Eh!? Start times;

Wheel Nut:
It sounds like an ideal shift to get you back from the continent, get up at 1am drive through the night, 5or6 hours kip then a nice shower & meal in a routier before heading for the ferry

Or the alternative is to nail it to the ferry, get on board, get your food inside you then get showered and 3 hours kip on the boat… Then ditch the disc and fret all the way home… :grimacing: :grimacing:

Pleased to see I’m not alone in thinking Fridays not gonna be much fun, I’m seriously thinking of dragging the first shift out so I can’t do the second to be honest. The agency must be really short of class 1 drivers, or at least those that are willing to go to that particular ■■■■ hole on a Friday night :wink:

Just curious are they paying you Friday rate or Saturday rate for the 2300hrs start??

Nights ain’t natural, and are only for 3 things:

Drinking
Shagging
Sleeping.

And all 3 things follow each other in that order.

Ken.
[/quote]
I’ve been told nights are only for…’ Bobbies & Burglars, Bats & ■■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Norfolknewbie:
Just curious are they paying you Friday rate or Saturday rate for the 2300hrs start??

I don’t think there’s any difference between the two mate; flat rate no matter what and something wierd like time and a quarter for Sunday.

Could’nt agree more about the inhumanity of doing something as fundamentally knackering as truck driving,and expected to do it in the hours before 4am.I myself am firmly of the opinion that this practice is barbaric and well within the feudal mentality that prevails in this disgusting industry,
After a prolonged period on the dole I found employment recently with a container firm that had an ‘opt out’ policy from the night working part of wtd.Dont suppose my chances would have been good at getting the job if i’d informed them that I simply cannot function at those hours of the day,…something about billions of years of human evolution,where sleeping in dark is considered the norm.

As it transpired I lost the gig due in no small part to mistakes I made cogniscent with being half dead at the wheel.

Evil is the word I would use to describe this loophole wtd ■■■■■■■■.

darkseeker:

Norfolknewbie:

I don’t think there’s any difference between the two mate; flat rate no matter what and something wierd like time and a quarter for Sunday.

■■■■ agency mate.

I thought I’d hate nights but I did a week of them recently and it was fine. No traffic to deal with and interesting stuff to listen to on the Worldservice. But not for a flat rate :open_mouth: so maybe what was keeping me happy was the prospect of the extra money. :laughing: I did Sunday night for a very nice rate :wink:

DS, it sounds like they what you to have just 9 hours rest for all week :open_mouth: If that’s the case invite them to go forth… drivers hours rules.

BIG MAC:
ill stick to the last 2 if you dont mind. cant be arsed with giving this guv to much tax/duty.

Drinking always comes in handy if you are shagging an ugly woman though :laughing:

Pardon me for missing something here , but, i assumed that you couldn’t start a 2nd shift on the same day you started and finished another, even if you’ve had 9 off… I’ve got me helmet on ready… :confused:

gunnerheskey:
Pardon me for missing something here , but, i assumed that you couldn’t start a 2nd shift on the same day you started and finished another, even if you’ve had 9 off… I’ve got me helmet on ready… :confused:

Why is that ?

The regs state you must have a minimum of 9 hrs or 11 hrs daily rest it does not say anything about them not being able to start on the same day, you could if you want work a 2 hrs shift then take a 9 hr rest and start another shift as you have basically full filled the daily rest requirement :wink:

waynedl:

darkseeker:

Norfolknewbie:

[zb] agency mate.

Nail, head…

But they’re the only ones giving me class 1 work at the moment.

gunnerheskey:

You assumed wrong. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

BIG MAC:
ill stick to the last 2 if you dont mind. cant be arsed with giving this guv to much tax/duty.

Drinking always comes in handy if you are shagging an ugly woman though :laughing:

But beauty is only a light switch away :smiley:

smitha:

Wheel Nut:

BIG MAC:

But beauty is only a light switch away :smiley:

So’s a surprisingly well executed right hook if you ever forget and say such things out loud :laughing:

i’m now on regular nights, start times between 11- 12, suits me down to the ground, i much prefer to have my spare time in the day and the long weekend from 8.00 am sat through to 11.oopm monday night is spot on for me.
i look at it like this, i earn the same money now for 45-50 hours a week as i did tramping doing 70+ and i’m home every day.
each to their own.
as for the op, i’ll take on most of everything work wise but i’d refuse to do those two shifts as i know if i started at 2.00am theres noway i could sleep in the afternoon in prep for the night shift and starting a shift already tired at night is a recipe for disarster.

DS, is this on the Wilkco contract?

leo.saphira:

Why do you ask?

Good news and bad;

Good news is the agency need me for a different job so I’m only doing the early shift now, other job’s on Saturday so need to work out what I’m doing about weekly rest :confused: nothing for the rest of the week so far so maybe it’ll all sort itself out.

Bad news is I’ve got another infringement in the post (dunno what for yet):evil: Really need to get on top of this and I think I know where the problem is; I need to stop letting the agency convince me I’m o.k. hours wise - if I don’t think I am, the answer’s no and no means no :wink:

darkseeker:

leo.saphira:

Why do you ask?

Good news and bad;

Good news is the agency need me for a different job so I’m only doing the early shift now, other job’s on Saturday so need to work out what I’m doing about weekly rest :confused: nothing for the rest of the week so far so maybe it’ll all sort itself out.

Bad news is I’ve got another infringement in the post (dunno what for yet):evil: Really need to get on top of this and I think I know where the problem is; I need to stop letting the agency convince me I’m o.k. hours wise - if I don’t think I am, the answer’s no and no means no :wink:

Infringements should be explained and that explanation accepted by both parties. It means nothing if the company just send you a letter in the post, they should offer you some training or assistance.

Wheel Nut:
Infringements should be explained and that explanation accepted by both parties. It means nothing if the company just send you a letter in the post, they should offer you some training or assistance.

It’s a printout outlining what I did wrong (in anything but layman’s terms) that needs to be signed and returned, I only really recently realised what was happening and how naieve I’ve been;

The agency’ll ring me asking if I can do such&such and I’ll explain that I don’t think so because… After some key tapping and humming and harring I get “ah- you’re all right to do it” and possibly some almost incomprehendable reason. I’m usually nowhere near a computer or whatever so cant check and end up doing it and bingo! they’ve got someone to go and I’ve got another infringement :imp:

I can see some less than friendly phone calls coming in the next month or two :unamused: