England chances in World Cup [Merged]

Winseer:
Saturday Morning. Year 2 (of 7) - Independence Anniversary

Current chances of World Cup teams, according to betfair betting exchange… (%ages rounded down)
Betfair Exchange | Best Odds Online, Back and Lay Betting

Brazil: 17%
Spain: 16%
Germany: 10%
Belgium: 10%
France: 9%
England: 8%
Croatia: 6%
Portugal: 5%
Argentina: 4%
Uruguay: 3%
Mexico: 2%
Russia: 1%

Anyone else (individually) - Less than half a percent.

Great I’ll put £ 25 on Switzerland and £ 10 on Senegal. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

Couldn’t believe Portugal were 20’s on Friday night(skybet)when level on points with second fav…Spain,who only beat Egypt by one lucky goal.
“Ron” always shines on the world stage…it was made for him.
Anyway…by the time my mate remembered his password,they were 18’s :cry:

commonrail:
Couldn’t believe Portugal were 20’s on Friday night(skybet)when level on points with second fav…Spain,who only beat Egypt by one lucky goal.
“Ron” always shines on the world stage…it was made for him.
Anyway…by the time my mate remembered his password,they were 18’s :cry:

If you bet on an exchange, you get to bet “in running” meaning you only have to wait for the opponents to get possesssion of the ball, and that 18 price goes back out to say 25’s.

Here’s the in-play grid for the Japan vs Senegal match that is on as I type this. Pretty evenly matched as it stands…

I’m not actually interested in football btw.
I just follow the markets. :sunglasses:

What a great day to be english :sunglasses:

A good win today, put us top of group.
I know it was ‘only’ Panama, so we’ll see what happens Thursday against a better side Belgium.
I reckon we’ll do ok.

Oh dear, ten minutes to go and the Jam Rolls are 3-0 down against Columbia so it looks like they’re out. There will be heartache on the streets of Wisbech and Spalding tonight.

Oh dear, ten minutes to go and the Jam Rolls are 3-0 down against Columbia so it looks like they’re out. There will be heartache on the streets of Wisbech and Spalding tonight.

robroy:
I know it was ‘only’ Panama, so we’ll see what happens Thursday against a better side Belgium.
I reckon we’ll do ok.

Win the group and meet Brazil or Germany in the quarters
Come second in the group and play Switzerland or Mexico in the quarters

Can see some own goals being scored on Thursday :laughing:

Harry Monk:

I think Spalding was ok. Don’t know about Wisbech. Sirens all night in Boston though

xichrisxi:

robroy:
I reckon we’ll do ok.

Win the group and meet Brazil or Germany in the quarters
Come second in the group and play Switzerland or Mexico in the quarters

Can see some own goals being scored on Thursday :laughing:

Or meet Germany and beat them. :sunglasses: …I’d love that.
They haven’t exactly played like the world champions that they are in this year’s competition,… they just got that Sweden equaliser by the skin of their teeth in stoppage time the other day.
I think that Portugal are the biggest threat in this competition rather than anybody else, especiallythe way that little winker Ronaldo is playing at present.
Hate to say it but I reckon they could win it.

Carryfast:

Winseer:
Saturday Morning. Year 2 (of 7) - Independence Anniversary

Current chances of World Cup teams, according to betfair betting exchange… (%ages rounded down)
Betfair Exchange | Best Odds Online, Back and Lay Betting

Brazil: 17%
Spain: 16%
Germany: 10%
Belgium: 10%
France: 9%
England: 8%
Croatia: 6%
Portugal: 5%
Argentina: 4%
Uruguay: 3%
Mexico: 2%
Russia: 1%

Anyone else (individually) - Less than half a percent.

Great I’ll put £ 25 on Switzerland and £ 10 on Senegal. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

UPDATE: Chances as of 21:45 hrs Tueday 26th June 2018 (to win the world cup outright from current position and standing in the tournament…)

Spain 16%
Brazil 14%
Germany 12%
Belgium 12%
England 9%
France 8%
Croatia 6%
Argentina 6% :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:
Portugal 3%
Uraguay 3%
Mexico 2%
Columbia 2%
Switzerland 1%
Russia 1%
Denmark 1%
BAR <1% individual, 4% aggregated.

Argentina’s price has shortened quite dramatically today, suggesting they’ve “got back into the tournament” somehow… They were 50-1 this morning, and now trading around the 16-1 mark.

For you, Fritz, zee Vorld Kupp iss over! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

With Germany gone, two price moves:

Mexico 200/1 in to 40/1
Sweden 500/1 in to 66/1

(Odds are to “win the 2018 world cup outright”)

England meanwhile, are “going with serve”, now into 8/1 and staying with the “leading pack of five”…

It was “leading pack of six” beforehand of course. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Germany out,Be great if Brazil followed them tonight :smiley:

the worse german defence since uncle barnes Wallace and cohorts visited. :wink: :smiley:

bouncy bouncy out. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I understand there might be a tactical advantage to England losing 2:1 to Belgium…?

Can someone explain that to me, without using the word “Offside”? (Or any word starting with the prefix “Feder…”)

Because, not the next game after this, but the ones after that we would be in an easier group. If we win, this one, then the game after the next one would see us play Brazil and France…and some other of the better teams.

But since it’s wide open, it’s a bit over analysis.

Still hoping for a Mexico win, there’s 35 quid riding on it :wink:

as madam said above. but in my opinion to be the best you’ve got to beat the best. so bring them on. :sunglasses:

I’m thinking the most interesting looking bet is a Host-England final!

If England were to beat Russia in that final (not possible if they win this game tonight!) then the total lack of thuggery in the aftermath - would put to shame all those establishment figures demanding that we make this unnecessary enemy of Russia, instead of get on with the War on Terror - as Putin himself is keen to do, as allies of the west.

Even the result going the other way - would likely have such a party spirit in Russia, that England as runners-up - might find themselves at the party of their lives before coming home… :bulb:

Winseer:
I’m thinking the most interesting looking bet is a Host-England final!

If England were to beat Russia in that final (not possible if they win this game tonight!) then the total lack of thuggery in the aftermath - would put to shame all those establishment figures demanding that we make this unnecessary enemy of Russia, instead of get on with the War on Terror - as Putin himself is keen to do, as allies of the west.

Even the result going the other way - would likely have such a party spirit in Russia, that England as runners-up - might find themselves at the party of their lives before coming home… :bulb:

Russia-England final is not possible. If England reach the final they could be playing Uruguay, Portugal, Brazil, France, Argentina, Mexico, Portugal or Japan. If both England and Russia progress they will meet in the semi-final.