Eh!? Start times;

Can you explain what I can and can’t do here please? I get the feeling somethings wrong but can’t think what;

Start times for next Friday are 2am then 23:00 assuming I get 9hrs in between :confused: Doesn’t sound much fun, even if it’s legal

‘‘demands of the business’’ my dear man.

darkseeker:
Can you explain what I can and can’t do here please? I get the feeling somethings wrong but can’t think what;

Start times for next Friday are 2am then 23:00 assuming I get 9hrs in between :confused: Doesn’t sound much fun, even if it’s legal

If your starting at 2am just make sure your parked up before 2pm so you can get your 9 hrs reduced rest in before starting again at 11pm

It sounds like an ideal shift to get you back from the continent, get up at 1am drive through the night, 5or6 hours kip then a nice shower & meal in a routier before heading for the ferry

Fair play to anyone who can do it but myself, I just can’t start work at that time of night.

This makes me thonk of my company’s rule on 10 hrs max driving in any given 24 hours…

Start Monday 4am, do a 13 hour day with 10 hour drive. Reduce to 9 hours break, start tuesday at 2am and crack on. Our company say that by 4am tuesday you have done 12 hours drive in 24 hours, therefore illegal.

I think they are wrong. In FACT they ARE wrong.

After 9 hours the timers are reset.

Harry Monk:
Fair play to anyone who can do it but myself, I just can’t start work at that time of night.

Same here, I`ve done it but struggled to make it through the shift.

Drive all day into and through the night no problem but to START at that ridiculous time is just not possible, I felt ill to be honest.

Horses for courses i suppose but if I wanted to work the same hours as a milkman I would have learned to drive a milk float!! :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to my world…this week went like this…
Monday start 0045 finish 1345
Tuesday start 0415 finish 1730
Wednesday start 0230 finish 1430
Thursday start 0200 finish 1500
Friday start 0200 finish 1700
Saturday start 0200 finish 1615

If the op isn’t finished by 1400, then the 2300 start time is irrelevant and not his problem. The traffic orifice will have to find someone else to do it.

Ken.

just cos its legal dont make it safe

even when you leave the trucks ,you still get silly o clock starts.
did one last week got up at 2am,picked up client at 02.50 travelled to gatwick for 5am home for breakfast by 7 am.
half hr later back in to do locals, then lunch at 11am for half hr then finish at 3pm.
the joys of having no tacho’d,digicards etc.
with tips cleared best part of £200 oh the joys of cab driving.
07.30 start next day, but was shot by 4pm so went home,took 2 days to get me clock back to normal hrs 07.30 till 6pm.

It’s the way of the world I suppose, but it doesn’t seem right to me. Human beings are supposed to be asleep at night.

Harry Monk:
It’s the way of the world I suppose, but it doesn’t seem right to me. Human beings are supposed to be asleep at night.

Couldn’t agree more Harry.

Nights ain’t natural, and are only for 3 things:

Drinking
Shagging
Sleeping.

And all 3 things follow each other in that order.

Ken.

ill stick to the last 2 if you dont mind. cant be arsed with giving this guv to much tax/duty.

I have start times like that a couple of times a week, but it’s my choice as it gets me to the train, across and back to the yard nice and early, usually after 4 or 5 hours work. I get paid 9.5 hours for it and have the rest of the day to my self. It’s like getting an extra day off.

I thought you could only work a maximum of 11 hours if you start before 4am ■■

It says ERF not RAF:

Work yes…doesn’t include POA or breaks

So 11 hours plus POA and breaks

It says ERF not RAF:

Semtex:

It says ERF not RAF:

Work yes…doesn’t include POA or breaks

So 11 hours plus POA and breaks

10 work + breaks and POA.

It says ERF not RAF:

Or you can opt out of this as my firm have so we start before 4 and still do a normal 13-15 hour day :frowning:

Gaz:
This makes me thonk of my company’s rule on 10 hrs max driving in any given 24 hours…

Start Monday 4am, do a 13 hour day with 10 hour drive. Reduce to 9 hours break, start tuesday at 2am and crack on. Our company say that by 4am tuesday you have done 12 hours drive in 24 hours, therefore illegal.

I think they are wrong. In FACT they ARE wrong.

After 9 hours the timers are reset.

They’re getting mixed up with the domestic rules which stipulate 10 driving maximum in the 24 hour period from start of shift :wink:

Presumably you drive to EU regulations ?