

But rich people spend big cash and invest in there own companies etc etc meaning
More jobs ( not that that’s an issue at the moment ) more items brought etc etc meaning a
The worst evil are the press who ram recession & gloom down all our throats frightening people not to spend leading to a weaker economy unemployment and a recession.

Or as some economics expert on the radio yesterday said…‘‘They could just as well.sit on their tax windfall.and bank it’’.
Purely a gamble in my opinion rather than a well thought out strategy.

Happy Trucker1:

Rich people, invest anywhere. Not just in the UK.
Business people who have medium sized companies, and provide actual jobs, in actual companies, aren`t likely to be beneficeries here.

Rich people don`t need an extra £50k or £100k to spend.

Millions of medium income families are now cutting down on discretional spending in order to spend on increased mortgages (rents will follow) and fuel and !!! everything.

A greater evil is the Tory press not calling out the right wing slide of the present Conservative party.
(Why would they? Their puppets)

People arent worried because of some sort of media spin! Global investment markets arent biased by what the UK media says!
International Markets trashed the pound because they can see what is happening from an independent position.

Rich people made money from the falling pound by short selling.
Who were those investors having dinner with last week? Whose campaigns were they paying for?

“Trickle Down” or “Reaganomics” was a disaster years ago. (for all but a few)
Why would it be a success now?

ScaniaUltimate:
From today we are helping to pay for the heating of the swimming pools, stables & mansions of the millionaires & billionaires of this country; you are most welcome.

The ones that pay more income tax in total to HMRC than the bottom 50% of earners do who are funding state benefits you get they don’t get (they don’t even get child benefit which everyone earning under £50,700 is entitled to), the NHS they don’t use, the public schools they don’t use which you and your family do?

Conor:

ScaniaUltimate:
From today we are helping to pay for the heating of the swimming pools, stables & mansions of the millionaires & billionaires of this country; you are most welcome.

The ones that pay more income tax in total to HMRC than the bottom 50% of earners do who are funding state benefits you get they don’t get (they don’t even get child benefit which everyone earning under £50,700 is entitled to), the NHS they don’t use, the public schools they don’t use which you and your family do?

They don`t use the NHS?

How many private teaching hospitals, and nursing colleges are there?
How many medical doctors did BUPA train last year?

Franglais:
They don`t use the NHS?

Correct. They have private healthcare.

How many private teaching hospitals, and nursing colleges are there?
How many medical doctors did BUPA train last year?

Doctors and nurses pay for their degrees via student loans. The hospitals were funded through taxation which the income tax of the rich and the corporation tax of the businesses they own and run funded the majority of.

Rich people made money from the falling pound by short selling.
Who were those investors having dinner with last week? Whose campaigns were they paying for?

I made money last week from the pound falling, most people who have pensions did. Because most of my S&S ISA and SIPP is invested in the US, about 65%, every 1% Sterling drops against the USD puts several hundred quid in my pocket just in FOREX. However when the pound recovered on Friday I lost over £1800 in a single day, along with those rich people who would have lost a lot more which funnily people like yourself tend to choose to ignore.

“In the UK, local students usually pay less in tuition fees than what a medical degree actually costs. The underlying agreement is that the government is indirectly “sponsoring” future professionals. Thus, taxpayers pay for the long term interests of society.”
blog.medlinkstudents.com/how-mu … in-the-uk/

Conor:
I made money last week from the pound falling, most people who have pensions did.

And meanwhile, in the real world inhabited by us mortals, we saw the Bank Of England throwing £65,000,000,000 around for no real reason at all?

Franglais:
“In the UK, local students usually pay less in tuition fees than what a medical degree actually costs. The underlying agreement is that the government is indirectly “sponsoring” future professionals. Thus, taxpayers pay for the long term interests of society.”

The vast majority of that tax being paid by the rich and the businesses they create and run.

Franglais:
And meanwhile, in the real world inhabited by us mortals, we saw the Bank Of England throwing £65,000,000,000 around for no real reason at all?

I know the reasons why and it wasn’t for no real reason but there’s no point explaining because it’s beyond your level of understanding of how money works and that’s not being nasty, unless you’ve an interest in finance it’s beyond most people.

I can’t remember where the guest was on the radio this week, but his point seemed sensible that investment is generally tax deductible, so if you wanted to encourage growth in the economy then higher corporation tax would make ploughing profits back in more attractive.

Conor:

Franglais:

The vast majority of that tax being paid by the rich and the businesses they create and run.

Franglais:

I know the reasons why and it wasn’t for no real reason but there’s no point explaining because it’s beyond your level of understanding of how money works and that’s not being nasty, unless you’ve an interest in finance it’s beyond most people

In an equatable society it seems quite right to me, that the richest pay the most.
After all some of their companies have low wages subsidized by the UK tax payer, dont` they?

Oh well, sorry for taking up so much of your time.
Since you obviously already know about “people like me” and my level of education and interests, I guess you can conduct the rest of this thread with no input from the rest of us?

Yknow talking to yself.

Here is a real financial advisor saying what well off people are doing with spare cash: start at 03min
bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001cdnm

Looking at the future they aren`t investing in new business.

And any manufacturing business or any business that invests in plant and employees wants stability.

Carpet bagging financiers who turn a profit from chaos are making money from this Gov. But they aren`t the people who make widgets, buy trucks, or employ hair-dressers.

Old fashioned saying: " money goes to money". The rich won’t invest in projects which create jobs or infrastructure, they will just invest in making even more money for themselves as quickly as possible. The days of the Quaker are over.

I’m no happy clapper tory by the way but did vote for them last time as there was no way I was supporting Corbyn , when the next election comes round I am quite happy to listen what all parties have to say and will vote accordingly, yes the tories have made some massive bo bo’s but it’s no good other parties just criticising that’s easy I want to know how they plan to get us out of this mess , no all of the tories fault by the way

As someone said earlier, richer people get extra and save it or buy another property to rent or holiday.
Poorer people especially those on benefits spend thier extra money because they need to helping the economy.
I know some spend it on ciggies or in spoons, which keeps people employed in said spoons and breweries, or local Tesco where they buy extra food, keeping us employed delivering.
Tax cuts for the rich only helps Waitrose and Harrods delivery drivers [emoji1787]

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk