Eddie's scrachbuilt lorrie's

The tilt body was among a box of bits I bought many moons ago so it could well have been on a spread axle Newmercman hey we are getting on a bit when you think back about them eh. The Scania visor was a clear one done with clear red. Eddie.

Thanks Eddie, I have a clear visor for my F12 kit, I have red clear, so hopefully I can get the same finish as you have on that Scania.

I had some of the amber clear a long time ago, used to paint my marker lights with it on my full size lorries, thinking about it I did a few interior lights in red too, but it wasn’t as uniform as your visor appears to be, mind you I probably put it on with a toothbrush :laughing:

Two or thee thin coats should see it okay its better than one thick one. Eddie.

What kind of brush would you recommend? I used a cheap plastic job for the matt black bits and it wasn’t very delicate, or maybe that was just a bad workman blaming his tools :slight_smile:

One with fine bristles so you get a nice thin smooth coat a craft shop is usually the best place to pick up brushes you dont want expensive art ones I find them normally about 60p to £1 gets you a reasonable brush. Eddie.

erfguy:
Finally got the DENNISON finished I had a job getting the mauve paint or at least getting something near the original. I found a picture of this one on the net it had belonged to LITTLE ISLAND TRANSPORT & CO LTD of CORK who according to Google are still on the go.
All it needs now is Cork on the doors it was in white and you cant print white of an ordinary printer so I will maybe have to hand paint them but the hands are a bit shaky now. Eddie.

Great model erf man

I had a message from Eddie’s(erfguy) daughter last week to say that he is now suffering from the dreaded dementia and no longer able to work the computer.Tho’ Eddie hasn’t posted here for a long time and a while back did say he was as he put it getting more involvement and feedback on FB. Anyone that knows him on there and with best intentions would want to wish him well, please don’t(his family’s request) as he wouldn’t understand.
One in the making for Ade(lurpak) he took photos when Ade was delivering to Dumfries Caravans and sent the finished article to Ade, a complete surprise and so generous.
Oily

oiltreader:
I had a message from Eddie’s(erfguy) daughter last week to say that he is now suffering from the dreaded dementia and no longer able to work the computer.Tho’ Eddie hasn’t posted here for a long time and a while back did say he was as he put it getting more involvement and feedback on FB. Anyone that knows him on there and with best intentions would want to wish him well, please don’t(his family’s request) as he wouldn’t understand.
One in the making for Ade(lurpak) he took photos when Ade was delivering to Dumfries Caravans and sent the finished article to Ade, a complete surprise and so generous.
Oily

ec11
sorry to here of eddies condition. knew him when he drove for mcmurdos in the late 60/early 70s. we used to stay at the olympia cafe in Preston
together. i was just a boy starting out and he used to give some good advice. last saw him at Biggar a few years ago. please pass on my best wishes.

ec11(colin ex hodgsons of carlisle)

■■■■ sad to hear , known Eddie a long time had the privilege to work along wae him . A good driver ,always kept a clean motor and a good person. James

Being new to this photo posting hopefully I will manage to get a few of the many model lorries and trucks that I have built by hand over the last 35 years hope you enjoy them.Eddie.

.model lorries.5.jpg

.model lorries.4.jpg

Super models look forward to seeing some more.

looking good eddie, hope youll put more photos on…
jimmy.

Thanks Robert and Jimmy, more to follow. Eddie

Hiya …you could,nt build a smiths big J with a 240 gardner could you it would mean so much to so few…
…nice work you should be proud
John

excellent models mate, my favorite has got to be the 141 though
lookin forward to seeing some more.

cheers
gaz

Here are a few more to be going on with, some of the earlier ones were a bit basic but as you go along like everything else you get deeper into it and experiance and confidence grows as you go and I am still learning yet.Thanks for the nice comments on them. Eddie.

.model lorries.2.jpg

That Scania tanker is that good it actually looks real.

Robthedog.
The driver was shown a photo before being told it was a model and thought his boss had been out to a quarry with the motor he was convinced it was the real thing.Thanks for the nice comment. Eddie.

Must echo the comments, love models just wish I was a tiny bit as talanted as yourself.
How many have you inyour collection please?
Regards Gordon.

Gordon.
Not sure on that one as there are quite a few stored in the loft in boxes I also used to do some commisions but I dont now as at my age I have so many ideas of ones I want to do that I will run out of time. Great retirment hobby I dont know how I ever found time to work. Eddie.