Easter 'Eggstravaganza'

Kerbdog:
And what is the difference between driving on any other day ? Just because a lot of people are off on them ‘week’ days doesn’t mean you have to have it off too.

Honestly to god mate, no offence, but go and get a friggin’ life!

You remind me of so many drivers I’ve worked with down the years. They never shut up about how they’re going to work all the overtime they can get (weekends, bank holidays etc), and then seem genuinely surprised when you tell them you enjoy getting all the time off you can get. And then they ask you what you’re going to do with your time off, in a tone that suggests that they think you should actually be working all the hours God sends, just like them!

Hey, each to their own! If drivers want to sit in a truck all their lives that’s their business. But I have to say, that many like that I’ve met - when they’re not in a truck, they sit at home tapping their fingers with boredom till the next shift!

Depends if your wife works or not. In my case no, it’s my income and thats it and I like cash and independance so I work every hour I can.

My tramping job finish early hrs of friday morning. Sat, sun and mon I will be doing agency work till back to my tramping job tuesday evening.

pavaroti:
Depends if your wife works or not. In my case no, it’s my income and thats it and I like cash and independance so I work every hour I can.

My tramping job finish early hrs of friday morning. Sat, sun and mon I will be doing agency work till back to my tramping job tuesday evening.

You are quite right to work all the hours you can and want, for the reasons you give. Indeed, any driver can work as much as he wants and should never have to explain himself.

But the ones who shove it down your throat (if you’ll pardon the expression) - including flashing their wage slips - and just don’t seem to understand that circumstances vary from driver to driver…they’re the ones who need to go and get a life.

pavaroti:

So you don’t bother with weekly rest periods?

Agents in the northeast of england havent heard of double time on a bank holiday…or any weekend for that matter…

Had an early finish Saturday and I go back tomorrow and I finish on Sunday so I at least have bank holiday monday off, but with what I’ve been hearing it wouldn’t surprise me if I do end up working Monday :smiley: Not too fussed more money in my pocket if i do and I have the following week off meaning I have 12 days to have off :grimacing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

starfighter:

pavaroti:

So you don’t bother with weekly rest periods?

I think he’s an immigrant, they’re exempt aren’t they :unamused:

He could join the rest and ‘accidently put his digi card in the cash machine instead of his bank card because it was dark’

I cancelled Job for 2day,work 2moro,in Church on friday (Im Christian),
Dont know Saturday,but Sunday and Monday in Church,work Tuesday

Well im working tomorrow, well no choice really, sat outside a place in cornwall for an 0800 load in the morning :sunglasses: