Employer keeping tacho card

employer keeping my tacho card during week rest so they can download it.

Is this problem or not?? this is not forced just idea??

I said no chance and they said why not?? I said don`t no.

Thanks

No way would I leave mine with anyone. I wouldn’t run the risk of somebody using it or ‘losing it’

No nada nice nine , your card must be on your person at all time if not driving a truck like your driving licence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
No nada nice nine , your card must be on your person at all time if not driving a truck like your driving licence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You do not need to carry your driving licence.

But do I need to keep my tacho card with me. I normally just leave in my locker at work.

To stop you having an assessment drive somewhere else on your time off??

damo84:
To stop you having an assessment drive somewhere else on your time off??

not with my employer. NO ONE LEAVES !!!

but is there a legal reason. I can`t find one.

It’s your card not your employers no way should you leave it with them, I would have big concerns if I was asked to leave mine with anybody as it leaves it open to abuse.

I thought the card was actually the property of DVLA.

There’s no reason why you cannot leave the card in the office as long as you’re sure it won’t be used either deliberately or by mistake.

But why not just download it at the end of the last shift of the week or whenever you’re in the office, it seems to work for thousands of other drivers.

tachograph:
There’s no reason why you cannot leave the card in the office as long as you’re sure it won’t be used either deliberately or by mistake.

But why not just download it at the end of the last shift of the week or whenever you’re in the office, it seems to work for thousands of other drivers.

Im not working for a normal transport company. This is not forced against are will, just an idea to make life easier for both parties.

Can’t see a big deal with it other than it has your date of birth on it (amongst other personal unique info), which means that info comes under the Data Protection Act (if I recall) because it’s electronically readable which means the company has to comply with the DPA policy on safely securing your card.

truckerjimbo:

tachograph:

Im not working for a normal transport company. This is not forced against are will, just an idea to make life easier for both parties.

Like I said as long as you’re confident the card is safe there’s no problem, you don’t need to carry it with you when you’re not working so it’s your choice really.

truckerjimbo:

tachograph:

You could say that you’ll leave it with them at the weekend, but as its a legal record, so to cover yourself for loss or misuse while in their possession you’ll expect to them to produce a signed receipt when you hand it over. :smiley:

How difficult is it to download it once a month? Or are you paid off the card weekly or summat?
I would be very very wary about leaving my card with anyone.
Who had responsibility if it goes missing, or is misused, or left on top of a magnet?
There are many types of devices for downloading cards. AS 24 stations have them. You can download your your card from another country at midnight on a Saturday if you want. No need for it.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

DP.

truckerjimbo:
You do not need to carry your driving licence.

But do I need to keep my tacho card with me. I normally just leave in my locker at work.

Youre right , you dont need to carry your licence but i always do along with obviously my passport , birth certificate and organ donor card, if you get pulled it saves loads of time and grief if you have it to hand plus if i do get mashed to pulp theres some ID in the cab…

I wouldn’t leave my digi card with my employer any more than I’d leave my credit card with them! Not that I’d fear anything untoward, it’s just simply that chimps in offices are just that, chimps! Sooner or later it will get lost. If anyone is gonna lose my digi card it ■■■■ well better be me! :wink:

tachograph:

Where I used to work we found it a bit of a job chasing up those who ‘forgot’ to download etc and the analysis software wasn’t exactly user friendly with regard to downloads etc so we tried having drivers leave their card in a folder with their name on (receipt given if they wanted one) and one person downloaded them all at the same time over the weekend and logged those missing giving a list to the transport office to sort chase them up during the following week.

It actually worked quite well because any print outs that had been made with things written on were also in the wallet etc and the lad doing the downloads could enter notes there and then etc.

We didn’t force anyone to leave their card. None went missing and we didn’t mysteriously have lost/missing cards on a Monday morning. Those that didn’t want to leave their cards just got them downloaded during the week. It worked However - this was a good few years ago and that particular company have better software and card readers now so drivers are able to do it themselves.

As tachograph has said - not a problem really.

For those concerned about it getting lost - its all of £19.00 and you can work without it for 15 days. Not like they have your credit card really is it?

Never in a million years. I’ve got my tacho card,DQC,and bank card on a piece of elastic. I’d be more worried about someone using it than some office clown losing it. They’d be paying the 19 quid anyway

Who paid for it? I paid for mine, no ■■■■■■ gets it, I’ll download it as required by law, but no one gets it, it’s MINE,

SAPPER