Eddie Stobart Northern Ireland?

Saw a ESL unit and trailer in the stenna line docks in Belfast there today about about half 6… I’ve never EVER seen anything stobart here before apart from the rally car transporters, is he starting to deliver over here or has he done for years and ive never noticed?

i think he has taken over tdg in ireland as a way in. i see them all the time on the m62 always scanias topliners with tall tdg trailers on.

i think he has a place in docks , its for tesco could be wrong but see them a lot over there

often see them knocking about the nicholls filling station on westbank road

i have seen esl pulling tdgs Ireland trl over here that might be some thing to do with what or it might be one off the euro lads :question:

Stobart has indeed bought TDG Ireland,AND created quite a stir in the process.Lot of apprehensive hauliers/drivers this side of the pond. :frowning:

Eddie Stobart has been going to Irl since the 70s/ 80s, for those that can remember that far back (his Trucks did have the Irish flag on them.)

Think you`ll find that was the Italian flag :confused:

I see a Stobart trailer in/arond westbank road most days and actually saw a Eddie motor few weeks back also… Hes still quite small in Ireland compared to the UK and reckon e’d get squashed before getting bigger also spaces on the boat are tight and cant see the major players like Norfolkline, Morgan, Sawyers, Montgomerys etc giving up easy spaces… Maybe you’ll soon see Eddie Stobart ferries sailing the Irish Sea? :smiley:

also think i have seen a.f davison pulling stobart trailers from time to time. by the way scottishcruiser is there any way of telling you apart from other manfreights ?

Yeah I drive a Volvo but have a Scania jacket on :smiley:… Is the Davidson wagon the wee white Volvo?

scottishcruiser:
I see a Stobart trailer in/arond westbank road most days and actually saw a Eddie motor few weeks back also… Hes still quite small in Ireland compared to the UK and reckon e’d get squashed before getting bigger also spaces on the boat are tight and cant see the major players like Norfolkline, Morgan, Sawyers, Montgomerys etc giving up easy spaces… Maybe you’ll soon see Eddie Stobart ferries sailing the Irish Sea? :smiley:

Derek Sawyers a “major player” compared to Stobarts :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :laughing:

scottishcruiser:
Yeah I drive a Volvo but have a Scania jacket on :smiley:… Is the Davidson wagon the wee white Volvo?

usually daf cf ,like a metallic silver, A.f davison signwriting with i think blue stripes.they have a wee depot down behind norfolkline where there are trailers dropped. all those regular biggish users you mentioned could probably still keep the bookings on the boats but a lot of the smaller boys might get bumped back a bit though.always see a couple at least of stobarts parked up at the topaz garage in dublin also. by the way,seen sl04 and slo7 leaving belfast on easter tuesday,not you was it ?

No I was down the road over easter buddy, back in Ireland this week though… Yeah I know where you mean, its directly behind N/Line where I see the Stobart trailer… Like I said I bet it wont be long until you see a Steady Eddie boat.

there were a couple of ‘normal’ UK reg toplines solo in Topaz truckstop in Dublin at the weekend. I did see somewhere a cf or a fm, think it was plain blue, no stickers it just had stobart written on the door and ireland written underneath.
Also ive seen a few blue trucks of theirs (with the full livery, but in light blue and white) with Stobarts rail division or something similar written on the sides… ive spotted a couple of 7.5 ton tippers, and up nr carlisle in january a double drive fh pulling a low loader.

kindle530:
there were a couple of ‘normal’ UK reg toplines solo in Topaz truckstop in Dublin at the weekend. I did see somewhere a cf or a fm, think it was plain blue, no stickers it just had stobart written on the door and ireland written underneath.
Also ive seen a few blue trucks of theirs (with the full livery, but in light blue and white) with Stobarts rail division or something similar written on the sides… ive spotted a couple of 7.5 ton tippers, and up nr carlisle in january a double drive fh pulling a low loader.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

are you turning into a bit of a spotter then :laughing:

scottishcruiser:
I see a Stobart trailer in/arond westbank road most days and actually saw a Eddie motor few weeks back also… Hes still quite small in Ireland compared to the UK and reckon e’d get squashed before getting bigger

I don’t. A lot of stuff going to Ireland from the UK is stuff from companies he’s got his fingers into already. All he has to do is say he’s now doing Ireland and he’ll get that as well.

For example, a lot of the stuff going over to Ireland for Tesco was done with subbies. That won’t be the case anymore.

jessicas dad:

kindle530:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

are you turning into a bit of a spotter then :laughing:

Definatly not dad!!! i noticed the double drive volvo on a roundabout in ■■■■■■■ as i was going round, and one of the 7.5tonners was coming away from the train station in Diss where i live. I will stick to Trans-Am spotting mate… oh, look out my window, theres 17 there!!! i win!!!

Hey Conor thats true we reload Corby, Corby and Heywood J19 Ind Est and there both Stobarts but I reckon hed find it hard pressed gettign spaces on the boat unless they were sold out to him, maybe his next challenge or as said already maybe he’ll start his own ferry crossings? :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:
i think he has taken over tdg in ireland as a way in. i see them all the time on the m62 always scanias topliners with tall tdg trailers on.

ditto, apperently they r good to work 4 on the tdg work a driver told me the other day !