East European Drivers

Hi Taskman the hole in the floor as toliet is all right and as for water comeing out of the wall,I use running water as well and not out of a tap,
please these underhand remarks are not wanted ,YES there is a problem with drivers being employed who do not meet the required standards which we have to achieve to hold a position of employment, and yes this is upsetting BUT the wheel goes round and justice will win as certain firms are learning when the INSUREANCE companys raise the premiums ,and
when the customers who they may have had for a long time suddenly no longer wish their goods moved by incompetent personnel,

A point here which some people may not be aware of any person who is a non-resident of the EU has to have certain levels and passed tests if not then no employment is allowed,
Also we have a exam the likes of a ““city &guilds”” which ALL drivers
will require,to have , when required,
A certain european companyx found out why they should employ
experienced and trustworthy drivers as they lost a very large contract
by their use of this cheaper labour, RESULT . lots of jobs for western european drivers ,

brit pete:
Hi Taskman the hole in the floor as toliet is all right and as for water comeing out of the wall,I use running water as well and not out of a tap,
please these underhand remarks are not wanted ,YES there is a problem with drivers being employed who do not meet the required standards which we have to achieve to hold a position of employment, and yes this is upsetting BUT the wheel goes round and justice will win as certain firms are learning when the INSUREANCE companys raise the premiums ,and
when the customers who they may have had for a long time suddenly no longer wish their goods moved by incompetent personnel,

A point here which some people may not be aware of any person who is a non-resident of the EU has to have certain levels and passed tests if not then no employment is allowed,
Also we have a exam the likes of a ““city &guilds”” which ALL drivers
will require,to have , when required,
A certain european companyx found out why they should employ
experienced and trustworthy drivers as they lost a very large contract
by their use of this cheaper labour, RESULT . lots of jobs for western european drivers ,[/quote
other Question:
In UK is it Law that Company makes a Work-History check?
If Yes,how will they do it by Drivers from differend Companies?

i normally dont get involved in stuff like this because i remember going to work for a german firm in the early 90 s for cash in hand , good pay and no messing about , but – last week i was nearly run off the road by some one in roadworks , i was in the nearside lane as i should of been as the next lane was a width restriction -6"6" - he came steaming past on the limiter in a thin truck :astonished: , well it must of been to be in that lane , oh and it was a 40 limit as well but it didnt seem to register with this numpty as he steamed away from me , i pulled into naxt services to fuel up and who was there but the thin truck , so i went over to have words with this person , he didnt speak a word of english even tho it was a brit truck , i tried to tell him the error of his ways but it wasnt sinking in ,so i left and phoned his firm up to complain , no joy there either , and it got me thinking , if he had pushed me off the road and killed me , would he stand about to be arrested ? I DOUBT IT , HE WOULD PACK HIS BAGS AND BE ON THE NEXT FERRY HOME , not that im annoyed or anything :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp:

Saying that tesco,s sacked them means what?they do not use them on the check out?Tesco,s use wincantons (tesco1 and tesco 2 on stakehill manchester as well as woolies in castleton,they even have eastern european office staff because the drivers do not speak english)who themselves have eastern european depots and drivers.

Porkifier similar has happend to me on many occansions.

Last week while stomping along the M1 in a jam there was one of these richard heads in the outside lane. Everyone on the CB had hooted and waved to tell him he was in the wrong but he wasnt bothered. The reason why was simple, shrug shoulders arms in the air " i speka no englis " and hey presto you are exempt from all english law.

I dont blame these guys atall i mean it must be similar offerings for us to go to iraq and make a fortune but without the fear of death.

However we have these swiss rolls working at fieldings and they are worse than ■■■■■■ They cannot drive and they cause so much damage it is untrue. Now there are god drivers working for us from Poland dont get me wrong but 90% are crappy.

The majority of the general public already have a low opinion of truck drivers and the amount of accidents these foriegn lads cause is dropping it further. You cant go out down the road without seeing an accident involving one of these.

I am going to count how many i see next week and post a new thread just to see and to make it fair i will also count the ones where english wagons are involved. ( hope it doesnt break any forum rules )
phil

Be very careful where you take this, folks. There are several posts within this thread which are right on the borderline of being rascist, something which will not be tolerated on these Forums.

The subject is valid and a good one to discuss. Just make sure you stick to the FACTS and leave out the predjudice.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

i’d be interested to see how many of the people defending these eastern euro drivers coming here, would react if they themselves was replaced by one them! it’d be a different matter then i’ll bet! it’s no good bolting stable doors when horses have bolted.

theres a lot of “im allright jack” attitudes about, from past experience i know that attitude lasts just as long as nowt goes wrong with the person spouting it! when it does go ■■■■ up for them, thares usually an abrupt 180 change of attitude! :wink:

by the way luce, how can europeans be racist against other europeans, we are the very same race are we not? just different nationalities, so it cant be racism, can it?

truckyboy:
Quite a good debate going on here …so i want to comment on a couple of points…some are calling the workshy lazy so and so`s…but most of these people are from the lower classes of society…and without an education…so therefore…the jobs they are offered are paying far less than they are receiving from the benefits…making it un-viable to get up in the morning…blame the system not the people…

sorry bob, i cant buy that pal, i am myself what the do-gooders would call a disadvantaged poorly educated bought up in a rough place, no toys as a kid or whatever. i lived and grew amongst folk all my friends and family are in that category, and yes, youre right mostly we did the ■■■■ paid hard work jobs. to me its a daft category were all just people, but there ya go!

some were just seem to be born plain bone idle, never intended working and even preffered to be theives and saw workers as stupido’s. luckilly most are not, well the vast majotiyr were not. i dont think idleness comes from lack of education, it comes from idleness!

what IS definately wrong though with the system is that someone can ever be worse off working than they might be on benefit, thats a crazy situation that needs fixing asap!

one very simple question/point: how can we have both a need to import labour from other countries AND need to pay out unemployment benefit - surely it’s one OR the other (of course I’m talking about over say 6 weeks benefit or whilst official, recognised retraining is being undertaken by the claimant) :question:

jj72:
one very simple question/point: how can we have both a need to import labour from other countries AND need to pay out unemployment benefit - surely it’s one OR the other (of course I’m talking about over say 6 weeks benefit or whilst official, recognised retraining is being undertaken by the claimant) :question:

You mean like HGV training.

muckles:

jj72:

whatever type of training to get the indigenous unemployed into work, i.e to save paying them to sit around doing cods all while we “import” people from other countries to work, be it driving LGVs, sweeping the streets or whatever

The reason i started this thread was because i am genuinely concerned that for instance Polish drivers have a different mentality to ourselves.
Go back to the second world war and you will find stories of immense bravery amongst the Polish fighter pilots, but also an eccentric attitude and often a kamikaze attitude, the latter is possibly prevailing today in their truck drivers.
The problem is of course is the companies see no further than the end of their noses or the bottom line.
As with newly qualified drivers they will not take a short time to say to them this is how things are done.
Like a couple of other posters on here i have been the victim of some dubious driving practices perpertrated by foreign drivers, simply i think because they did not understand English signs, road markings.
Last year i worked for an agency who emplyed a Hungarian driver, smashing bloke [literally a couple of times], but his English seemed to be confined to “i need (zb), and cheeseburger”
edited for using stars to get past the censor :wink: mm

jj72:

muckles:

jj72:

whatever type of training to get the indigenous unemployed into work, i.e to save paying them to sit around doing cods all while we “import” people from other countries to work, be it driving LGVs, sweeping the streets or whatever

makes sense to me!

leslie g heath:
Like a couple of other posters on here i have been the victim of some dubious driving practices perpertrated by foreign drivers, simply i think because they did not understand English signs, road markings.

this is exactly why i cant get my head around the british driving test being in however many different languages. surely they should know the language to read signs etc? some road signs are contain zero symbols and are text only so how are these people supposed to know what they mean? the test should be in the same language as the road signs, plain and simple

Mal:

truckyboy:
Quite a good debate going on here …so i want to comment on a couple of points…some are calling the workshy lazy so and so`s…but most of these people are from the lower classes of society…and without an education…so therefore…the jobs they are offered are paying far less than they are receiving from the benefits…making it un-viable to get up in the morning…blame the system not the people…

sorry bob, i cant buy that pal, i am myself what the do-gooders would call a disadvantaged poorly educated bought up in a rough place, no toys as a kid or whatever. i lived and grew amongst folk all my friends and family are in that category, and yes, youre right mostly we did the [zb] paid hard work jobs. to me its a daft category were all just people, but there ya go!

some were just seem to be born plain bone idle, never intended working and even preffered to be theives and saw workers as stupido’s. luckilly most are not, well the vast majotiyr were not. i dont think idleness comes from lack of education, it comes from idleness!

what IS definately wrong though with the system is that someone can ever be worse off working than they might be on benefit, thats a crazy situation that needs fixing asap!

likewise, i was brought up in the cornton in stirling. a rough council estate. it was the army that got me on my feet and now im earning more than most of the members of my family

Is that right the driving test is in other languages aswell as English,stand by for multi langauge road signs and an increase in road tax to pay for them.The offical working langauge of the EU is english(unless your french :confused: )crazy.

froggy:
Is that right the driving test is in other languages aswell as English,stand by for multi langauge road signs and an increase in road tax to pay for them.The offical working langauge of the EU is english(unless your french :confused: )crazy.

i think its available in all sorts of languages and not just those in the EU. i cant remember where i got this from. possibly the DVLA website but i cant be sure. i still dont understand the logic though :confused:

scanny77:

leslie g heath:

this is exactly why i cant get my head around the british driving test being in however many different languages. surely they should know the language to read signs etc? some road signs are contain zero symbols and are text only so how are these people supposed to know what they mean? the test should be in the same language as the road signs, plain and simple

Now this is probably an urban myth, so Im braced to be shot down in flames, but it made sense to me. I was told that Tilbury Docks tried to ban foreign drivers if they couldnt read English and consequently the hazard and warning signs, a Health and Safety issue. (What goods an urban myth if you cant pass it on).
Phil

I still think this topic and every topic on the same lines before it (Yawn, how many times has this been discussed now?) IS RACIST!!!