Eaton rt11069b?

Hi everybody , does anyone know what gearbox this is ■■

RT11069B Eaton on a 96 Foden 6 wheeler , hope its not the technical name for a twin splitter

Many thanks in advance :question:

It is either a 9 speed or 13 speed fuller roadranger the best gearbox ever invented

are they easy to drive , i have driven 9 spped fuller range change years agoin a v8 cargo that was nice box to use

Big Bear:
It is either a 9 speed or 13 speed fuller roadranger the best gearbox ever invented

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bring on the Twin Split.

A gearbox that sorted the men from the boys. :sunglasses:

Ken.

I liked the twin splitter as well but it depended alot on the installation and in which vehicle. The fuller 9 or 13 speed was a very much more durable box hence why they are still used in the USA and Australia.I was using a 13 speed fuller whithin hours of passing my class one years ago.

Quinny:

Big Bear:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bring on the Twin Split.

Ken.

I’ll 2nd that :smiley:

Earlier this year during a quite period i hired one of my drivers out a experinced mid 40,s driver done the twin splitter crash box thing for years,he has been on a volvo I shift for the last three years. The vehicle he had been given when i hired him out was a ERF EC11 with twin splitter when he came back in the evening he said “I have spent most of the day in neutral I can’t beileve i ever liked that [zb]give back the I shift I ain’t going back”

auto censor dodge removed, please read HERE…Denis F

Big Bear:

It’s a 9-speed multi-mesh version of the Roadranger. I think it’s correct designation is 11609, though

quite fond of the 18 speed myself, not that i get to use one too often

It,s the 9 speed fuller ad denoted by the RT11069B while the RT11613 would be a 13 speed etc.

Dave has done Fullers to death in this post. Have a read, it is interesting

Gents many thanks

so i take it thats a 4 over 4 with thye switch you flick up for hi - range
as in
1 2 3 4 flick switch up 5 6 7 8
with crawler and reverse

many thanks for all your help gents

4 over 5.
1-5 are in low range, with 1st on the dogleg by reverse, 6-9 are high range.

eddie snax:

Quinny:

Big Bear:

Bring on the Twin Split.

Ken.

I’ll 2nd that :smiley:

if you aint played a tune on one ,you havent driven a good box.

Have driven a twin splitter on eurotrakker hook loader and a few seddon units , good box , could do on the way up no problems , coming bk down was a drama
thought was very smooth

Im happy to be a boy

allikat:
4 over 5.

IIRC, it is an 8 Speed plus crawler

Renny:

allikat:
4 over 5.

IIRC, it is an 8 Speed plus crawler

As always with a gearbox, use whatever you and the engine is comfortable with. I’ve driven wagons with this box in, and sometimes you pull off in 1st, sometimes in 2nd, it depends on the weight and circumstances. Some of these boxes are 8 plus crawl, others are 9 normal forward gears.

my 1st artic had one, I went from a Sed Atk 4 wheeler with a 12 speed ZF to a nine speed fuller. I didn’t know what had hit me :laughing: It was linked to ■■■■■■■ L10 290, and I grew to love it, although I learnt early on, to be well out of the way, if a new driver took it out, I hate the sound of gearboxes in pain. Was nowhere near as bad as my twin splitter in an ERF, there was a set of traffic lights in Halifax, that if you caught on red, and had to do a hill start, you had a 60% chance of emptying the ashtrays, doing the kangaroo crawl.

I remember coming out of Sheffield one day,tractor unit only,an ERF EC 14 with the obligatory twin split,and sitting at a set of traffic lights,Charlie Chav drove up alongside me in his XR3,with the old boom box playing the tunes. :sunglasses:

With no right indicator on,and the body language,it told me that he intended to go straight on,so I slotted the box into 4th, (Switch on 1,gearstick back.) and as the lights went to green,Plastic Pig was off like the proverbial off a shovel,while Charlie Chav was left in a cloud of diesel smoke. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The twin split was behaving beautifully,and to this day,it was a reason why I still hold that type of gearbox in high esteem.

Ken.

had twin splitters on both erfs and fodens, could’nt get on with em on a foden, that cable linkage never seemed to work right, twin splitter in an erf was a pleasure! the only thing in an erf that was!!

Quinny:
I remember coming out of Sheffield one day,tractor unit only,an ERF EC 14 with the obligatory twin split,and sitting at a set of traffic lights,Charlie Chav drove up alongside me in his XR3,with the old boom box playing the tunes. :sunglasses:

With no right indicator on,and the body language,it told me that he intended to go straight on,so I slotted the box into 4th, (Switch on 1,gearstick back.) and as the lights went to green,Plastic Pig was off like the proverbial off a shovel,while Charlie Chav was left in a cloud of diesel smoke. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The twin split was behaving beautifully,and to this day,it was a reason why I still hold that type of gearbox in high esteem.

Ken.

Bloody hooligan!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wish I’d been there to see (and hear!) that! :laughing: :laughing: