Easter 'Eggstravaganza'

Who’s working the weekend this week ? Plenty of money to be had on the agency with Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday rates accompanying the good Sunday rates. All that and not to mention the motorway car parks aplenty which will notch up your hours !!!

I am not as I have a life :sunglasses:

What will you be doing ?

I work 5 on 3 off and unfortunately I start back Good Friday so I’m working every day for no extra pay as I’m salaried, oh well win some lose some :cry: :cry:

my normal shift pattern means im working good friday and saturday finish nice and early @ 6am on easter sunday tho then have 4 days away in wales in the wobble box

Kerbdog:
What will you be doing ?

I will be returning from Holland on Thursday evening and parking up until wednesday morning . Then spending time with the family enjoying the Easter weekend .

Suffolk ReeferBoy:
I will be returning from Holland on Thursday evening and parking up until wednesday morning . Then spending time with the family enjoying the Easter weekend .

Ooooh right, just with the ‘quick witted jibe’ I thought you would be doing something exciting that I can’t do on my days off after I’ve worked the double money days :laughing:

Kerbdog:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Ooooh right, just with the ‘quick witted jibe’ I thought you would be doing something exciting that I can’t do on my days off after I’ve worked the double money days :laughing:

I earn enough in the normal week to not have to wet my pants everytime a bank holiday appears thankyou.

And what is the difference between driving on any other day ? Just because a lot of people are off on them ‘week’ days doesn’t mean you have to have it off too.

Kerbdog:
And what is the difference between driving on any other day ? Just because a lot of people are off on them ‘week’ days doesn’t mean you have to have it off too.

Well I’m with the reefer boy as well on this one, it’s alright having you days off in the week when all your friends and family are at work. You can always go and sit in the pub with the doleys and dossers I suppose.

I like to think I earn enough not to wet myself over overtime rates on bank holidays, I work to live not live to work and if I get the chance of some extra family time I grab it with both hands.

jessicas dad:

Kerbdog:

Well I’m with the reefer boy as well on this one, it’s alright having you days off in the week when all your friends and family are at work. You can always go and sit in the pub with the doleys and dossers I suppose.

I like to think I earn enough not to wet myself over overtime rates on bank holidays, I work to live not live to work and if I get the chance of some extra family time I grab it with both hands.

that explains why your working fri, sat and mon then oh and going to pub sat night :smiley: :smiley:

green456:

jessicas dad:

Kerbdog:

that explains why your working fri, sat and mon then oh and going to pub sat night :smiley: :smiley:

That’s not guaranteed at all yet but I think it might be expected with contract I’m on, as I said I’m not bothered either way.

I will be more than happy finishing on thurs and going back tues. I treat work as something that gets in my way off being at home.

Lord knows what the rest of the week brings after ive been tipped and reloaded in coventry…

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Kerbdog:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

I earn enough in the normal week to not have to wet my pants everytime a bank holiday appears thankyou.

You can never earn enough. Not working as a driver.

So whose paying double time then■■? :confused:

I’m on double time plus we can cash our day in lieu in as well which is 9 hours each day. So basically double time plus 9 Friday and Monday! And if I can squeeze a few hours Saturday in as well it wouldn’t be too bad a week.

I’m in Saturday to Tuesday, can’t remember if it is Good Friday or Easter Monday that we get double time for, it’s only one of them, our lot traded away four bank holidays for four extra holidays, and the company cunningly wrote the contract to say that specific days are recognised as bank holidays so that any extra ones that might get thrown in are just normal working days. I’m not bothered one way or the other by the double time, I would rather be at home with the mrs.

jessicas dad:

Me too, away for a week with the wife and kids but if I was single it may be different. If you need it, go for it.

I’ve been asked if I can work the monday, not sure what I’m doing yet. Suits me down to the ground.

Back in on Friday(kerching) for 4 days,starting with a nice little 2600kms to Thunder Bay ,Ontario.Working weekends can be handy sometimes :smiley:

Im off right through. There are shifts available if I wanted to work but I usually politely decline their offer. No point cos its only time and a half and if its not the taxman spending my O/T earnings, its my wife. Just not worth it IMO. Plus as has been mentioned before, I can spend more time with my family.