England chances in World Cup [Merged]

dieseldog999:

robroy:

dieseldog999:
exactly the same as scotlands…zero.
the only difference is that it takes them a tad longer to realise it.

DD mate…If they sat in the stands on Mon night, their chances would still be classed as higher than Scotlands…because England at least qualified. :bulb: :smiley:

^^^^^^^
:smiley: that was my point exactly.
theres no messing with scotland,we just get binned early so theres no disappointment whereas england go aout it all bells and whistles dreaming about some sort of chance leading to a bigger letdown sooner or later…
i never knew the world cup was on till read it here as i dnt watch live tv r read newspapers but its always the same ending . :slight_smile:

Yeh ok fair enough, but that was part of MY original point, yeh it ‘‘Always ends the same way’’ as you say.
I’m assuming you mean England go out, I don’t think anybody realistically expects then to win it, like I said I’ll be well pleased if they get to quarters, and delighted if they get to semis like Italia 90.
If they go out after playing good football and going for it, I’m disappointed yeh, but knock them no. :bulb:

You can’t really complain when they get beat by the likes of Brazil, unless it’s by a fluke cross in the box like 02 :smiling_imp: or Argentina’s cheating ■■■■ Maradonna in 86…(still have not forgiven that little sh after 32 years :open_mouth: ) if it’s Germany, well that DOES hurt.
Maybe I take this stuff too seriously. :blush: :laughing:

Maybe I’m just more of a realist than some, but the only time I’ll knock them is if they come across as not giving a ■■■■ either way, not for getting beat by a better side…that’s just football.

I might get a new telly, the last new one was a colour TV in 1966

Just spent a good afternoon in the pub watching Mexico beat Germany.
I reckon with a result like that, and Iceland holding Argentina to a draw last night that this is an open competition for anybody so far.
#Wishful thinking. :smiley:

Good pubs don’t have sky sports thankfully :wink:

Punchy Dan:

No escaping it Dan, all the games are on ‘normal’ telly. :sunglasses: :smiley:
Give it a go, you should broaden your horizons from Fodens and ERFs. :wink: :laughing:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

Give it a go, you should broaden your horizons from Fodens and ERFs. :wink: :laughing:

We not had tele since I chopped the cable when doing the kids rooms up 4 months back ,got a box of 1980s truck ■■■■ though :blush: :wink: :laughing:

robroy:
Just spent a good afternoon in the pub watching Mexico beat Germany.
I reckon with a result like that, and Iceland holding Argentina to a draw last night that this is an open competition for anybody so far.
#Wishful thinking. :smiley:

Switzerland 1 Brazil 1. :open_mouth: :laughing:

While Le Mans has turned into an over regulated farce and then the organisers wonder why the attendance figures have fallen. :unamused: Which is actually far worse from my point of view not being interested in football that much.

Better days unlike the planet Zog of the 21st Century. :frowning:

youtube.com/watch?v=2siL0-JPq2Y

youtube.com/watch?v=z2PJnLgOPyo

youtube.com/watch?v=PR7KRHv02IE

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

We not had tele since I chopped the cable when doing the kids rooms up 4 months back ,got a box of 1980s truck ■■■■ though :blush: :wink: :laughing:

Not had a telly for 5 years, no broadband either. Peaceful.

A young side who will gel,and grow together,under a great captain…who they’ll look up to.
An ENGLISH manager who’s walked the walk.

Come on England!

commonrail:
A young side who will gel,and grow together,under a great captain…who they’ll look up to.
An ENGLISH manager who’s walked the walk.

Come on England!

Yes, and with no ‘dirty laundry’ for the press to pick up on either…as yet. :unamused: Gareth did manage Middlesborough for a while, and they got relegated, but he tried his best and many other past England managers haven’t had a great record at club level either. The players obviously like him and so do the fans so hopefully he will be there for a few years.

Pete.

Reckon they didn’t do too bad Mon night…, although that Ref was ■■■■ shocking. :open_mouth:
Allowing Tunisia to waste time and letting bloody wrestling holds go.

A lot of the big sides have come unstuck, so still.say it’s anybody’s competition.
Looking forward to Sunday’s game.

Soon see…when we play Belgium.
If they tank us…normal service resumed.

commonrail:
Soon see…when we play Belgium.
If they tank us…normal service resumed.

Does that mean the soaps will be back on ■■ (my missus is forever moaning about the lack of Corrie etc !)

There will still be other matches on :wink:

Russian police have reported that Polish fans have gone on the rampage in Moscow.

So far, 350 cars have been washed, hoovered and polished.

:laughing:
That’s the argies gone

Harry Monk:
Russian police have reported that Polish fans have gone on the rampage in Moscow.

For a minute that was believable.Followed by WW3. :open_mouth: :laughing:

that’s the worst argentine defence since port Stanley :smiley:

Saturday Morning. Year 2 (of 7) - Independence Anniversary

Current chances of World Cup teams, according to betfair betting exchange… (%ages rounded down)

Brazil: 17%
Spain: 16%
Germany: 10%
Belgium: 10%
France: 9%
England: 8%
Croatia: 6%
Portugal: 5%
Argentina: 4%
Uruguay: 3%
Mexico: 2%
Russia: 1%
Anyone Else (Blanket, from starters) 9% Anyone else (individually) - Less than half a percent.

England vs Panama (Tomorrow)

England Win - 88%
Panama Win - 4%
Draw - 8%

The England price is good for a bet of fifty grand, so it’s a pretty solid bid for accuracy as it stands.

(Bookies price odds on 1/4 to beat Panama on Sunday…)