eddie stobart

Kindle 530

I dont flash any more.only a truck doing 56-57 will get a flash.Thats if he,s not already cut me up. I just set the cruise to 50 on duel carrigeways and 54 on motorways.
But why does a fully freighted motor expect you to ease off (then you lose your momemtem) and let him in cos he’s got no hope of getting up the next hill.
And the ones that you let in down a slip road get up to the max and leave you out in the middle lane like a muppet

Is it just me■■?

Tony b.

tonyb:
Kindle 530

I dont flash any more.only a truck doing 56-57 will get a flash.Thats if he,s not already cut me up. I just set the cruise to 50 on duel carrigeways and 54 on motorways.
But why does a fully freighted motor expect you to ease off (then you lose your momemtem) and let him in cos he’s got no hope of getting up the next hill.
And the ones that you let in down a slip road get up to the max and leave you out in the middle lane like a muppet

Is it just me■■?

Tony b.

I dont allways do as you do but when i’m in that kind a mood i trog along a bit steadier. I’ve got to agree with you about the race past you and then lose momentum up the next hill merchants, but on the other hand there’s only so quick that a fully freighted HGV will go up a hill, and as anoying that it might be i just ease of rather than go past {well terminal speed depending} you never know when the boot will be on the other foot. :slight_smile:

tonyb:
But why does a … motor expect you to ease off

Because the Highway Code tells us so.

*I didn’t say wether I agree with it or not (before anyone jumps on my case!), it’s just a fact.

maybe eddie stobart is a member fo trucknet himself or if anyone knows him ask him to come on

Maybe Eddie is a member, but there are far worse drivers and companies on the road.

There are the companies who only provide 1 driver with a map so all the other company drivers have to sit 3 feet off his bumper all day

There are stupid drivers who use the weight of the truck to overtake down hill and then refuse to let anyone else past on the flat

There are companies who dont care about repairs and maintenance who employ drivers who dont care either.

There are also some good drivers around who will read the road and the conditions around them and adapt their driving to suit.

Which category are you?

wheel nut are you eddie himself
as to what catagory icome into i would like to think of myself as a considarate one and i have never said a bad word about eddie stobart just have a look at my first thread

wylie:
wheel nut are you eddie himself
as to what catagory icome into i would like to think of myself as a considarate one and i have never said a bad word about eddie stobart just have a look at my first thread

:smiley: No, im not Eddie, William or Edward :stuck_out_tongue:

I was just interested to see who would say they are in the last category. All the numpty HGV drivers maybe dont use TruckNet :smiley:

There are far worse companies was my only point. I was with a couple of Dutch drivers and they said they always wave to the Eddie drivers

marcustandy:
I worked for Stobarts (part time) for over 2 years, first out of Woolfox depot and when that closed, Crick i.e. DIRFT. :stuck_out_tongue:

(I also worked for Irlams for 1yr out of Grantham)

Irlams was worse than Stobarts for being always on your back and having you rush the job. During my time with Stobarts I never ‘rushed’ anywhere as such and the kit was always clean and the job easy and straight forward. I was never in a dodgy motor.

During my time at both companies I got no end of slagging and bad attitude of other drivers but it isn’t the guys behind the wheel that are doing the undercutting etc.

Right, i’ll put me tin hat on now and standby for incoming! :unamused:

maybe i am edward stobart and i am looking for gossip on the grapevine you never know

wylie:
maybe i am edward stobart and i am looking for gossip on the grapevine you never know

Thats possible,

During a weekday on here there are quite a few guests reading the posts, so you didnt need to register as Wylie

But maybe father wouldnt approve of calling his son Billy Stobart :stuck_out_tongue:

i bet edward himself has been on here .come on edward or william come out where ever you are

also have anyone every read the book on eddie stobart byhunter davies. i bet edward still goes out and drives the wagons himself and loves it makes him happy no presure and all that

wylie:
also have anyone every read the book on eddie stobart byhunter davies. i bet edward still goes out and drives the wagons himself and loves it makes him happy no presure and all that

Yes, interesting but I got a little tired reading about the self made man stuff. His Dad was in business and backed him at the bank. My Dad wasn’t and didn’t. In the 70s you couldn’t get credit like today and my brother and I had to earn with one rotbox just to buy another. Running to stand still.
The other thing that struck me is the fact that Hunter Davies is obviously not a transport man. ‘The tractor is the front bit’ springs to mind.
Finally, ties, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Salut, David.