Eddie Stobart Training

Advice please

Im thinking of a career change at 48 and taking my LGV. I noticed that Stobarts offer it for £2000 + vat… Does anyone know if they have a depot near Lincoln ■■ also do they take you on once you have passed.

Cheers MD

At £2000 + VAT they are more expensive than us.

I would suggest a good look round before you commit. There is work for newbies in your area so don’t limit yourself.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Pete

The £2000+vat does include class 1 and 2… didn’t think that was too bad…

Another in the same situation as you - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=105180

It’s not bad - but we are £1350 for CAT C and £1000 for CE (due to go up shortly but available if booked now). Extras are medical, theory and cpc if required. Those prices include VAT and test fee.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Where r u located Pete as I’m looking to do my c in the new year and located in kent

martincoupe:
Where r u located Pete as I’m looking to do my c in the new year and located in kent

click the link in Petes signature

• its state the location in the signature !

His school is in East Midlands.

But it’s worth the journey.

And the B&B was inclusive in the cost of the course.

Jings is that what it costs now I did mine back in 1977. Cost £90 including an assessment
Three days at the school and test on the Monday no charge for day of test free use of vehicle national carriers driving school Glasgow Ford D series 12 tonnes scammel coupling
A mans moter ■■■

I would honestly look elsewhere. I got my cat c, c+e and CPC plus all theory tests for under £1700. And there is no guarantee of employment once you pass either. I would shop around. Get your licenses cheaper elsewhere then apply to Stobarts after if that’s who you want to work for

Hi all. I am looking for a driver training course for inexperienced fellow like me. I want a career change at the age of 30 and looking for best recommendations from you all.

Mark_09:
Hi all. I am looking for a driver training course for inexperienced fellow like me. I want a career change at the age of 30 and looking for best recommendations from you all.

Why the link to that company which does not do LGV and is OZ :confused:

I am looking for a driver training course for inexperienced fellow like me. I want a career change at the age of 30 and looking for best recommendations from you all.

Easy enough if I knew where you were and if you’re prepared to travel.

Above all, stay away from the brokers. Always visit the trainer before booking. Don’t part with money until you’ve visited and satisfied yourself that all is good. The only exception is booking on rock solid recommendation.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

My C training was £1150 incluse of test fee and VAT.
C+E is £915 inclusive of test fee and VAT.

You can get 7hrs CPC on your C training.
And I’ve found a local place doing CPC for £58/day.

J_K:
My C training was £1150 incluse of test fee and VAT.
C+E is £915 inclusive of test fee and VAT.

You can get 7hrs CPC on your C training.
And I’ve found a local place doing CPC for £58/day.

Hi,
Where did you hear that completing C training gives 7 hrs CPC. I did my C in October last year and wasn’t offered this.
Cheers.

ROG:

Mark_09:

Because it’s spam Rog, posted from a US IP, but registered from a Aussie one :unamused:

You can get your safe and Eco friendly CPC while doing the C training. Because that’s what they’re teaching you. Cost me an extra £32 for the certificate.
It was offered to me and not the other guy as I passed my car test before 96.

Thanks for the info, I’ll get back to my training provider and see what they say.
Cheers.

Denis F:

ROG:

Mark_09:

Because it’s spam Rog, posted from a US IP, but registered from a Aussie one :unamused:

Take a good aim Denis, but don’t shoot until you can see the whites of his eyes. :laughing: :wink:

mikeys:
Cheers Pete

The £2000+vat does include class 1 and 2… didn’t think that was too bad…

I have just paid £1840 all in to obtain my cat C and CPC (and my initial cost of a medical £120) So in my eyes this is worth the money but then i was a tool and used a broker :unamused: . I’m looking at another £1,000 for my C+E, time to get down the back of the couch for the fortunes I have lost over the years :laughing: