Eddie Stobart Licence Acquisition Course

Hi All,

Has anybody gone through or looked in to the offer with Eddie Stobart at the moment? They claim to have an all in training package for £2400 . Licence/CPC etc.

eddiestobart.com/careers/

I would assume its as comprehensive as anybody would need but not being an expert I’m not sure if there are additional costs etc. Anybody know any more about it?

They also state there could be opportunity for gaining work through them after the training too. Either way, do you think employers might show more favour to a brand new driver that has trained with someone as well known as ES?

Thanks again, Phil

Don’t be fooled into thinking it’s anything more than another money maker for ES,providing you pass first time you could do both class 2+1 for under 2k.

Also I don’t think a employer would see you any differently who you passed your test with.

As said no different to any other unless that includes your full cpc as well

It wont say who you trained with on your licence so how would an employer know who you trained / passed with :question:

ckm1981:
Don’t be fooled into thinking it’s anything more than another money maker for ES,providing you pass first time you could do both class 2+1 for under 2k.

Also I don’t think a employer would see you any differently who you passed your test with.

Really? Where have you seen Class 1 and 2 licence plus full CPC and all licence costs for under £2k? I haven’t come close to seeing anything that cheap.

Phil1979:

ckm1981:

Really? Where have you seen Class 1 and 2 licence plus full CPC and all licence costs for under £2k? I haven’t come close to seeing anything that cheap.

Class 2-£800
Class 1-£800
Cpc-£400
=2k

ckm1981:

Phil1979:

ckm1981:

Class 2-£800
Class 1-£800
Cpc-£400
=2k

Cost me about £250 for cpc

Could give LGVtrainer ( John at Flair training or Peter Smyth both on here ) a pm & ask

flairtraining.co.uk/courseoptions0313.htm

If you scroll down on the link it will give you some prices HTH

truckdrivertraining.co.uk/courses/

Another to look at

Phil1979:

ckm1981:

Hi,

ELGV Manchester

16 hour C + 16 hour C+E + Initial CPC = £1799 if you buy it as a package.
Starter pack which includes medical and assessment = £119
Total: £1918

Enterprise LGV Tuition Ltd.
Tel: 0161 273 4353
Freephone: 0800 1 693 693
elgv.com/

Hope that helps

Markk80:

Phil1979:

ckm1981:

Hi,

ELGV Manchester

elgv.com/

Hope that helps

Thanks very much mte. Was struggling to find anything under £2k in North West. Seems ES are not charging a “Special Offer” after all?!?!

Phil1979:

Markk80:

Phil1979:

ckm1981:

Hi,

ELGV Manchester

elgv.com/

Hope that helps

Thanks very much mte. Was struggling to find anything under £2k in North West. Seems ES are not charging a “Special Offer” after all?!?!

No problem,

Forgot to mention the starter pack also includes your study material and fees for theory and hazard perception test.

I cant find training for less than £2700 around the south wales area. Perhaps I need to shop around more.

What a mammoth mistake to make price the 1st consideration!

There are vast differences between offerings and the prudent buyer will look carefully at these before buying on price.

I don’t consider that we’re expensive for what we offer. But put our prices against many and we seem that way.

The home page on our website gives some suggested questions to ask. Could be worth a try before loosing a lot of money buying cheap.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Are there training providers that would train you on weekends? At the moment I`m still working as a carpenter and any training I do seems to be only on weekdays which would mean losing a weeks pay for each week of training.

Yes. We will if you ask very nicely!

Having looked at the apparently very low prices from Enterprise, there is no mention on the website as to whether the training is 2:1 or 1:1. If, as I suspect, the training is 2:1, that accounts for the prices being around half the normal rate as 2 people are paying. That is a respected method of training, though not my preference. It’s so difficult for potential candidates to compare when the offerings are nothing remotely like for like.

kg1979:
Are there training providers that would train you on weekends? At the moment I`m still working as a carpenter and any training I do seems to be only on weekdays which would mean losing a weeks pay for each week of training.

Many do but also charge more for weekends.
I did mine Friday, Saturday, Sunday and test on Monday. No extra cost for the weekend.

Peter Smythe:
Yes. We will if you ask very nicely!

Having looked at the apparently very low prices from Enterprise, there is no mention on the website as to whether the training is 2:1 or 1:1. If, as I suspect, the training is 2:1, that accounts for the prices being around half the normal rate as 2 people are paying. That is a respected method of training, though not my preference. It’s so difficult for potential candidates to compare when the offerings are nothing remotely like for like.

I can only say about my training and it was 1:1.

We don’t charge extra for weekends.

Peter Smythe:
We don’t charge extra for weekends.

Pity I didn`t live closer to you. Could have give you a call for my training.

Do it residential over a weekend - no problem.