Enforced time off/ holiday

Having had almost a week of to carry out some joinery work on the wife’s new market stall I had a little problem with my compound mitre saw .

This was two weeks ago and I will have another 4 weeks of to get over the amputation of my right index finger. Hopefully it will not cause too many problems when behind the wheel again.

:open_mouth:

RIP finger.

ouch

My father in law down something similar last year but he had accident with a circular saw with his left thumb a few mth off then back to work np

hope you had your PPE on you know hat boots hi-viz :wink:
That had to hurt rest up buddy

Still got 9 left, be thankful it wasn’t your full hand. I thought they could reattach fingers and toes nowadays. NHS cuts? :laughing:

A couple of years ago I cut the tendon in my little finger, the hospital told me I would need three months off work, I asked them how long would I have to take if they amputated the finger, they told me likely a few weeks. I said cut it off then, they refused.
So after six weeks I just told my own doctor the physio said I could go back to work and got me a back to work note, I think work new I blagged it to get back :laughing:

My uncle caught his finger in ships hatch it cut it off, he was back on the ship three days and did the same thing again to the other hand :laughing:

I did cut in to my middle finger, but no tendon damage. The hospital staff were fantastic in my 2 night stay with them.

google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h … B4QMygAMAA
One & a half reasons why I don’t do diy. That even looks painful.

Hope you have a speedy recovery mate. Can’t even begin to imagine what that was like.

It’s the phantom finger that nags more than the wife. Imagine banging your funny bone and times it by ten and you get the idea.

Not good!! Stay away from DIY!! Get well soon :sunglasses:

If it’s any consolation the index finger is actually the most useless of your fingers :wink:

Edit to add pic of forums.

User and 1 below ur thread is ironic

TJ82, that is what my consultant said before the operation.

Look on the bright side, you’ve still got the one you need to wave to the boss. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Look on the bright side, you’ve still got the one you need to wave to the boss. :smiley:

But he cnt do the Dusty Bin anymore

mcc46:
TJ82, that is what my consultant said before the operation.

when you sit and think about what you actually use it for you realise it’s excess baggage lol.

Move over Nick. You have been demoted in my sympathies list.

m1cks:

:cry: got me appointment through for the ultrasound today :grimacing: think I got a min 2 weeks still as I cant lift the beer arm :frowning:

nick2008:

m1cks:

:cry: got me appointment through for the ultrasound today :grimacing: think I got a min 2 weeks still as I cant lift the beer arm :frowning:

Did you mention the beer arm in some kind of underhand way to increase my sympathies for your injury?
This mans lost a finger and you try and make it all about you you you.
Here, have a beer on me [emoji481] - oh wait a minute! :wink:

m1cks:

nick2008:

m1cks:

Did you mention the beer arm in some kind of underhand way to increase my sympathies for your injury?
This mans lost a finger and you try and make it all about you you you.
Here, have a beer on me [emoji481] - oh wait a minute! :wink:

Bar Steward :grimacing:
na when he said what happened I had that goose bump feeling :neutral_face:
mind he was doing it for the other half :open_mouth: