Eddie's scrachbuilt lorrie's

You nailed that one Eddie, looks like a cracker… I hate doing ladders; satisfying if you get them right. I’m sure you know what I mean !!!

Jeff

Aye Jeff you think ah I have nailed that one nice an straight is that, couple o days later OH S–T it has a wee curve in it. Hows things are you still keeping the hand in at the timber saw a bit in Truckin Life a couple o year back that they were losing a lot of business in the timber in Tassy has thing s got a bit better ?. Eddie.

I got this on ebay the fridge was only a shell and the cab was the same. I scratchbuilt the floor and chassis made landing legs fitted new axles. The cab got built by raiding the spares box for everything except shell the paintwork on them was quite good so I only had the bits I added to paint. So its a bit of a Heinz Code3. Eddie.

erfguy:
I got this on ebay the fridge was only a shell and the cab was the same. I scratchbuilt the floor and chassis made landing legs fitted new axles. The cab got built by raiding the spares box for everything except shell the paintwork on them was quite good so I only had the bits I added to paint. So its a bit of a Heinz Code3. Eddie.

Looks great :smiley:

Hi Eddie ,
Thats a good model of T.C.s . Their livery always looks smart, whatever the vehicle.

Judging by the rear full-width mudflap , I reckon it must spend all its time in Europe ,…or are the Irish learning to drive
on both sides of the road ? :laughing:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Roy I don’t know if they are still on the go the place where they were based is now empty and the son has a plain blue FH pulling for Robert Burns. Irish lorries should be the man to tell us ? Eddie.

I’ve not looked on here before ,your models are very good Eddie ,have you done a 8 cyl Guy ?

erfguy:
Roy I don’t know if they are still on the go the place where they were based is now empty and the son has a plain blue FH pulling for Robert Burns. Irish lorries should be the man to tell us ? Eddie.

There still running the 620 along with a white 560 he also has a fh500 and a few fh480s

Hi Eddie and “Irish Lorries” ,
I dont know much at all about T.C. , other than their choice of livery made them easily recognised. I dont know if they used Heysham Port, - “Tankerjack” will be able to supply more details.

Keep on modelling , Eddie. Have you enough workspace to build a model of a Guy Big J fitted with a G… ?

Oh no I haveny space in the model den for an 8cyl lads sorry I am not going down that road. Eddie.

erfguy:
Oh no I haveny space in the model den for an 8cyl lads sorry I am not going down that road. Eddie.

Not even over Shap , Eddie ? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Have a good weekend ,…once Friday`s over . :slight_smile:

cattle wagon man:
Hi Eddie and “Irish Lorries” ,
I dont know much at all about T.C. , other than their choice of livery made them easily recognised. I dont know if they used Heysham Port, - “Tankerjack” will be able to supply more details.

Keep on modelling , Eddie. Have you enough workspace to build a model of a Guy Big J fitted with a G… ?

Don’t know if they used heysham port

Hi Eddie the TC looks well. I never did anything smaller than 1/25 myself.

There was a forest deal between the eco pirates, foresters, and government about a year ago and it managed to get the protesters out the forests. Recently there has been legislation banning people form protesting where they prevent other people going to do an honest days work.
There was a lot of rubbish talked by all parties, so people like us will never really know what was actually going on, and we never will.
The company I’m on for now does mainly plantation pine to the local paper mill, so we’re not in old growth logging.

Jeff

A wee update I saw the middle east ones in Model Trucks and thought I would put the Scani in here.

At the moment I am building this Dennison I had done one in 1/50th before and thought a 1/24th would look well I have been hunting photos of them but they seem to be a bit scarce I got some of the Dennison web site I intend to build a flat trailer from that era to go behind it. This one will suite Irish lorries it will be right up his street. Eddie.

Looks great so far so doe’s the 141

Finally got the DENNISON finished I had a job getting the mauve paint or at least getting something near the original. I found a picture of this one on the net it had belonged to LITTLE ISLAND TRANSPORT & CO LTD of CORK who according to Google are still on the go.
All it needs now is Cork on the doors it was in white and you cant print white of an ordinary printer so I will maybe have to hand paint them but the hands are a bit shaky now. Eddie.

I don’t know how you do it Eddie ,I have so little patients if I give till the count of 3 I can’t get past 1 ,it’s very good anyway .

Thanks Dan I am bothered with stress a bit and this is a great way of just forgetting about the world outside. You know just looking at the last photo of the Dennison when you see the engine tunnel there would be room for a Gardner 8cyl don’t you think naw better no get in ony deeper. Eddie.

The Dennison sure looks good , Eddie. A lot of hard work makes the model appear realistic. :slight_smile:
Instead of a Michelin Man on the cab roof , construct and add a model of a Leprechaun instead ! Pure Irish trademark. :sunglasses:

Impressive stuff there Eddie, the Dennison is fantastic.

Did you use the spreadaxle tilt kit and close up the spread?

Also the sunvisor on the Scania, is that painted with clear red? Or do you have another trick up your sleeve?