Economic migrants in UK

Franglais:

Narc:

robroy:

Narc:
Anyhoo back on thread back on track.
youtu.be/UKDIIQlj5h4

None of the political parties are going to stop the influx while we have civil servants who are made up of many recent immigrants themselves. We have heard this WE WILL STOP THE BOATS before every election as far back as the early 2000’s , Tony Blair blew our borders years ago and sadly they will never stop the influx due to the human rights lawyers creaming it off! The human rights bill? sets out the legality of one person getting here,can then request his entire family are allowed to follow them! This has to end first!!!I suspect the truth is it will never stop and has been going on quietly way back from the early 1950’s.

I don’t know this guy and have not really read into his posts after some of the drivel he posts,but I suspect Franglais is an immigrant himself.

And so
What of this Gov`s choise to drop the agreement we used to have to send illegals straight back to Europe?
What of the thousands of illegal migrants deported under the last Labour gov, compared to the less than one thousand last year?
What of the years it now takes to process an asylum application when it used to take months?

It’s ‘ALL’ about the money is it not? They take years to process while supporting the human rights lawyers who are all in it together with the political class.

All we can do is go over and over this like the boring brexit thread, nothing will ever change until people start taking notice, sadly most people have given up on politics and this how that has effected the current shower of turd, that is Just my opinion.

Look at the end of the day we are truck drivers blowing off on a forum, don’t take it to heart or think we can change anything while falling out and taking sides.

All the best

Narc:
I suspect Franglais is an immigrant himself.

And as has already been pointed out elsewhere I an`t really a lorry driver.

So, in the interest of full disclosure:
Im a gynaecologist, Im Jewish and from Ethiopia… My mother is a Roman Catholic and Ive been in prison in South Africa. Im as black as the ace of spades ans I drink my own pee.

Happy now?
Does that make any difference at all to the times the Gov are taking to process applicants?
Does that stop the waste of money in feeding illegals when they could be deported (if we still had an agreement) sooner?
And allowing genuine asylum seekers out of limbo sooner to earn an honest living?

Franglais:

robroy:
Ffs! man TEN years ago??
Seriously??

Actually the bad joke you posted about (the note in the desk) was about 13 years ago.
So you do hold a grudge for a long time don`t you?

robroy:
I liken political parties in a simple chippy analogy, …just because they made good fish and chips 10 20 years ago, I don’t continue when a new owner rocks up and makes crap fish and chips…

Say the guy who brought up Brown and the gold from over twenty years ago. And got it pretty much wrong.

robroy:
So please stop Tory knocking to me…I don’t GAF ok?

robroy:
And finally do you actually believe that Starmer despite all his bluster.WOULD actually do any better than this lot?

Well, since you asked, I replied. I followed up your points.
It got us to here, where you have decided that you don`t like my answers.
Nothing to say about the topic you brought up? And so you start blustering about all sorts of stuff about how I look in your imagination?

‘‘Hold a grudge’’?
You never cease to both amaze me and amuse me on here mate…pleeeease keep it up. :laughing:

Narc:
Look at the end of the day we are truck drivers blowing off on a forum.

How very dare you !!
,.I’ve seen the Doctor about that and changed my diet, so I don’t suffer from that problem any longer thank you very much. :smiley:

LOL

So the Euroland boss hypocrites have now predictably renaged on the £500 mil ‘deal’ with France just as Scamron knew and intended.
While if we had a decent government its answer would be that anyone landing here illegally via Euroland, won’t be viewed as seeking asylum and not eligible for any ‘asylum’ benefits including the hotel or house bill.

Carryfast:
So the Euroland boss hypocrites have now predictably renaged on the £500 mil ‘deal’ with France just as Scamron knew and intended.
While if we had a decent government its answer would be that anyone landing here illegally via Euroland, won’t be viewed as seeking asylum and not eligible for any ‘asylum’ benefits including the hotel or house bill.

I really should fear to tread here, and not rush in, but

What?
Who has reneged on what?

A few years ago we did have the Dublin agreement whereby we could easily return illegal migrants to EU countries.
Johnson gave that away in Brexit.

Caroline Lucas spoke during the Illegal Migration Speech about one of her constituents.
He was evacuated during the retreat from Kabul. Because of the shameful political chaos (ministers staying away on holiday, dogs being airlifted as people left behind) his family were not evacuated. The wife and kids are now in Turkey.
They have been stuck there for 18months. Unsurprisingly they left Afghanistan with very little, very quickly.
The “safe and legal route” from Afghanistan has brought zero people here this year.
The family are even considering getting on a rubber boat.
You don`t have to watch it all ! 6;55;20
youtube.com/watch?v=vsyFo-83mAQ&t=15156s

youtu.be/2qzry1Lx99I

youtu.be/hEq-TUx1X_g

One year on…
Migrants sent to Rwanda…Zero.
Deterrent effect…Zero.
Money given to Rwanda…£120,000,000

Migrants processing time is often now measured in years rather than the months previously.
In the past we have had as many arriving irregularly as we do today, but they were processed quickly, so they weren`t stored for months in hotels etc.
They were either send back to EU land (as we could before Brexit) or they were allowed to stay, and earn money, and pay taxes.
Whatever happened to them, it was done quickly, so no need for extra housing.

The problems we have today are not caused by numbers we haven`t had before. They are caused by the political choices made more recently.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

What?
Who has reneged on what?

A few years ago we did have the Dublin agreement whereby we could easily return illegal migrants to EU countries.

Caroline Lucas spoke during the Illegal Migration Speech about one of her constituents.
He was evacuated during the retreat from Kabul. Because of the shameful political chaos (ministers staying away on holiday, dogs being airlifted as people left behind) his family were not evacuated. The wife and kids are now in Turkey.
They have been stuck there for 18months. Unsurprisingly they left Afghanistan with very little, very quickly.
The “safe and legal route” from Afghanistan has brought zero people here this year.

Just looking up the figures on the Dublin agreement , 2018 the inflow to the uk was x8 the outflow under the Dublin agreement .

dozy:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

What?
Who has reneged on what?

Just looking up the figures on the Dublin agreement , 2018 the inflow to the uk was x8 the outflow under the Dublin agreement .

Well, yes.
Then as now most asylum seekers are granted asylum.
Most are genuine refugees.

There is a lot of over dramatised videos about the vast sums of freebies given to migrants, but mostly that isn`t true.
Most who arrive here are granted asylum by the UK Gov…Eventually… after they are housed and fed by us, because it is illegal for them to work here, until their case is heard.

And what is the “outflow” now compared to 2018?
gov.uk/government/statistic … r-returned

This issue will currently never be resolved, because those paid to deal with it directly are earning serious salaries, therefore if they fix the issue, they won’t be required anymore.

Like if you were paid 250k a year to try and resolve the crap state of services for HGV drivers, would you look to resolve it, or just keep it at a level of acceptance by drivers but still terrible? Because once resolved, would they pay you such a high wage for just managing it, they wouldn’t, so what sense would it make for you to resolve it… ethics would say you should and a hope a new position offered for a job well done, but a risk you might not, and end up worse off.

Just a thought using logic and todays attitude in many in these positions…not the politicians, but those doing the actual ground work as such.

Want it resolved, find new troubleshooters with fixed term contracts, based on heavy bonus for success and serious penalty for failure…and limited time scales.

Politicians are just the mouth pice, their not actually doing the work, just presenting the situations, and result and ideas.

double post.

TonkaBoy:
This issue will currently never be resolved, because those paid to deal with it directly are earning serious salaries, therefore if they fix the issue, they won’t be required anymore.

Like if you were paid 250k a year to try and resolve the crap state of services for HGV drivers, would you look to resolve it, or just keep it at a level of acceptance by drivers but still terrible? Because once resolved, would they pay you such a high wage for just managing it, they wouldn’t, so what sense would it make for you to resolve it… ethics would say you should and a hope a new position offered for a job well done, but a risk you might not, and end up worse off.

Just a thought using logic and todays attitude in many in these positions…not the politicians, but those doing the actual ground work as such.

Want it resolved, find new troubleshooters with fixed term contracts, based on heavy bonus for success and serious penalty for failure…and limited time scales.

Politicians are just the mouth pice, their not actually doing the work, just presenting the situations, and result and ideas.

Queues in the NHS?
Dont spend more on extra staff, just cut the pay of those already there so they sort it out quicker and go home earlier. Thatll work.

Guess that is the way to fix transport too. Short term contracts and pay by the load. Nowt can go wrong there. Driver pays a fine if late. Youd go for a job like wouldnt you?

“Politicians are just the mouthpiece”?
Some are indeed the mouthpieces for businesses, rather than their constituents, but Ministers do have a say on dept budgets you know.

Hope they dont resolve this too quickly, as the way things are going, next years holiday, is grab one of their dingies, take it back out far enough, then just hit dover head on, and cross fingers we get a hotel in Cornwall :smiley: dont think their using ones there though are they ?, as certain people have their second homes there.

Franglais:

TonkaBoy:

Queues in the NHS?
Dont spend more on extra staff, just cut the pay of those already there so they sort it out quicker and go home earlier. Thatll work.

