Employer Recomendations - Derbyshire

I have sort of decided that the agency driver route has served it’s purpose for me. Long convoluted story but basically the things that really put me off getting up and going to work (crap work, crap badly maintained trucks, filthy cabs, clueless operators etc etc) are more commonly found in agency work. After having a good year and falling into a few good numbers I think I have used up my luck.

I now have spent two years building my experience, and although I realise I am know where near knowing it all, I believe I have reached a level where I am confident in my abilities to get the fabled decent job. I’m reliable, got common sense and can crack on !! and get the job done. Spent time listening and learning how to become a “drive”.

From a few years on here I know the best way to approach this is to go door knocking with my CV. I am forming a list of companies to approach as want to find a good job that will match my criteria. Don’t just want any job so i jump into something that will have the same problems as agency work. I’m in no rush as can carry on limping until i find the right opportunity.

What i’m looking for (know its a bit picky but it is what it is - If cant get it might as well continue carrying the Lidl bag)
1 - Sensible boss/owner/manager who will treat me as a human being.
2 - Well maintained vehicle, not bothered if it isn’t assigned to me. Boss jumps on people who neglect them and takes pride in fleet.
3 - Don’t want to work Sat. Separated and have kids every Sat. Odd run in OK.
4 - Happy to night out but don’t want to tramp. In a new relationship and too old to f*#$ this one up…
5 - Really need a min £475 take home. Happy to max hours (legally) and push to earn.

Really looking in Derby Alfreton Ashbourne Cheaterfield area. Would go a bit further if it was worth it.

Can anyone help with suggestions of companies to add to my list. Thanks in advance to those members who take the time to respond.

Cant vouch for all your list being fulfilled, but the obvious one to try straight away would be Co-op near junc 28. Whilst in the area, do a tour of Cotes Park. Plenty of operators around there. Also well worth a try is Mitchells - next door to me at Stanton Hill.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

calsdad:
I have sort of decided that the agency driver route has served it’s purpose for me. Long convoluted story but basically the things that really put me off getting up and going to work (crap work, crap badly maintained trucks, filthy cabs, clueless operators etc etc) are more commonly found in agency work. After having a good year and falling into a few good numbers I think I have used up my luck.

I now have spent two years building my experience, and although I realise I am know where near knowing it all, I believe I have reached a level where I am confident in my abilities to get the fabled decent job. I’m reliable, got common sense and can crack on !! and get the job done. Spent time listening and learning how to become a “drive”.

From a few years on here I know the best way to approach this is to go door knocking with my CV. I am forming a list of companies to approach as want to find a good job that will match my criteria. Don’t just want any job so i jump into something that will have the same problems as agency work. I’m in no rush as can carry on limping until i find the right opportunity.

What i’m looking for (know its a bit picky but it is what it is - If cant get it might as well continue carrying the Lidl bag)
1 - Sensible boss/owner/manager who will treat me as a human being.
2 - Well maintained vehicle, not bothered if it isn’t assigned to me. Boss jumps on people who neglect them and takes pride in fleet.
3 - Don’t want to work Sat. Separated and have kids every Sat. Odd run in OK.
4 - Happy to night out but don’t want to tramp. In a new relationship and too old to f*#$ this one up…
5 - Really need a min £475 take home. Happy to max hours (legally) and push to earn.

Really looking in Derby Alfreton Ashbourne Cheaterfield area. Would go a bit further if it was worth it.

Can anyone help with suggestions of companies to add to my list. Thanks in advance to those members who take the time to respond.

Try NFT Distribution.

Bow distribution @ Riddings
Paul Cotterills @ Ambergate
JC Balls @ Ambergate
Leedales @ Ripley
D&D @ L angley Mill
Nelsons @ Belper

calsdad:
decent job.

Is there such a thing in haulage?

Pimpdaddy:

calsdad:
decent job.

Yes, but they’re not accessible for everyone.

Average drivers will only ever be able to get average work.

Below average drivers may even struggle to get below average work… even on agency. They usually end up in the manual vegetable harvesting industry.

Now is not the best time to flex your muscles, I`d keep my powder dry till April, when the new tax year kicks in :wink:

Contraflow:

Pimpdaddy:

calsdad:
decent job.

Below average drivers may even struggle to get below average work… even on agency. They usually end up in the manual vegetable harvesting industry.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stanley Mitchell:
Now is not the best time to flex your muscles, I`d keep my powder dry till April, when the new tax year kicks in :wink:

Not thought of the Tax implications. Thanks for the input.

Contraflow:

Pimpdaddy:

calsdad:
decent job.

Do you recommend carrots or turnips…

calsdad:

Contraflow:

Do you recommend carrots or turnips…

Or maybe even parsnips [emoji39][emoji1]

Pimpdaddy:

calsdad:
decent job.

No, there isn’t. Certainly not if you are a driver, that’s for sure.

Anyone, who thinks otherwise, is deluded.

Stamper:
Anyone, who thinks otherwise, is deluded.

So contraflow is deluded then!?[emoji23][emoji23]
I hope he remembers that carrots are one of his 5 a day…[emoji1]

Pimpdaddy:
So contraflow is deluded then!?[emoji23][emoji23]
I hope he remembers that carrots are one of his 5 a day…[emoji1]

Yes, he is. He’s speaking out of his backside, yet again.

Maybe, he’d like you to stick one of your carrot’s up his ■■■■■■■

wow pimpdaddy how many different alter egos have you dreamt up?

I would ignore as a driver about 75% of the companies suggested as ‘decent’ co-op your going to be working weekends.

mitchells I haven’t drove for before but the transport lads always seemed decent on the phone.

I cant see any of the rest fitting into what you want.

chesterfield has a few fridge firms I cant for the life of me think of the name of one of them but his trucks always look bang on and clean - maybe worth a try.

Andrejs:
Try NFT Distribution.

If you go there on the books weekend working is part of the rota same at co-op.
Plenty of places around Alfreton, Sutton in Ashfield and Junction 29…
Synseal , Eurocell ,Alloga and Kuehne & Nagel are all just off jct 28 and seem to have tidy kit.
Best thing would be to go knocking on doors.
Didnt include Maurice Hill or Taylors cause you said you wanted to drive decent kit :wink:

war1974:

I would ignore as a driver about 75% of the companies suggested as ‘decent’ co-op your going to be working weekends.

mitchells I haven’t drove for before but the transport lads always seemed decent on the phone.

chesterfield has a few fridge firms I cant for the life of me think of the name of one of them but his trucks always look bang on and clean - maybe worth a try.

Rick Bestwicks are on holmewood ind est

war1974:

Thanks War. Been in most of these places on Agency so know they are exactly what I’m not looking for. Didn’t want to post something that might seem negative when someone was trying to help.

Co-op is not my bag. The job is ■■■■■■■ cages with a bit of driving thrown in. D&D I am no longer welcome at, it failed my “being treated like a human being criteria” a year or so back. Of the others Nelsons is the best paid at £8.30 so all miss my earning target.

Was hoping this could be a serious thread as I genuinely require help. Then PimpPillock and his many alias’s turn up. Thanks for trying anyway.

Hank Hill:

war1974:

Rick Bestwicks are on holmewood ind est

Had heard Rick Bestwicks had sold their transport out to DFDS. Not sure if this is true.

Is Kuene & Nagel in Derby accessible for you?

Seem to recall talking with one of their drivers & you might be able to get a Sunday-Thursday shift there, think the money is high 400s - 500 take home. Well unionised. Easy work moving palletised booze from A-B.