Eddie Stobart Advert

In your favourite paper :smiley: anybody interested?
jobs.thesun.co.uk/Jobs/315832/We … mpers.html

Thanks but i’m washing my hair . . .

Great job, never get a weekend off. Tossers.

Seems like you keep your own truck though and not have any Tomasz, Richard Cranium or Barry driving it :laughing:

I haven’t got any hope this year though.

I was parked in Crick 1 night,in my LHD volvo surrounded by Scanias.
An agency guy knocked on my door and said…I need your unit for a job,the office have sent me to find a truck and I want this one.

So I explained to him that not only was it LHD but it was also a low ride unit for mega trailers and I was also on a night out.

As he stomped off in his size 10 sads moaning he was going to report me in the office,
(for what im not sure) I wished him good luck.

good im glad they are struggling to find drivers…

it seems drivers aren’t so eager to give up their weekends to drive for them as they think.

cheered me up no end that has. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

Sounds no bad if you ask me :stuck_out_tongue:

oatcake1967:
An agency guy knocked on my door and said…I need your unit for a job,the office have sent me to find a truck and I want this one.

So I explained to him that not only was it LHD but it was also a low ride unit for mega trailers and I was also on a night out.

As he stomped off in his size 10 sads moaning he was going to report me in the office,

I may have lent him it and sat sniggering from the corner as he tried to couple it up then kicked the crap out of him for being so thick :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

oatcake1967:

I may have lent him it and sat sniggering from the corner as he tried to couple it up then kicked the crap out of him for being so thick :laughing:

I did have to use a lot of will power so that I didnt come across as a stuck up Stobart driver,
but I bet when he tells the story, I probably dont get off as lightly .

high spec trucks-with window winders :confused: 380 g-cabs :confused: ,some trucks may be high spec but certainly not all

jessicas dad:
good im glad they are struggling to find drivers…

it seems drivers aren’t so eager to give up their weekends to drive for them as they think.

cheered me up no end that has. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

think youll find its more to do with money j.d than shifts,as far as im aware a new starter stays on the old pay rate for a year before he gets new rate,id guess in certain areas telling a driver his pay rate is £7.20 p.h puts off a fair few straight away.
i was told other day at one depot agency were £ 13.00 p.h , if that is true id guess youd struggle to recruit ,i know a fair few of mates were intrested in job until mention of £7.20 p.h came,99.5% seemed to prefer shelf stacking. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

How can it be 35k-40k on £7.20 an hour basic? All the meal vouchers in the world wouldnt make that amount up. Do trampers get a different basic to everyone else or are they including night out money in that salary.

merc0447:
How can it be 35k-40k on £7.20 an hour basic? All the meal vouchers in the world wouldnt make that amount up. Do trampers get a different basic to everyone else or are they including night out money in that salary.

The pay rates are mopped out of their head,
£7.20 is a boggo weekday day rate, there are variances for nights and I think weekends too with weekend nights being more again, add that your meal allowance, shift allowance, attendance allowance, darts team allowance etc the rate obviously goes up,
I will drop an Eddie PA mate of mine a mail and see if she can send me the full pay scale.

I understand I’m probably asking a silly question but why don’t people like eddie stobart drivers? I’m not being funny or owt just a genreral question :blush:

Whilst I’m here does anyone know if the truckers rest in Cannock accepts card payments? Gonna head there from warick services after me break! Thanks in advance for any replys!!

I’m bored on me break so I’ve just rang the number on the ad and asked a few questions, the pay for the weekend tramping job advertised was correct there is no trail period on lower pay, he said that on average a tramper doing a 60 hr week will take home about 38500 a year, providing you stick to some driving standards fuel saving what not which is worth 17 quid,a hour a week a year I don’t know, suppose I should have asked :blush: £20.50 a night out with 13 quid meal allowance. He also said the 40 k you could earn if you worked overtime like your rest days and what not, you do get your own motor how highly spec’d he didn’t say which is your own…until you go on a 2 week holiday to Spain (i take it stobarts tell you where to go on holiday too) and when you go away you nominate a driver to drive your motor and only he/she/it will drive it! Hope this helps anyone or at least makes somone laugh!!!

dukeofdirt:
I understand I’m probably asking a silly question but why don’t people like eddie stobart drivers? I’m not being funny or owt just a genreral question :blush:

Whilst I’m here does anyone know if the truckers rest in Cannock accepts card payments? Gonna head there from warick services after me break! Thanks in advance for any replys!!

It might be that Eddie used to only give 14 days holidays when virtually everybody else was getting at least 20, thankfully the law changed and Eddie was FORCED to step into line.

dukeofdirt:
I’m bored on me break so I’ve just rang the number on the ad and asked a few questions, the pay for the weekend tramping job advertised was correct there is no trail period on lower pay, he said that on average a tramper doing a 60 hr week will take home about 38500 a year, providing you stick to some driving standards fuel saving what not which is worth 17 quid,a hour a week a year I don’t know, suppose I should have asked :blush: £20.50 a night out with 13 quid meal allowance. He also said the 40 k you could earn if you worked overtime like your rest days and what not, you do get your own motor how highly spec’d he didn’t say which is your own…until you go on a 2 week holiday to Spain (i take it stobarts tell you where to go on holiday too) and when you go away you nominate a driver to drive your motor and only he/she/it will drive it! Hope this helps anyone or at least makes somone laugh!!!

well thats strange then because on our board it says you wont get new pay rate for year + our new drivers are moaning because there not getting new pay rate,unless there now forgoing that because they cant get drivers,ill let our new drivers have a copy of your post

44 Tonne Ton:
Great job, never get a weekend off. Tossers.

Ive not had a weekend off for nearly 2 monthes now, suits me to the ground tbh

Duke of dirt, yes Truckers Rest does take cards.

dukeofdirt:

take home 38500 for a 60 hr week :question: ,makes you woner why they need to advertise for drivers,let alone pay to put it in national paper :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: