Employer Recomendations - Derbyshire

Stamper:
Yes, he is. He’s speaking out of his backside, yet again.

Maybe, he’d like you to stick one of your carrot’s up his [zb].

Waste of veg mate, most truck drivers don’t do veg, that’s why they spout so much zb[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Have you tried at the bottom of the village yet ? Just realised you have the t shirt too ?

war1974:
wow pimpdaddy how many different alter egos have you dreamt up?

A lot. He keeps having to make new ones though. It’s a bit worrying considering the amount of time and effort he’s putting into it. He must have some kind of disorder.

Rikki-UK:
A few “characters” have found out that their posts take sometime to appear and most do not appear at all.

Dont know why they spend all that time making new e-mail accounts, go through all the registration process here, wait for their account to get activated, when it takes us less than 5 seconds to pre mod them…

Pimpdaddy:

Stamper:
Yes, he is. He’s speaking out of his backside, yet again.

Maybe, he’d like you to stick one of your carrot’s up his [zb].

Waste of veg mate, most truck drivers don’t do veg, that’s why they spout so much zb[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They live on greasy burgers, prepared in those horrible naff little trailers, parked in layby’s on the A14.

I suppose it ■■■■■■ the vendors off somewhat, when a lorry pulls in and takes all/most of the available space and stays there for like-45 minutes. Especially, if the driver doesn’t even buy anything.

Then, after the break has finished; it’s back to ■■■■■■■ the motorists off.

calsdad:

Hank Hill:

war1974:
wow pimpdaddy how many different alter egos have you dreamt up?

I would ignore as a driver about 75% of the companies suggested as ‘decent’ co-op your going to be working weekends.

mitchells I haven’t drove for before but the transport lads always seemed decent on the phone.

I cant see any of the rest fitting into what you want.

chesterfield has a few fridge firms I cant for the life of me think of the name of one of them but his trucks always look bang on and clean - maybe worth a try.

Rick Bestwicks are on holmewood ind est

Had heard Rick Bestwicks had sold their transport out to DFDS. Not sure if this is true.

that’s who I was thinking of however I subbied for dfds for a while and the work was decent too.

You have a pm

vwgpmk2:
You have a pm

Why post that■■? :imp: It comes up automatically on their page :unamused:

dri-diddly-iver:

vwgpmk2:
You have a pm

Why post that■■? :imp: It comes up automatically on their page :unamused:

only if they are logged in :unamused:

:unamused: Why would anyone coming on here asking a question NOT log in :question: :question:

Pointless post ‘sent you a pm’ :unamused: They will get it!!

Calm down dear.

Sorry :blush: annoys me a bit though :laughing: really pointless posts :unamused: what a waste of reading :stuck_out_tongue:

Lockwoods?

They used to have a reputation for being a bit “rough and ready” but the trucks I see about are fairly new and look well kept.

Lock woods have certainly ditched the rough and ready, all decent kit and hard to get a start with them, I tried lol

Avoid allegro at Alfreton, always want drivers but the pay is not good, but they will start new guys. Leedale in Ripley often want drivers, but not sure on their pay etc. All the kit is new but no idea what they are like to work for l.

Any idea on Lockwoods money. Done a couple of days there and drivers were moaning about weekly wage, might have changed as was a couple of years ago.

Not sure what they pay to be honest mate, I believe things improved since then

calsdad:
Any idea on Lockwoods money. Done a couple of days there and drivers were moaning about weekly wage, might have changed as was a couple of years ago.

I thought common rail worked at lockwoods .

calsdad:

Show me a company where drivers don’t moan about the weekly wage.

My old gaffer always maintained that when drivers STOPPED moaning it was time for him to worry. I think he had a point.

Plenty of drivers don’t moan, but they fly under the radar, because plenty more do moan :laughing:

The below is a text I got from from a senior member of staff at lockwoods back in April about pay…

Here are the pay rates, if you want me to go ahead with application then put your CV together and I will talk to transport director. £8.45 ph with minimum 48 hrs paid plus £35 pw bonus. Over 50.5 hrs £10.34 ph. Not looking for class 2 right now but things are always changing. Let me know pal.

This was when I was still class 2. He also told me class 1 and class2 are on the same money!f I didn’t pursue it with them once I passed my class 1 as he told me the majority of class1 drivers are out all week. It’s also £25 night out money.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post information. It’s appreciated. Think i have formulated a plan. Needs a bit more thought then out knocking doors.