East European drivers

We can all give accounts of incidents involving these idiots ,but yesterday I was nearly killed by one ,coming from Ellsmere port I came to the roundabout m56 Chester services ,I crossed over the motorway and I seen a large artic coming up the slipway to exit the motorway ,I knew it was East European just looking at it ,I thought he is going to fast he is not going to stop so I stopped dead and he came off the slip doing at least 30 mph luckily the traffic was light and he got off with it if I had not been aware this total idiot would possible have killed me then he compounded this by blowing his horn at me as it was my fault ,we all make mistakes but these guys who make mistakes like this and don’t realise what they have done are lethal ,I am convinced that it was only my driving experience that saved the day it could have been some inexperienced driver who thought he was going to stop and did not see the danger he would have been killed

You could tell where he was EE just by looking at him, amazing.

Now try this, he is driving on the wrong side of the road, the steering wheel is on the wrong side for the UK, he may be lost or unfamiliar with the area and road layout, experience has little to do with driving.

mike68:

Now try this, he is driving on the wrong side of the road, the steering wheel is on the wrong side for the UK, he may be lost or unfamiliar with the area and road layout, experience has little to do with driving.

Whats that got to with his bad driving ?

mike68:

Drivers have doing it right for years. If you can’t do it properly,get out of the game.

mike68:

He said it was an EE vehicle, you can normally recognise them by the writing, their names are unlike most of ours.

Dave55:

mike68:

Drivers have doing it right for years. If you can’t do it properly,get out of the game.

Problem is, there’s plenty of British also out there who are so poor at driving lorries, or so over-confident in their own paltry abilities to do so. Take the idiots out of the industry by all means but do it regardless of their country of birth. Then we’d see what a driver shortage was.

To mike 68 , I don’t believe it that you said ,what has experience got to do with driving ? Everything is the answer ,experience is what kept me mostly in one piece after 50 years on the road ,and if you think that he has a excuse for dangerous driving because he has to drive on the left and his steering wheel is on the right you are deluded see if you would be so forgiving god forbid one of these idiots killed a member of your family ,I had 12years on continental work and never had a accident because I read the rules for different country’s invested in extra mirrors and the large stick on caravan aid that stuck on your passenger window so you could see the bottom of your passenger door if you still believe experience counts for nothing you are in the wrong job ,and yes I have seen enough east European trucks to tell at a glance what it was ,experience taught me that to I forgot to add I was in my car so things could have been really bad

Somewhere there is a Trucknetski or DerWagenNet, and on there, there are endless natives moaning about the standard of driving of British drivers on foreign soil.

Amen to getting rid of the bad drivers. But you never know they might just have had a bad moment.

Unless it ends in bent metal, someone, somewhere, did something right and everyone lived to tell the tale. Let it go and chalk it up on your “experience board”

Olog Hai:

Dave55:

mike68:

Problem is, there’s plenty of British also out there who are so poor at driving lorries, or so over-confident in their own paltry abilities to do so. Take the idiots out of the industry by all means but do it regardless of their country of birth. Then we’d see what a driver shortage was.

I was referring to driving in a foreign country. Mike 68 was implying that because of the steering wheel and the road are on different sides in the UK, it’s ok to make mistakes and blame Iit on being in a foreign country.
Of the British abroad- I think our track record is pretty good

That description by the poster would have scared the ■■■■ out of everyone, and i assume he drives for a living, thank god for that, had it just been an everyday car driver, he would certainly have been killed. There was no need for the numpty to have used his horn either as if he was in the right, i have also wiitnessed so many times wher they have took a chance and pulled out into a roundabout because he has positioned himself wrongly and couldnt see the traffic, or anything coming his way, but as a trucker i accepted it as it is difficult in a left ■■■■■■ when the roads are built to right hand drive standards, although i have driven left hookers, its more scary in the uk than it is when abroad, and more than scary when you first get to drive one. :laughing:

dexterboy:
To mike 68 , I don’t believe it that you said ,what has experience got to do with driving ? Everything is the answer ,experience is what kept me mostly in one piece after 50 years on the road ,and if you think that he has a excuse for dangerous driving because he has to drive on the left and his steering wheel is on the right you are deluded see if you would be so forgiving god forbid one of these idiots killed a member of your family ,I had 12years on continental work and never had a accident because I read the rules for different country’s invested in extra mirrors…

+1
First trip I did to a right-hand drive country I was driving a Toyota Land-Cruiser (Amazon) and towing a 7.5metre, 3.4 ton, triple axle trailer. After asking about driving “over there”, I bought the extra bulbs, the hi-viz and the warning triangle, the headlight filters and fitted big mirrors, although for a car, the Amazons mirrors are humongous. Didn’t have a moments bother, because I’d done me homework.
Maybe our friend was tired, I was chatting to one of our Romanian brethren who told me one previous boss used the tracker to badger him unmercilessly, until one evening he fell asleep on a very long straight stretch. His lorry stalled and he woke up to a car horn in his ear. When he parked up, the boss asked him what the (flying four and a half) he was doing, so our friend quit, telling the boss to shove it. Who knows what kind of pressure the “EE” guy was under. Let’s hope that we can all be professional enough to say “That’s not acceptable boss.”, if we need to…

I wonder if our friends the Gendarmes think the same? :neutral_face:

Thing is you don’t hear about problems that British drivers cause abroad, because it’s not “■■■■ news” that British people want to hear. I bet there are pictures of British cars and trucks that have done daft things because the prat nav told them to.

While the situation described was obviously the fault of the “EE” driver I doubt he needs stringing up over it.

F-reds:

Thing is you don’t hear about problems that British drivers cause abroad, because it’s not “■■■■ news” that British people want to hear.

I think you don’t hear about British driver abroad because there are so few of them these days compared to the East European ones.

As for the incident, it sounds like bad driving, or at least a failure to read the road ahead, I’m sure this isn’t the preserve of the East European driver.

muckles:

F-reds:

Thing is you don’t hear about problems that British drivers cause abroad, because it’s not “■■■■ news” that British people want to hear.

I think you don’t hear about British driver abroad because there are so few of them these days compared to the East European ones.

As for the incident, it sounds like bad driving, or at least a failure to read the road ahead, I’m sure this isn’t the preserve of the East European driver.

As a resident of Norfolk I am sure you have noticed the appallingly low standards of driving that are the norm.

JAY’S SUMMARY/FORECAST OF THIS THREAD:

-foreigners can’t drive.

-British drivers are just as bad.

-2 pages about low pay.

-2 pages about how Britain won the war.

-1 page about stobarts.

-think of the children.

It is many a long year since I left the Transport game, ie. PSV and, the occasional trip out in a 7.5 tonner. It is a skill if!, that is what you choose to call it, that that you develop, sensing that an approaching vehicle no matter what that vehicle maybe, is not going to stop, especially at Traffic Lights, or more importantly at Pedestrian controlled lights.
It happens all to often in my neck of the woods, many a time I have been grateful for acquiring this sixth sense whether on foot or driving.
Mean time take care out there Guys & Gals, drive safely

no! Dexter is right! I was there! I saw it!
It was a penguin at that weel

What exactly is a “large artic” ?

Suedehead:
What exactly is a “large artic” ?

The same thing as a loft and cited mainly around Berkshire.

“Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone”… OUCH!! :stuck_out_tongue:

As someone who has driven left hookers in this country, I can tell you now, some of the biggest ‘culprits’ are the idiots that planned some of the traffic layouts and placement of street furniture.

Whilst I don’t like EE drivers taking work off us, I have seen British HGV (and PSV) drivers do some incredibly stupid things too, including going across red lights at busy junctions whilst they have been chatting away with a phone perched next to their ear. :open_mouth: