Eddies finest strikes again

waynedl:

3ducks:

IndigoJo:
I once had two trucks tailgate me on the M25 when I was driving my car - first one an 18-tonner, second a 32-tonne tipper. Both flashed their lights at me to tell me to get out of the way (I was in the middle lane, doing 50mph through roadworks). I put my hazards on to tell the jerks to back off. The first overtook me on the left,

If the lorry was able to undertake why the [zb] weren’t you in the nearside lane?

Lane discipline in roadworks!!! “I’m doing the speed limit so nobody should be passing me.” [zb][zb]

^^ THIS!!! 100% This…

If a vehicle can under-take you, then you’re clearly in the wrong [zb] lane!!! Call yourself a driver :imp:

The inside lane (the lanes were narrow) had a lot of slow-moving vehicles, including trucks, in it. The middle lane was clear, which is why I was able to stick to 50mph. He was able to undertake at that moment by pulling in and then out quickly.

vwgpmk2:
And if you want proof I have it on my dashcam.

Just mind your own business, it didn’t have an adverse effect on your day so why stick your nose in? I work with someone who’s more than willing to report stuff to management rather than STFU, even though it doesn’t concern or affect them one bit. A totally despised and vile creature that needs to STFU and crawl back under their rock.

IndigoJo:

waynedl:

3ducks:

IndigoJo:
I once had two trucks tailgate me on the M25 when I was driving my car - first one an 18-tonner, second a 32-tonne tipper. Both flashed their lights at me to tell me to get out of the way (I was in the middle lane, doing 50mph through roadworks). I put my hazards on to tell the jerks to back off. The first overtook me on the left,

If the lorry was able to undertake why the [zb] weren’t you in the nearside lane?

Lane discipline in roadworks!!! “I’m doing the speed limit so nobody should be passing me.” [zb][zb]

^^ THIS!!! 100% This…

If a vehicle can under-take you, then you’re clearly in the wrong [zb] lane!!! Call yourself a driver :imp:

The inside lane (the lanes were narrow) had a lot of slow-moving vehicles, including trucks, in it. The middle lane was clear, which is why I was able to stick to 50mph. He was able to undertake at that moment by pulling in and then out quickly.

In a truck■■? :open_mouth:

To me, that means you could’ve pulled in out of his way, and pulled back out when you eventually caught the vehicle in front or after he’d passed.

You were wrong, he was also wrong - I don’t condone tailgaiting in any way, it’s got to be 1 of the most dangerous things on the roads, but if he, in a truck, had time to pull in, pass you, and pull out again, then you were in the wrong lane, simples!.
Must have been at least enough space for a truck, so around 40’ +, between the last vehicle you passed on the inside lane and yourself in the middle lane, and then the same again between you and the next vehicle in the inside lane in front of you, plus the length of your vehicle… But you couldn’t pull in? :unamused:

Also, I would assume your speedo to be inaccurate, most are. Remember most trucks are restricted between 85 and 90kph, so around 52-56mph, so if you were doing 50mph, his max is 56mph, it’d take a while to pass don’t you think?

IndigoJo:

waynedl:

3ducks:

IndigoJo:

^^ THIS!!! 100% This…

Lane discipline is important, not just in roadworks, however the number of trucks that stick to the limiter knowing that they are unlikely to get nicked assuming APCO guidelines are followed is huge. Then two lanes minimum of trucks elephant raving is a disaster waiting to happen.

The recent programme on the M6 did truck drivers no favours and the sooner the idiots are taken out of the system the better for all.

Truckers should welcome anything, including the DCPC that means driving a truck is beyond the idiots reach. This will in time push wages up.

So anything good truckers can do to push the idiots out should be done. The fewer truckers there are and the more difficult it is to become a truck driver the higher wages will be.

It will also mean employers start to take their drivers seriously and agencies can’t take the ■■■■.

This won’t happen whilst the accepted norm is so low.

Cue Borak from Monraviastan watching a Dvd with a roll up in one hand and both feet on the dash driving through the roadworks.
His truck is held together with baler twine from his Dad’ s farm.
Bumpers with Duck tape and rope to get him home.
Enough flags in the windscreen to put the United Nations and the State opening of parliament to shame.

toby1234abc:
Cue Borak from Monraviastan watching a Dvd with a roll up in one hand and both feet on the dash driving through the roadworks.
His truck is held together with baler twine from his Dad’ s farm.
Bumpers with Duck tape and rope to get him home.
Enough flags in the windscreen to put the United Nations and the State opening of parliament to shame.

And the more times VOSA pulls them up and fines them or takes them off the road the less likely they’ll come back.

If someone sees a soft touch they’ll take advantage. It’s about time we stopped being a soft touch

Tailgateing at low speed in a que of traffic he was so close he didn’t see the guy in front stop .

Needless to say his gaffer found out and 6hrs later still on the HS in the same spot his gaffer had turned up ripping swath’s of crap out of him.
( oh and NO it was not me)

toby1234abc:
This thread will run until Christmas. I predict 26 pages. :smiley:

One things guaranteed, there wont be any dash cam video posted.

Muckaway:

vwgpmk2:

Just mind your own business, it didn’t have an adverse effect on your day so why stick your nose in? I work with someone who’s more than willing to report stuff to management rather than STFU, even though it doesn’t concern or affect them one bit. A totally despised and vile creature that needs to STFU and crawl back under their rock.

+1

IndigoJo:

waynedl:

3ducks:

IndigoJo:

^^ THIS!!! 100% This…

“The inside lane had lots of slow moving traffic…he was able to undertake quickly by pulling in then out”…can’t be both brother,if he had enough room to undertake you had enough room to pull in.

sayersy:

Muckaway:

vwgpmk2:

+1

The ones who should be despised are the ones who believe ■■■■ driving standards are acceptable.

Why should agencies and employers care about you when you have that attitude?

IndigoJo:
I once had two trucks tailgate me on the M25 when I was driving my car - first one an 18-tonner, second a 32-tonne tipper. Both flashed their lights at me to tell me to get out of the way (I was in the middle lane, doing 50mph through roadworks). I put my hazards on to tell the jerks to back off. The first overtook me on the left, the other on the right (which of course was the outside lane he wasn’t entitled to use). I was driving a little Kia Piccanto and I suspect the drivers saw a small car and assumed that the driver was a woman. I reported the 18-tonner driver to his company; couldn’t do with the tipper as it was anonymous.

Although there is no excuse for any pro driver to be flashing you / imtimidating you when you are doing 50 I can’t help but think you are a novice driver we should make allowances for this, lane discipline aside you where entering into the realms of an accident waiting to happen, admittedly not your fault to a point but still I can read signs of writing cheques you couldn’t cash in your post.

Tipper drivers have no clue, they are paid by the job and give it the bigun due to their constant realisation they are muppets and there drivers are usually weedy / blow me over with a feather hi/viz wearing types. Let them crack on.
Serioulsy though you should get out of their way as these idiots are better in front of us than up our chuff.

Apologies to any tipper drivers who think my comments are out of order but I’m yet to find one who didn’t lock his cab door like a girl when push came to shove… :wink:

Correction: There was one but he was huge and I ran off :blush:

Jamieg:

What “attitude”? I don’t care how you or anyone else drives or works, aslong as you don’t impact on my life. What annoys me is sad interfering jobsworths (see “Jobsworth” thread for examples) who can’t keep their noses out of things not concerning them.

Dipper_Dave:

IndigoJo:
I once had two trucks tailgate me on the M25 when I was driving my car - first one an 18-tonner, second a 32-tonne tipper. Both flashed their lights at me to tell me to get out of the way (I was in the middle lane, doing 50mph through roadworks). I put my hazards on to tell the jerks to back off. The first overtook me on the left, the other on the right (which of course was the outside lane he wasn’t entitled to use). I was driving a little Kia Piccanto and I suspect the drivers saw a small car and assumed that the driver was a woman. I reported the 18-tonner driver to his company; couldn’t do with the tipper as it was anonymous.

Although there is no excuse for any pro driver to be flashing you / imtimidating you when you are doing 50 I can’t help but think you are a novice driver we should make allowances for this, lane discipline aside you where entering into the realms of an accident waiting to happen, admittedly not your fault to a point but still I can read signs of writing cheques you couldn’t cash in your post.

Tipper drivers have no clue, they are paid by the job and give it the bigun due to their constant realisation they are muppets and there drivers are usually weedy / blow me over with a feather hi/viz wearing types. Let them crack on.
Serioulsy though you should get out of their way as these idiots are better in front of us than up our chuff.

Apologies to any tipper drivers who think my comments are out of order but I’m yet to find one who didn’t lock his cab door like a girl when push came to shove… :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

IndigoJo:

What were you doing in the middle (overtaking lane) if you weren’t overtaking. Does the words “lanes discipline” mean anything to you?

Jamieg:

sayersy:

Muckaway:

vwgpmk2:

+1

The ones who should be despised are the ones who believe [zb] driving standards are acceptable.

On the other hand, the ones that should be “despised” are the judgemental drivers that were born with 20 years experience and have never put a foot wrong in their lives. Never cut in too soon, or braked late, let their concentration slip…just for a moment. The ones that judge and condemn someone based on one brief mistake, even though they aren’t in possession of all the facts. The ones that don’t realise that, whilst ■■■■ driving standards aren’t acceptable, occasional mistakes are. The ones that look down on people that aren’t perfect like you…

msgyorkie:

Dipper_Dave:

IndigoJo:

:slight_smile: come to think of it the roads would be a safer place if tippers and muckshifters where given priority, same with the A14 and box jockeys- sometimes knowing your place makes life so much easier— blocking the middle lane in a Kia picunto is daft at best, especially as it a girls car.

Dipper_Dave:

msgyorkie:

Dipper_Dave:

IndigoJo:

:slight_smile: come to think of it the roads would be a safer place if tippers and muckshifters where given priority, same with the A14 and box jockeys- sometimes knowing your place makes life so much easier— blocking the middle lane in a Kia picunto is daft at best, especially as it a girls car.

Its a mingers car at that,not be any ■■■■■■■■■ be seen in one to be fair :wink:

LGV drivers who use the width restricted lanes on road works are a credit to the profession especially in relation to spatial awareness and knowing the size of their vehicles,I struggle with the bloody LGV lanes some days, especially the ones on on the A14 currently.

Yep we all know the Fiat 500 is what the hot stuff drives, Kias are for mingers… :smiley: