Economic migrants in UK

Albanians need a visa to visit the UK. 118 euros for 6 months, and of course to get that visa they need to have reason, such as business or study and need to show funds to support themselves. Any MP talking about just a 40 quid ticket seems to be wrong.
visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/a … iple-entry

The Home Office says that of Albanians successfully seeking asylum 14% are male and 86% are women

Most asylum seekers dont come to the UK. More stop in Germany or France than ever come here. If any choose to come here I guess they have their reasons. I wouldnt get into a small boat in cold waters on a whim. I wouldnt risk my childs life for nowt.
I doubt anyone does that for a small reason, and “an easy life”.

Another '‘poor refugee’ outed, how many more have got through the net and are living among decent people.
Apparently the poor (r) soul needs help with his depression, NHS help,.paid for by me and you…

It took me 6 months to get physio on damage to my arm caused by working all my life, helping me to pay into the system, my wife has an ongoing medical issue,she can not get past the ■■■■ receptionist.
Refugees my ■■■■ arse :imp:
Human trash and dregs like him should be sent back immediately not put up in a hotel ffs.
thesun.co.uk/news/22135621/ … bar_native

robroy:
It took me 6 months to get physio on damage to my arm caused by working all my life, helping me to pay into the system, my wife has an ongoing medical issue,she can not get past the [zb] receptionist

What? Are all those “fit young men of fighting age” jamming up the system? :smiley:

There were fewer than 100,000 refugees applications last year
The UK currently has about 3 Drs per 1,000 people. Already poorer than most other developed coiuntries. so those refugees would need about 33 Drs. (Maybe less if all fit young men, but we`ll ignore that)
And that is Drs the NHS will fund. Not necessarily the number needed for a good service.

There is a shortfall of about 46,300 Drs to put us equal to the OECD average rate.

Over Forty-Six Thousand shortfall.
Under Four Hundred needed for refugees.

bma.org.uk/advice-and-suppo … a-analysis

Get the applicants sorted out quicker, as we once did.
Either they stay and work and pay into the system, after all they are all “fit young men”. Or they get deported, still possible although Brexit and the lack of the Dublin agreement makes that harder.
Don`t keep them hanging around for months or years.

To add.
If there were zero refugees, then the difference it would make to the NHS underfunding and your poor service, would be practically zero.

Franglais:

robroy:
It took me 6 months to get physio on damage to my arm caused by working all my life, helping me to pay into the system, my wife has an ongoing medical issue,she can not get past the [zb] receptionist

What? Are all those “fit young men of fighting age” jamming up the system? :smiley:

There were fewer than 100,000 refugees applications last year
The UK currently has about 3 Drs per 1,000 people. Already poorer than most other developed coiuntries. so those refugees would need about 33 Drs. (Maybe less if all fit young men, but we`ll ignore that)
And that is Drs the NHS will fund. Not necessarily the number needed for a good service.

There is a shortfall of about 46,300 Drs to put us equal to the OECD average rate.

Over Forty-Six Thousand shortfall.
Under Four Hundred needed for refugees.

bma.org.uk/advice-and-suppo … a-analysis

Get the applicants sorted out quicker, as we once did.
Either they stay and work and pay into the system, after all they are all “fit young men”. Or they get deported, still possible although Brexit and the lack of the Dublin agreement makes that harder.
Don`t keep them hanging around for months or years.

To add.
If there were zero refugees, then the difference it would make to the NHS underfunding and your poor service, would be practically zero.

Look mate just you keep doing the researches and quoting the official version of events you are told. and your statistics…Who knows (cares) they may even be accurate.

Me?.., and I’m sure we’ve been here before on this during the Covid fiasco,.I prefer to make my own judgements on what I see and hear around me first hand.

My home city is inundated with these ■■■■ s,.we have had a strong increase in crime, rapes, reported attempted child abductions, the lot, not saying they are all rapists and child molesters, , but it’s the.the kind of thing where 1 is 1 too many. :bulb:

I took my wife to a medical centre yesterday which is directly adjacent to one of their hotels, it was like downtown Khartoum mixed with Arab tourists :unamused:, don’t chuck the race/colour card at me either,.I’d feel the same way if we were flooded with White Norwegian scroungers. :smiley:

As for the topic on NHS availabilities…,.I was having a conversation with a mate the other day, his local surgery/health centre has been used by his family for generations, and for him since he was a kid.
Anytime he does manage to actually blag a visit,.(.‘blag’, because it is never as before straight forward) the.waiting room is 3 parts full of these young guys that you appear to refute are the majority.

The receptionist is a friend of his .she told him off the record that it might be in his interests to find a new GP in the town…I’ll leave the reason for you to guess, but how is that right?

So as I say mate, keep following the old official line chestnut,.while I use my own eyes and ears,.and no doubt you will come back with more ‘‘proof’’ that I am in fact talking through my arse.
While you are doing your hunt for links,.check out …is it White Rose? on you tube.
A group of concerned people who travel the length and breadth of the UK, to show just how much of a problem this is around every major city,.and large towns.
You say process them faster,.no doubt because it suits your usual anti Conservative govt agenda.
I say just don’t let them in in the first place by deincentivsing the attraction to this relatively small island,.and concentrate on looking after the indigenous population who have contributed to the system, not a load of free loaders who are just out for what they can get.
Racism? No.
Realism? Most definitely.

robroy:
Look mate just you keep doing the researches and quoting the official version of events you are told. and your statistics…Who knows (cares) they may even be accurate.

Me?.., and I’m sure we’ve been here before on this during the Covid fiasco,.I prefer to make my own judgements on what I see and hear around me first hand.

You don`t care what the facts are?
That much is obvious.

You`re the one continually repeating the crap from the gov. and their media supporters.
Blaming thousands of recent migrants for the many years of under investment in housing, health, and schools.
Offering a simple scapegoat to deflect your attention from themselves.

You don`t understand why it is better to have them processed quickly?
Or you want to believe that the complex problems we have can all be laid at the door of these migrants.
That is exactly what the official line is!

The gov used to blame the EU for all our problems. Well, we`re out and we are doing worse than any other developed economy.
We have far fewer refugees than other EU countries, but we are told all our problems are due to them.
Put that together> fewer migrants > bigger problems.

Nope, you aren`t much of one for facts are you.

robroy:

My home city is inundated with these [zb] s,.we have had a strong increase in crime, rapes, reported attempted child abductions, the lot, not saying they are all rapists and child molesters, , but it’s the.the kind of thing where 1 is 1 too many. :bulb:

I took my wife to a medical centre yesterday which is directly adjacent to one of their hotels, it was like downtown Khartoum mixed with Arab tourists :unamused:, don’t chuck the race/colour card at me either,.I’d feel the same way if we were flooded with White Norwegian scroungers. :smiley:

As for the topic on NHS availabilities…,.I was having a conversation with a mate the other day, his local surgery/health centre has been used by his family for generations, and for him since he was a kid.
Anytime he does manage to actually blag a visit,.(.‘blag’, because it is never as before straight forward) the.waiting room is 3 parts full of these young guys that you appear to refute are the majority.

The receptionist is a friend of his .she told him off the record that it might be in his interests to find a new GP in the town…I’ll leave the reason for you to guess, but how is that right?

So as I say mate, keep following the old official line chestnut,.while I use my own eyes and ears,.and no doubt you will come back with more ‘‘proof’’ that I am in fact talking through my arse.
While you are doing your hunt for links,.check out …is it White Rose? on you tube.
A group of concerned people who travel the length and breadth of the UK, to show just how much of a problem this is around every major city,.and large towns.
You say process them faster,.no doubt because it suits your usual anti Conservative govt agenda.
I say just don’t let them in in the first place by deincentivsing the attraction to this relatively small island,.and concentrate on looking after the indigenous population who have contributed to the system, not a load of free loaders who are just out for what they can get.
Racism? No.

Absolutely spot on mate with all of this. I was about to reply to Franglais naïve and delusional post above but you have pretty much summed up in a quite similar manner to what I was going to put and what a lot of us can actually see.

tmcassett:
Absolutely spot on mate with all of this. I was about to reply to Franglais naïve and delusional post above but you have pretty much summed up in a quite similar manner to what I was going to put and what a lot of us can actually see

Maybe I am being naive in believing what the BMA says, or the ONS says, rather than wot the Sun sez, or a politician tells us is the truth…
:smiley:

Franglais:

tmcassett:
Absolutely spot on mate with all of this. I was about to reply to Franglais naïve and delusional post above but you have pretty much summed up in a quite similar manner to what I was going to put and what a lot of us can actually see

Maybe I am being naive in believing what the BMA says, or the ONS says, rather than wot the Sun sez, or a politician tells us is the truth…

I don’t read the Sun, in fact I don’t read any papers. They are all biased towards their own agenda. I prefer to form my own opinions based on what I see and hear myself. But thanks for furthering the stereotype that anyone of us who goes against your usual lefty views is a typical thicko with your “sez” comment above. :unamused:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

I don’t give a ■■■■ what the BMA, the ONS, the ABC, or the XY ■■■■ Z say.
Like I said I base my opinions on what I see and hear first hand.
You keep believing the ‘damage limitation positive spin’ that is fed to you, and then blame the Tories and Brexit for every ■■■■ thing.at every opportunity.
in other words …crack on as usual. :unamused:

As for me ‘‘carrying on believing’’,which part of basing my opinions by believing my own eyes ears and situation in my home city do you not get exactly.■■?

tmcassett:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

I don’t read the sun, in fact I don’t read any papers. They are all biased towards their own agenda. I prefer to form my own opinions based on what I see and hear myself. But thanks for furthering the stereotype that anyone of us who goes against your usual lefty views is a typical thicko with your “sez” comment above. :unamused:

More straw men?
RobRoy quoted the Sun above. The Sun has reputation for clever headlines such as "its the Sun wot won it". And a reputation for being a lying I dont think all who oppose my point of view are thick, that is why I am here talking to some of them!
But please, feel to be as upset and offended as you like.

And I agree that many/most media outlets have a bias. I didn`t favourably mention any did I? Those I do read tend to supply sources not merely “someone told us”.
I certainly did mention the BMA and the ONS.
And I reckon they know a lot more than any individual can possibly see with their own eyes.

robroy:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

I don’t give a [zb] what the BMA, the ONS, the ABC, or the XY [zb] Z say.
You keep believing the ‘damage limitation positive spin’ that is fed to you, and then blame the Tories and Brexit for every [zb] thing.at every opportunity.

As for me ‘‘carrying on believing’’,which part of basing my opinions by believing my own eyes ears and situation in my home city do you not get exactly.■■?

Apologies.
I though that piece in The Sun that you linked was from an anonymous source.
I didn`t realise that you had seen that yourself and sent it in to them.

Franglais:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

I don’t read the sun, in fact I don’t read any papers. They are all biased towards their own agenda. I prefer to form my own opinions based on what I see and hear myself. But thanks for furthering the stereotype that anyone of us who goes against your usual lefty views is a typical thicko with your “sez” comment above. :unamused:

More straw men?
RobRoy quoted the Sun above. The Sun has reputation for clever headlines such as "its the Sun wot won it". And a reputation for being a lying I dont think all who oppose my point of view are thick, that is why I am here talking to some of them!
But please, feel to be as upset and offended as you like.

And I agree that many/most media outlets have a bias. I didn`t favourably mention any did I? Those I do read tend to supply sources not merely “someone told us”.
I certainly did mention the BMA and the ONS.
And I reckon they know a lot more than any individual can possibly see with their own eyes.

Seriously Franglais, cool it a bit will you,.you are coming across now as a totally pompous prick…no offence :laughing:
With your sarcastic apologies, your usual ‘everybody is wrong and I am right’’ ,. ‘‘I always know better,’’ ‘‘I always get the last word’’ attitude,…and as for your speaking to the thick crack :open_mouth: … it just personifies my point .
Bring on the ‘I dont care what people think’ well.I don’t care that you dont care :smiley: .
All.I can say is just for once ignore the …whatever media source you subscribe to, ignore the official line that you always swallow on every ■■■■ thing, and open your eyes man, listen to people who have had adverse things happen to them on all this.
On opening them if you discover that your area is not flooded with these layabouts then you are lucky.

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

I don’t give a [zb] what the BMA, the ONS, the ABC, or the XY [zb] Z say.
You keep believing the ‘damage limitation positive spin’ that is fed to you, and then blame the Tories and Brexit for every [zb] thing.at every opportunity.

Apologies.
I though that piece in The Sun that you linked was from an anonymous source.
I didn`t realise that you had seen that yourself and sent it in to them.

Here we go another poor attempt at humour from Franglais ladies and gentlemen. :smiley:

No.I did not send it in, and I have no reason to believe it ain’t accurate,.and it does kinda vindicate some of my opinions on all this.eh?

robroy:
Bring on the ‘I dont care what people think’ well.I don’t care that you dont care

Good. Say no more then.

Any comments on the less than 100,000 migrants vs the huge shortfall of Doctors in the UK?
Surely you can see that a few hundred Drs needed for “fit young Men” is not the cause of you waiting too long for appointments at your surgery?

And again if the asylum seekers were dealt with in a timely manner, as they were before, we wouldnt need to pay to house them for months in an ever increasing number of hotels etc. It was done quicker before, it isnt now.
What do you think of that?

Franglais:

robroy:
Bring on the ‘I dont care what people think’ well.I don’t care that you dont care

Good. Say no more then.

Any comments on the less than 100,000 migrants vs the huge shortfall of Doctors in the UK?
Surely you can see that a few hundred Drs needed for “fit young Men” is not the cause of you waiting too long for appointments at your surgery?

And again if the asylum seekers were dealt with in a timely manner, as they were before, we wouldnt need to pay to house them for months in an ever increasing number of hotels etc. It was done quicker before, it isnt now.
What do you think of that?

Are we going round in circles here again?

Again…my comments on the link between illegal scroungers and the doctor’s surgery situation are not based on what I am told by any media source,.or official website, it is what actually happened to my friend, and what he was told by his friend the receptionist at the med centre.

As for your official figure of 100000,.they are coming over 7 days a week, so why does the official figure remain 100000.

You obviously missed my comment on dealing with what you call asylum seekers, my remedy would be deal with them in one way…refuse them entry.

I get it also that there is a shortage of Doctors, but I suspect this is some tactic of discussion of yours, to steer that discussion on what you more than likely see it,.as a result of Brexit?
Am I right?. :unamused:

Look.we are never going to find common ground on all this, so as I said stick to your sources of info, and I’ll stick to mine eh?

robroy:

Again…my comments on the link between illegal scroungers and the doctor’s surgery situation are not based on what I am told by any media source,.or official website, it is what actually happened to my friend, and what he was told by his friend the receptionist at the med centre.

As for your official figure of 100000,.they are coming over 7 days a week, so why does the official figure remain 100000.

You obviously missed my comment on dealing with what you call asylum seekers, my remedy would be deal with them in one way…refuse them entry.

I get it also that there is a shortage of Doctors, but I suspect this is some tactic of discussion of yours, to steer that discussion on what you more than likely see it,.as a result of Brexit?
Am I right?.

Look.we are never going to find common ground on all this, so as I said stick to your sources of info, and I’ll stick to mine eh?

You cant get the service you expect and deserve from your Doctor. OK, agreed. And that is because every Dr has too many patients. There arent enough Drs for the population we have.

If there were no asylum seekers here, none, zero, then that would release about 300 or 400 Drs. The BMA says we are short of 46,300 Drs. So then we would be only 46,000 short instead of 46,300 short. Will that make much difference?

And again in past years the applicants were dealt with in a few months. It is now taking over a year. That is why new accomodation is needed several years ago we had similar numbers coming in but they were put through the system and either allowed into jobs to pay their own way and pay taxes or kicked out. Currently they are just being warehoused.

“The number of cases waiting more than six months for an initial decision has more than doubled since 2020 and increased nearly ten-fold since 2016, suggesting a growing backlog of older cases. The number of new asylum applications being made has also risen in recent years, and the speed of asylum decision-making has slowed down.”
commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re … /cbp-9737/

Franglais:

robroy:

Am I right?.

You cant get the service you expect and deserve from your Doctor. OK, agreed. And that is because every Dr has too many patients. There arent enough Drs for the population we have.

If there were no asylum seekers here, none, zero, then that would release about 300 or 400 Drs. The BMA says we are short of 46,300 Drs. So then we would be only 46,000 short instead of 46,300 short. Will that make much difference?

And again in past years the applicants were dealt with in a few months. It is now taking over a year. That is why new accomodation is needed several years ago we had similar numbers coming in but they were put through the system and either allowed into jobs to pay their own way and pay taxes or kicked out. Currently they are just being warehoused.

“The number of cases waiting more than six months for an initial decision has more than doubled since 2020 and increased nearly ten-fold since 2016, suggesting a growing backlog of older cases. The number of new asylum applications being made has also risen in recent years, and the speed of asylum decision-making has slowed down.”
commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re … /cbp-9737/

Right so there are too many…no ■■■■.
Again I really don’t give a ■■■■ WHY that is tbh, and I still stand by my opinion and remedy…that is…
Do not let them in, in the first place rather than pick them up and ship them in.
And stop more attempting to come over by cutting off the incentives for them doing so.

Genuine ‘asylum’ = First safe haven country, not crossing half a dozen more and making for a gravy train rich island .

robroy:
Genuine ‘asylum’ = First safe haven country, not crossing half a dozen more and making for a gravy train rich island .

By that standard they wouldn’t need to leave Africa or Asia for Western Europe or Scandinavia.
Bearing in mind that UK has signed up to the UN policy that if we don’t let them in they’ll arrive on our beaches en masse anyway.
The truth is that that the least sustainable parts of the world have a procreation habit problem and they see our green fertile areas of Europe as the solution while playing the guilt card against us to get ( steal/take ) it from us.
They want our food, our water and our living space and our money.

tmcassett:

robroy:

My home city is inundated with these [zb] s,.we have had a strong increase in crime, rapes, reported attempted child abductions, the lot, not saying they are all rapists and child molesters, , but it’s the.the kind of thing where 1 is 1 too many. :bulb:

Racism? No.

Absolutely spot on mate with all of this. I was about to reply to Franglais naïve and delusional post above but you have pretty much summed up in a quite similar manner to what I was going to put and what a lot of us can actually see.

I agree entirely, no more words needed.

… wait until their future generations sue the government for allowing their parents to be traffic’d in on boats lol