Engine started as soon as you wake up wtf?

I have been moaning about this for years,when the eastern euro lads are on a weekly rest period,on a French motorway area,they are a right pain in the back pasage,i have not resorted to violence is a miracle,they watch videos/cd`s/on line/computer games and satelite tv from Bulgaria all night,then the next day when EVERYONE around is fast asleep the fire up for half an hour or more to charge up the batteries.
They will do this all day.you can not relax in the cab,for a siesta snooze post big meal in the afternoon.
They will fire up in the early in the morning,and most times they wont move untill after Monday am to wait for a reload.
I have to go away all day,and cylce for about 30 miles,find a tranquil spot or a river to swim in,or a forest in the country,they will sit in the cab for the whole week end,getting drunk on vodka,with the curtains shut for privacy.With a new truck,why the high power drainage on a new battery,what do they have in the cab,a mission control centre like the one on Air Force One.

2 reasons, build up oil temperature and air pressure, driving normally with cold oil puts a lot of eventual wear and tear on the turbo

I start it & go within a minute, i do try & do 1 minute upon stopping to cool it down a bit. Idling the truck on start doesn’t really warm the engine up anyway. It only heats up when you start driving, you’re making better use of your time by just setting off and taking it easy on the loud pedal until it gets up to temp.

beattun:
2 reasons, build up oil temperature and air pressure, driving normally with cold oil puts a lot of eventual wear and tear on the turbo

Again with modern oil I would disagree with this, the :wink: klingon(©) factor in oil means that bearings are still lubricated, unless you are an ice road trucker or in mid winter in Sweden the new oils will cope just fine.

And the turbo isn’t mechanically driven, it is only spun by the evacuated exhaust gas which will heat the engine much quicker than if sat idling for 10 minutes.

Who gives a [zb]. Bunch of moaning [zb]s the lot of you. If you can’t tolerate noise then don’t no nights out, simple. :angry:

I start the engine, then do my daily checks. By the time I’ve checked everything the engine’s nice and warm and everything’s ‘sorted’.

dinosteveus1:
I start the engine, then do my daily checks. By the time I’ve checked everything the engine’s nice and warm and everything’s ‘sorted’.

Thats exactly what i do. Seems to work fine.

dinosteveus1:

same here,with the oils that are used nowadays,they days are gone when you had to leave an engine running for 10/15 mins to warm up to thin the oil,oil is already bloody thin :wink:
couple of minutes running & i’m away,best way to get an engine/gearbox warm is to drive it & just keep it on the green,your not doing any harm then.
with the cost of diesel,the last thing anyone should be doing is leaving a motor running for ages,i see it all the time & firms i go to,just no need for it.

Rob K:
Who gives a [zb]. Bunch of moaning [zb]s the lot of you. If you can’t tolerate noise then don’t no nights out, simple. :angry:

Well said that man!

I use this site less and less nowadays because everytime I browse the forums there’s always some whingebag moaning about fridge driver’s,foglights or whatever. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :confused:

KW:

Rob K:

Well said that man!

I use this site less and less nowadays because everytime I browse the forums there’s always some whingebag moaning about fridge driver’s,foglights or whatever. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :confused:

Drivers doing nights out that moan about noise is one thing that really annoys the [zb] out of me. It’s stupidity ^10. You know you struggle to sleep in anything other than complete silence but yet you decide to do nights out where 99% of the time you don’t get to choose your surroundings which are 100% guaranteed to have people/vehicles/stuff making noise. :unamused: In fact stupidity ^10 is being extremely generous.

Once again drivers proving what I keep saying : thick as [zb].

This problem is easy sorted, just leave your own motor on high idle all night long no matter what the weather is like outside and all you`ll hear is your own trucks noise job done and ■■■■ everyone else parked around you :laughing: Well thats how they do it out here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes Rob, many are, but not necessarily the ones expecting a bit of respect during the quiet hours.

i.e. When parked in large & not full parking areas I’ve many times seen drivers do change overs (with lots of unnecessary revving & shouting) right next to the sleeping drivers when there is plenty of room over the other side. Inconsiderate or just stupid?

Fridge drivers who ignore the specified fridge parking area and pull inbetween 2 normal trucks then leave the fridge runnig all night in winter.

5 - 10 minutes warm up idle before pulling away quietly is not an issue, but the above 2 examples most certainly are.

Driveroneuk:
Yes Rob, many are, but not necessarily the ones expecting a bit of respect during the quiet hours.

i.e. When parked in large & not full parking areas I’ve many times seen drivers do change overs (with lots of unnecessary revving & shouting) right next to the sleeping drivers when there is plenty of room over the other side. Inconsiderate or just stupid?

Fridge drivers who ignore the specified fridge parking area and pull inbetween 2 normal trucks then leave the fridge runnig all night in winter.

5 - 10 minutes warm up idle before pulling away quietly is not an issue, but the above 2 examples most certainly are.

How is running a fridge an issue and totally unnecessary idling not? :wink:

Personally I’m not bothered noise wise by either, it’s part of doing nights out and you are never going to avoid fridges, or any other kind of noise completely. In much the same way that unless you live in a field you aren’t going to avoid noise such as engines and talking at home either.

Coffeeholic:
How is running a fridge an issue and totally unnecessary idling not? :wink:

Personally I’m not bothered noise wise by either, it’s part of doing nights out and you are never going to avoid fridges, or any other kind of noise completely. In much the same way that unless you live in a field you aren’t going to avoid noise such as engines and talking at home either.

Funny you should say that :wink: This is the view from my office, upstairs at the back of the house:

PICT1761.JPG

Driveroneuk:

John Raymond drivers at Swindon Truckstop, please take note of this! :laughing:

What about drivers reversing into the spot next to you when they can see you and a lot of others have got their curtains shut, and they reverse without turning their reverse alarms off. Thats just bad manners.

Never really bothered me… the noise my kids make at home is far worse than anything on the road…

DAAAAAAAAAAAADDDD :smiling_imp:

Rob K:

Dam i find my self agreeing with rob ! Lets hope theres a cure

i’ll trade you…
i always try to be as quiet as possible when repairing things on the services,even to the point of moving vehicles to a better spot when having to strip wheels off and such.

now stop ■■■■■■■ up the wheel so i don’t have to change brake chambers and the like in puddles of ■■■■. :open_mouth:

I have some ear plugs for sale,tenner a pair,bargain that is.