Employment Contracts

What planet are some of these employers on when they come out with some this rubbish.

With some companies the contract will say something like this -

If you damage a company vehicle and we think you are negligent, we will expect you to pay for the repairs to the vehicle and or property.
We will expect you to pay our insurance excess and the difference if our insurance premium goes up. The company is entitled to deduct these monies from your wages, should it see fit. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Now, don’t get me wrong, it is extremely rare for me personally to have any kind of incident. But who wants this hanging over their head should they happen to have an off day. ? Besides, when are these employers gonna get the facts straight here ? A driver goes to work to earn money in an honest manner, with no risks of any losses in their earnings. The driver is not a co-director or self-employed, does not have any cut of the profits, so takes no financial risks either.
Or have I got it wrong. :open_mouth: :confused: Some of you fools out there must be signing crap like this.

Step away from the contract !!! :open_mouth:

Don`t see many people wanting to put a signature to that !

why dont they just put “if you work here then you ae responsible for any damage caused by you in the event of a accident, both our vehicle and the other parties but if you want a good deal on insurance we can sell you some of ours” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: now doesnt that sound like a better deal knowing you have insurance :laughing: :laughing:

I think a lot of companies write this into the contract now, just in case you decide to have a bit of road rage and decide to wipe the car out that as just cut you up.

Take it wi a pinch of salt.

I had a similar clause on my contract at the last plumbing firm I worked for…

I had 2 accidents, both they tried to pin on me, both times I said bollox…

They never got any money out of me, I checked!!

I had that at an agency, I refused to sign and walked away.

even so its my understanding that with that in your contract they still cant make any deductions from your wage unless you sign to say so i.e. wing mirror £50 signed by you

otherwise its a non-lawful deduction from your wage

had that in my nightfreight contract [ dont know if it was just in that depots contract or all]. had to pay the excess if i remember correctly.
im sure its in a thread on here somewhere ,but where i havent got a clue