Eddie Stobart Training

Danny_b:
I have just paid £1840 all in to obtain my cat C and CPC (and my initial cost of a medical £120) So in my eyes this is worth the money but then i was a tool and used a broker :unamused: .

Look at it like this. You paid £1000 for your license and £840 for the education. You won’t need educating again :grimacing:

To answer the OP’s original question, I don’t think Stobart have anything near Lincoln anymore. The closest would have been Newark and they closed that down.

I saw the same ad and it looks great.

C & C+E training with Stobart, and your foot’s already in the door for potential employment.

However, when I called Stobart, they said that the training package was in its infancy and wasn’t actually available (although was still advertised on web) - Nov 2013. Maybe this has changed now? I tried Widdowson too for same reason but got a similar response.

I gave it up as a sometime maybe never (much to my sons dismay) and trained with Pete Smythe in Mansfield.

I nearly got caught out by the glitze of the brokers… The attractive prices, the training turnaround times etc. Fundamentally you need experienced and effective trainers, so you pass and actually feel confident to drive commercially. I read the trucknet thread on training and also the dsa info re training. One firm kept cropping up, so I contacted them and booked the driving course . Make sure you know what you are getting before you part with your hard earned cash. It’s a lot of money whoever you train with so do some research.

I’d personally recommend Pete’s standard of training.

Just doing my C+E and loving every minute :smiley:

mikeys:
Advice please

Im thinking of a career change at 48 and taking my LGV. I noticed that Stobarts offer it for £2000 + vat… Does anyone know if they have a depot near Lincoln ■■ also do they take you on once you have passed.

Cheers MD

Don’t believe what you read below,the newark depot is still open ( or it was when I booked off Sunday morning at 2 a.m), according too bosses they have just renewed lease for 5 years on depot,it was a name change they did ,chilled - fresh,closed warehouse, but still runs doing tesco shop deliveries out of donny/ goole and direct loads from customers into tesco.
Can’t see you doing your training there though,we always did our CPC courses there but now have too do them at sherburn / Lutterworth,I think you would do your training out of widnes( training school there) a.f.a.i.a…
Newark is now basically parking for 20 trucks/ tris and that’s it.

dozy:

mikeys:
Advice please

Im thinking of a career change at 48 and taking my LGV. I noticed that Stobarts offer it for £2000 + vat… Does anyone know if they have a depot near Lincoln ■■ also do they take you on once you have passed.

Cheers MD

Don’t believe what you read below,the newark depot is still open ( or it was when I booked off Sunday morning at 2 a.m), according too bosses they have just renewed lease for 5 years on depot,it was a name change they did ,chilled - fresh,closed warehouse, but still runs doing tesco shop deliveries out of donny/ goole and direct loads from customers into tesco.
Can’t see you doing your training there though,we always did our CPC courses there but now have too do them at sherburn / Lutterworth,I think you would do your training out of widnes( training school there) a.f.a.i.a…
Newark is now basically parking for 20 trucks/ tris and that’s it.

Oh, right, I was under the impression it closed and a lot of the drivers got laid off a couple of years back.

Applied for this before Xmas! And just had a call yesterday asking me to attend an interview on Monday!

I went for this, got the interview and accepted on the course, however turned it down as there did not seem to be any structure to the training. I was after a course that flowed smoothly, however got told by them they could see me passing my c+e in September time after being interviewed at the beginning of April. Good thing from them was they stated if you wanted it to take longer they would work around you, i.e if had an existing job and was doing the course using leave. If not wanting to hopefully get done quicker would probably have gone with them. However for me it was the drive and for another three hundred pound I got my Hiab, adr and forklift qualifications. There was no guarantee of a job but of an interview, however am sure you would get the job no problem. They did dangle the golden carat of F1 work infront of me.

I would work for them if/when I pass C+E and do plan to apply to them.