Guess that is the way to fix transport too. Short term contracts and pay by the load. Nowt can go wrong there. Driver pays a fine if late. Youd go for a job like wouldnt you?

Some are indeed the mouthpieces for businesses, rather than their constituents, but Ministers do have a say on dept budgets you know.

must of worded things worng, wasnt on about NHS, was only on about those working on the migrant crisis out of sight, Civil service and their EXTERNAL consultants…

Transport part was just a metaphor and how a business would actually look to resolve the real issue … because its the processing causing the build up, so they need to address it more than finding places to house until processed, and seeing nothing splashed across media over this part but just costs for accomodation and gasslighting everyone, They need to actaully tackle the cause not the symtom of so much accomodation required, which is actually due to processing, same as routes into England for those with a genuine cause, if they set it up correctly again would expect it help reduce the rubber boat brigade.

Budget levels yes they will have their say for what its worth… I expect the Civil Service listen… but thats just out of courtesy lol…
maybe Im just going off the old program “Yes Prime Minister” lol…good comedy in the day, just a pity more truth in it than should be…

TonkaBoy:

Franglais:

TonkaBoy:

Queues in the NHS?

must of worded things worng, wasnt on about NHS, was only on about those working on the migrant crisis out of sight, Civil service and their EXTERNAL consultants…

Transport part was just a metaphor and how a business would actually look to resolve the real issue … because its the processing causing the build up, so they need to address it more than finding places to house until processed, and seeing nothing splashed across media over this part but just costs for accomodation and gasslighting everyone, They need to actaully tackle the cause not the symtom of so much accomodation required, which is actually due to processing, same as routes into England for those with a genuine cause, if they set it up correctly again would expect it help reduce the rubber boat brigade.

Budget levels yes they will have their say for what its worth… I expect the Civil Service listen… but thats just out of courtesy lol…
maybe Im just going off the old program “Yes Prime Minister” lol…good comedy in the day, just a pity more truth in it than should be…

TonkaBoy:

Franglais:

TonkaBoy:

Queues in the NHS?

“Yes, Minister” and also “The Thick Of It”/“In The Loop” were all great! :smiley:

We seem to agree that spending a bit more effort in allowing genuine cases a safer route in, and processing all claims quicker will save money overall in less spent on support and housing for those claimants held in suspension.
As you say treat the initial problem, not a later symptom of it.

Assuming that performance linked private contractors deliver better/cheaper results is simply not supported by the evidence.
Certain examples when it is better can be found of course, but as a general rule it doesn`t hold water.

The lefty Labour guy who seems to live in Cloudcuckooland and denies important issues concening all this as ‘myths’ is hardly a good advert for his Party to get into power. :unamused:
Most are genuine refugees and not making for the countries with incentives eh?..Aye right.

Just look at those clips btw, not many women and kids among all the young guys walking up the beach.
Also heard that in Wales they are now funding failed ‘‘asylum seekers’’ to stay in the country…maybe not be even accurate I can not find the clip , but I won’t hold my breath to hear it is b/s.
A good way to recruit future voters perhaps?

youtu.be/kWGJW3dSJ7c

Did anyone see the clip of the MP grilling the Albanian Ambassador at some inquiry? He was asking the Ambassador why so many of his countrymen were paying vast amounts to people smugglers to bring them here when they could quite legally get a flight here for under £40.

He then suggested to the Ambassador that perhaps it was because if they flew in legally they would be in possession of their documents whereas on a dinghy they could claim to be from any warn torn country of their choosing.

robroy:
The lefty Labour guy who seems to live in Cloudcuckooland and denies important issues concening all this as ‘myths’ is hardly a good advert for his Party to get into power. :unamused:
Most are genuine refugees and not making for the countries with incentives eh?..Aye right.

Just look at those clips btw, not many women and kids among all the young guys walking up the beach.
Also heard that in Wales they are now funding failed ‘‘asylum seekers’’ to stay in the country…maybe not be even accurate I can not find the clip , but I won’t hold my breath to hear it is b/s.
A good way to recruit future voters perhaps?

youtu.be/kWGJW3dSJ7c

Just watched PMQ’s youtube, and this was brought something to do with Wales funding and ‘‘asylum seekers’’, :unamused: however cat was on window telling its new neigbours once I let her out, shes gonna ■■ em up… ragdoll with an attitude :smiley:, and missed what was said, might go back and listen now.

Also though watching, so many of the ministers in background on mobiles, grinds me seeing it, as if they were in a buiness and wipped out their mobile during a board meeting, Im sure they’d be soon ejected from the meetings, or is this the normal now… thought it was just kids and classrooms… or stupid drivers whilst driving, and at least they get sacked, not trying to start off the camera debate lol … plenty of other threads on it already…