Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers

switchlogic:
I have no feeling about Stobart either way but was thinking about them the other day. It’s swings and roundabouts, big companies come and go and it just happens to be Stobarts turn. BRS, TDG, Wincanton etc. Nothing is forever.

I agree, they will probably merge with someone like DHL and under a re branding drop the name Stobart. Yet I can’t see another haulier starting off with a few trucks and building up such a large and well known transport business, they will always be unique.

just to change tack slightly . . . anyone know what are Stobbies like to work for?

I’ve had an invite to an assesment for their ‘Ports’ division, as I currently do container work.

Thanks in advance.

georgeking:

switchlogic:
I have no feeling about Stobart either way but was thinking about them the other day. It’s swings and roundabouts, big companies come and go and it just happens to be Stobarts turn. BRS, TDG, Wincanton etc. Nothing is forever.

I agree, they will probably merge with someone like DHL and under a re branding drop the name Stobart. Yet I can’t see another haulier starting off with a few trucks and building up such a large and well known transport business, they will always be unique.

Indeed, that or they’ll lose a big contract, the management will wobble and things will sink into decline. For instance they’ve got a lot of eggs in that Tesco basket.

switchlogic:

georgeking:

switchlogic:

Indeed, that or they’ll lose a big contract, the management will wobble and things will sink into decline. For instance they’ve got a lot of eggs in that Tesco basket.

Probably a third of their fleet (600 vehicles out of 1800) is ■■■■■■■ with Tesco, even if they lost it they would still be bigger then everyone else, wouldn’t surprise me though if they lose interest in some of the smaller contracts. They are now controlled by City investors who would not think twice about replacing the management or selling out to a high bidder.

I think this thread will be as big the VDB when the program starts it will make some very interesting reading,i will be watching the first one but if it turns out to be a big Stobart/Tesco ad i will give the rest a miss.
I would like a program to show us in a good light but i won’t hold my breath.

First episode
a veteran long-distance lorry driver takes on a nightmare journey around London. A fuel tanker driver trains a brave new recruit, and a crane pilot attempts to unload a freight train in record time. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cg … t=1000&a=n

I will have to wait untill someone puts it on youtube. :frowning:

oatcake1967:
Internet Anagram Server : Anagrams for: eddie stobart

some good ones in there :smiley:

Lycanthrope:

oatcake1967:
Internet Anagram Server : Anagrams for: eddie stobart

some good ones in there :smiley:

Try daf trucks. :laughing:

oatcake1967:
Try daf trucks. :laughing:

They never buy them anymore for some reason.

redbob:
just to change tack slightly . . . anyone know what are Stobbies like to work for?

I’ve had an invite to an assesment for their ‘Ports’ division, as I currently do container work.

Thanks in advance.

Like anyone else mate.

I’m not sure of the rest of the country, but NW Stobarts Ports = O’connors - Widnes.

For your assessment, they like you to ‘use your air suspension’ when picking / dropping trailers.

Other than that, same as the rest mate.

redbob:

Thanks in advance.

at your interview get themto explain the wages fully, so you 100% understand it, i was just told id be better off on there contract ,gar 10 hrs on a sunday, not if you only do 6 hrs 15 mins its not.
not putting a dampener on it for you, just dont want you to end up bitter and twisted like me :wink: :laughing: :laughing: .
the money can be alright , but it can also be zb, £80 for a sunday shift :frowning: :frowning:

use a name:
can anyone explain why you would want to spot a stobart lorry?
they all look the same to me,whats the attraction,not slagging peeps who do it, just dont get it :confused:

Its just the great British anarok past time be it trains, planes, busses or even Stobby lorries.

No one remember the British man arrested and held in turkey on terrorism charges for plane spotting sitting outside the airport? The turkish authorities didnt believe he recorded all the planes he’s sees for a hobby :laughing:

Fileep:
Do you know if this is the programme where they followed the drivers for a while and even filmed their home lives? Female driver at Newark got filmed during a working day.

worth watching just to see fiona so im told :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ,what was said ion here a while ago, ALL STOBART DRIVERS ARE FAT, think it should of said FIT :wink: :wink: :wink:

pete904ni:
No one remember the British man arrested and held in turkey on terrorism charges for plane spotting sitting outside the airport? The turkish authorities didnt believe he recorded all the planes he’s sees for a hobby :laughing:

And the 14 arrested in Greece back in November 2001, they made a movie or a TV drama about them.

Doesn’t Tesco own 51% of Eddie Stobart? Didn’t Tesco own 51% of Corby Chilled and 51% of Innovate? What happened to them? Just a thought, I might have misread something somewhere…

Bob

I can see it being the biggest work of fiction since Harry potter to be honest!

jase:
I can see it being the biggest work of fiction since Harry potter to be honest!

Yep!! judging by the drivers “selected” for their “loyalty” and love for the “Brand” only my humble opinion of course :laughing:

Whats this programme actually called?

hammer:
Whats this programme actually called?

Home And Away.