eddie stobart

i was just wondering if any one knows if stobarts still run many wagons i run up and down the m6 quite a bit and a few years ago every other wagon was one of stobarts now though i dont see very many

I know he’s just ‘won’ (or is there such a word as re-won■■) the MoD contract to supply the Naafi’s etc in Germany.

He didn’t win the MoD Balkans contract; that went to DFDS again but you just wouldn’t believe how low their tender price was. It is beyond belief that the job can even be done for that price.

i was just wondering if any one knows if stobarts still run many wagons i run up and down the m6 quite a bit and a few years ago every other wagon was one of stobarts now though i dont see very many

Ypu must have your blinkers on!

I saw plenty of them today all over the M6.

I notice more lots of stobart trucks around in M25, at moment.

but willi betz trucks do less around the UK ? :unamused: maybe i am wrong ? :unamused:

Ben,

I was saying the same thing the other day to a lad at work, they do seem scarcer now dont they■■?

yeah theyve still got loads the depot here in burton have got new fh globetrotter xl,s in the new livery aswell as some 6 axle drawbars looks very smart .eddie doesnt own it anymore its owned by a company run by his brother so i believe :laughing:

eddie doesnt own it anymore its owned by a company run by his brother so i believe

That’ll be William then.

The name of his company escapes me at the moment,but if I’m correct in saying,William also has other interests including construction.

Ken.

10 years ago when I started my second career you couldn’t drive more than 20 minutes without seeing a Stobart truck. More recently I have driven days without seeing one. They do seem to be getting a bit more prominent again nowadays though.

Does that mean the divorce is over ■■?

Eddie Stobart is now owned by W A Developments, which is run by William.

As of today the fleet strength is 789 trucks, about 18 months ago the fleet was down to 600 or so. Business must be good…

Calv

Has anyone seen Charlotte Rose? shes the only one missing from my spotters book. :wink:;):wink: :blush: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

What’s happened to Edward then (Eddie was the father, who never had anything to do with the haulage business), retired?
Salut, David,

It does seem odd that the changeover happened about the same time he was asked to repay £40 million back to the government…this was because the railhead that was on his land and paid for by the government wasnt used as promised…so he had to bear the total cost…serve him right really…and the less i see of stobart and his undercutting rates…the better…
have a nice day

Spardo:
What’s happened to Edward then (Eddie was the father, who never had anything to do with the haulage business), retired?
Salut, David,

Eddie was the father who was involved with transport but it was mainly centred around agriculture.

His sons were (are) Edward & William, although it was Edward who took an interest in the transport side of things and moved it forward to general haulage and then storage etc. William was hoping to follow a different path but ended up working for the company as well, albeit lower down the ‘pecking order’ than his brother.*

Edward decided to sell-up and ‘retire’ and William as part of another company bought Eddie Stobart Ltd. Williams partners are a Tiawan (I think) business man and an American. Thier company does have other interests.

• For my sins, I worked for Stobarts (part time) for over 2 years, first out of Woolfox depot and when that closed, Crick i.e. DIRFT. It was mostly William we saw doing the visits (miserable git) and it was funny to watch the ‘offfice crew’ turn into kiss-ar5es when he was around!! :stuck_out_tongue:

They have a reasonably large depot at DIRFT (J18 M1)

Has anyone seen Charlotte Rose? shes the only one missing from my spotters book.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Not something I’d admit to personally.

Ken.

I heard that it was not the railhead grant that caused a problem but more so the inevitable half share required by her in doors.

W A Developments have a large interest in railway work - civil engineering and plant hire of roadrail equipment. They went thru a phase of lots of new kit of the latest new fangled machines, no expense spared. Also heard they ran it safe and paid very well unlike haulage. Rumour is William took the Stobart company into his name to reduce the half share syndrom. :laughing:

Theres loads of them about.
You travel at your legal speed of 50mph along any duel carrigeway and they will soon come FLYING past on the limiter.

NOT a good advert for such a high profile company.

Tonyb on the limiter,? IMHO,on my limiter(91KMH) they will still come flying past me. they allways have done and cos of the name prob will allways get away with it, it seems the bigger and well known your firm the faster youre allowed to go, same for a lot of these truckfest final regulars with all the flash paint jobs.
personally i dont flash any of em in when they come past me on the flat at 95kmh plus. :imp:

Theyve allways come past me when im on my limiter(91kmh) and cos theyre “high profile” they prob allways will,and they will get away with it same as these other high profile truckfest finalists with the big paint jobs, thats prob how they afford it, everywhere at 95kmh plus, they prob get an extra job in during the week to pay for all the paint jobs, i refuse to flash em in, if they can drive everywhere a lot faster than the rest of us, their driving wont rely on us to flash em in, prob is with them muppets they are the ones who leave a gap off 500yds till they realise you arent gonna flash em in, then take offence cos you didnt.
I got no time for firms like that

They will be going even quicker now with Jezza :stuck_out_tongue: