Easy healthy lunch ideas?

Basicly I was bringing my own packed lunch for ages then got sick of eating the same things day in day out, so I stopped bringing my own dinner and now as you can imagine my diet has gone disgraceful butty vans etc lol . What do you guys do for dinner and does anyone have any easy healthy lunch ideas that arnt boring.

Baldy91:
Basicly I was bringing my own packed lunch for ages then got sick of eating the same things day in day out, so I stopped bringing my own dinner and now as you can imagine my diet has gone disgraceful butty vans etc lol . What do you guys do for dinner and does anyone have any easy healthy lunch ideas that arnt boring.

Everybody has different tastes,what is boring to you others may enjoy,gives us an idea of what you was packing up
Nothing wrong in the occasional visit to a butty van

Are you tramping or are you home to make something every day?

I cook my weeks supply on a Sunday afternoon, usually 5 days worth of chicken, fish or red meat with some form of veg with either rice pasta or potatoes, then I bung 2 or 3 in the freezer to keep fresh for later on in the week. The rest I’ll take out of the fridge as and when I need. Save so much time through the week and not to mention a bit of money by not being ripped off for food in service stations.

I’m a day man and the good woman (far too good for me) usually does me either a wholemeal seeded or Ciabatta bun or one of those ‘‘thins’’, usually filled with ham or mature cheddar plus tomato lettuce and a good dash of Hellmans Mayo.
Boiled egg (free range only) with a small sachet of salt to go with it.

Made last thing before bedtime these will not have sat in the bloody fridge overnight destroying all the lovely flavours.
Can’t abide bloody chilled sandwiches, might as well eat the sodding packet.

Also a Penguin and small pack of 4 of those Benvitta (summat like that) bikkies to munch on the way out to me one and only :sunglasses: drop.

Carry a flask of boiling water, tea bags milk and sweeteners.

Job done.

I’ve started making a tub of egg mayonnaise and another tub of tuna sweetcorn and mayonnaise along with me scotch eggs, punnet of tomatoes and jar of beetroot this lot keeps me going throughout the day.
Oh and a pack of hot cross buns as a treat which I normally eat in one day.

Have cereal galore and tins of stuff in the cab as well to add some spice.

Kebab, grilled meat and salad so nice and healthy, none of that elephant leg rubbish though :smiley:

Get a proper food flask. It’ll cost but will keep food hot for hours. Take chilli and boiled potatoes etc …
I take wraps one night sarnies the next rolls etc then soup stew the list goes on .
A little prep and thought goes a long way.

Google healthy eating for lorry drivers and you will find some super ideas there. A great variety of sites to choose from

Cheers for the replies. Yeah I’m a day man I was basicly eating cheese and ham sandwiches and bag of crisps everyday and just got really bored of it. Good idea that Hot food flask I’ll have a look into that cheers.

I’m drinking a lot of juices after I saw a film by a bloke called Joe Cross called Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. It tackles lorry-driver unhealthily eating habits. I lost 2 stone just by cutting out fatty stuff and drinking fruit and vegetable juices. Easy and quick too.

Baldy91:
Cheers for the replies. Yeah I’m a day man I was basicly eating cheese and ham sandwiches and bag of crisps everyday and just got really bored of it. Good idea that Hot food flask I’ll have a look into that cheers.

No wonder you got bored eating that week in week out,not very adventurous.
Try a salad mix,a wrap,go to supermarket deli get a selection of meats,samosa`s the choice is there if you take the time to look and try

My pack up used to be the same thing; a solitary cheese sandwich with nothing else day in day out year after year until I finally snapped and had a right go at the missus. Kind of took the wind out of my sails when she pointed out that it was me who did my own pack up! :blush:

A tin of tuna, sardines or herring, salmon if you are flush. A tin of those baby sweetcorn to go with it. It’s a meal fit for a king, but you need to be careful not to spill oil on your seat, get out and drain the can while you’re opening it. You could carry a tin opener but I just get the ring pull type . Always keep a tin of spam or corned beef for emergencies. Spam is a bit salty though.
Walnuts, pecans etc for snacks. Lidl nuts are good quality and value (about the only thing I buy there except their excellent toilet rolls)
Obviously apples are still the best driving snack but them figs and apricots are another good standby to keep in the cab. A coconut but I probably buy two duds for every good one.

I buy a lot of fruit at the weekend,pineapple strawberrys blueberrys grapes etc then make 5 fruit salads put them all in fridge and have one everyday with a yoghurt

Dipper_Dave:
I’ve started making a tub of egg mayonnaise and another tub of tuna sweetcorn and mayonnaise along with me scotch eggs, punnet of tomatoes and jar of beetroot this lot keeps me going throughout the day.

OK, I give up. I’ve read this post over and over, but I can’t find any innuendo in it at all. Are you not feeling well today?

scaniason:

Dipper_Dave:

OK, I give up. I’ve read this post over and over, but I can’t find any innuendo in it at all. Are you not feeling well today?

I’m on a self inflicted limit of one clean post a day to try and curb my innuendo.

The egg mayonnaise gives me a good excuse if the wife should perform a sock inspection in a ‘sorry darling I used it to clean out me tub of egg mayo’ stylee.

Have you considered cous cous? It’s very cheap (£1 a kilo in lidl) make it up as per the instructions in a big pot (I mix a stock cube in the water before adding it)
Then just stir in mixed shallow fried stuff of your choice.
I always add onions and green or red peppers, then whatever meat or fish. - bacon , chicken, ham, chorizo, cod, etc…
Add any chopped veg you like: courgette, whatever…
Add some mayo, sweet chilli sauce, etc. To your plate when serving…

volvo2:
Google healthy eating for lorry drivers and you will find some super ideas there. A great variety of sites to choose from

Sites such as KFC, McD’s, Burger King, Pizza Hut…

Dipper_Dave:

scaniason:

Dipper_Dave:

I’m on a self inflicted limit of one clean post a day to try and curb my innuendo.

The egg mayonnaise gives me a good excuse if the wife should perform a sock inspection in a ‘sorry darling I used it to clean out me tub of egg mayo’ stylee.

Pleased its a limit not a target [emoji1]

To be fair, I thought the egg mayonnaise would be difficult to resist a but of ■■■■ with, and glad you haven’t disappointed. I’ll tell the doctors to stand down…