Ebay clown selling a fh

found this on ebay and as im looking for another truck i asked for a contact number
ebay.co.uk/itm/230793744389? … 500wt_1142

this is the reply i got
I am unable with phone so please use email as primary contact option. I dont use phone for internet deals.
Due to my location and since view is not an option I have requested personal support and I was approved to use Buyer Protection Program. Here is how the process works:

• you give me your full name and shipping address
  • I start the transaction with the eBay,
  • they send further payment instructions,
  • you have to pay for the item to eBay to secure the funds,
  • they confirm me that they received the funds,
  • I deliver the truck,
  • you receive the truck,

so i thought i best sign into my paypal and send him the £10,500 fast :unamused:

My guess is that it’s being sold by Mr M’Bongo M’bongo of Nigeria.

…and that the buyer will receive at most a photo, which is all the “seller” has.

Regards,
Nick

I’m just starting out so I’m as green as grass and I sometimes wonder if I’ve got the savvy to make it, but when I see that four people have placed bids on this, all presumably with Operator’s Licences, without even a chance to see the thing until after the money has been transferred, it kind of gives me hope.

I start the transaction with the eBay

A superfluous definite article is a dead giveaway that the writer is not a native English speaker.

…unless they are his friends sitting next to him at his mud hut internet cafe?

Regards,
Nick

what so you dont think il get the truck after i pay him■■?

you could solve the mystery by ringing the phone number(s) on the side of the roof?

…or take a chance and send the money anyway :wink:

Regards,
Nick

Possibly a scale model :smiley:

Well, I’ve had a look and it definitely exists, has current road tax and and hasn’t been exported.

I’ve just sent him a message.

Hi Paul, I’m interested in the Volvo and quite happy to follow the normal ebay bidding procedure, I wonder if it would be possible to inspect the vehicle sometime before I do though? I can do this at any time convenient to you.

We’ll see what he says.

it definatly exists, it came past me on the 25 the other week doing at least 60mph, he was flying past everything else.

Perhaps one of us should contact the seller claiming to be the legitimate owner of the truck and see how he reacts to that?

Paul

would stay well clear ,no photo’s of the interior , also he has zero feed back , we can all take a photo of a parked truck then post it on ebay, there was a article on this kind a thing on bbc watchdog , where people was selling motors on ebay that was’nt theres

repton:
Perhaps one of us should contact the seller claiming to be the legitimate owner of the truck and see how he reacts to that?

Paul

Excellent idea!

I’ve already sent him a message, but if anyone else wants to do it, then do it… we may be able to have some collective fun with the “seller”, kind of like a real-life psychological game where we meet here to discuss the next move! :smiley: :smiley:

or the owner enquiring if it really is for sale.
numbers on the side of the truck.

Regards,
Nick

gazza1970:
would stay well clear ,no photo’s of the interior , also he has zero feed back , we can all take a photo of a parked truck then post it on ebay, there was a article on this kind a thing on bbc watchdog , where people was selling motors on ebay that was’nt theres

I think we’ve already established that the guy selling it is almost certainly not legitimate, expecting anyone to buy a truck without being able to see it or talking on the phone to the seller pretty much guarantees that…

Paul

ncooper:
or the owner enquiring if it really is for sale.
numbers on the side of the truck.

That’s assuming they are up to date photos. If you google the registration number you get photos of it taken in June 2011 with a different name on the side:

flickr.com/photos/42933189@N03/5840340228/

Paul

a mate of mine has just told me that it was for sale a few month back on ebay along with a green 4x2 fh from the same firm so he must of just kept the photos to try and con some one

swiller:
a mate of mine has just told me that it was for sale a few month back on ebay along with a green 4x2 fh from the same firm so he must of just kept the photos to try and con some one

I have heard before that this is how these scams work - they copy a legitimate advert to try and make it look more genuine.

Paul

swiller:

What, you haven’t sent the cash :exclamation:

Regards,
Nick

can’t believe people have bid on it!!
no feedback & history,never sold anything before & yet people will stick 10k bid on a truck!!
might chuck a cheeky 20k bid on it & see what happens!! :laughing: