Easiest stress free job

Hi. I passed my class in March this year. Contrary to what I had been told I have managed to get tonnes of experience driving vehicles up to 26 tonnes 35 ft long. Now, ive been delivering to some quite tight spaces for a well known supermarket company. To date ive had no bumps despite car idiots amlost causing a couple. I am about to take my class 1. What I want to know is whats the easiest class 1 job that one can do. Ive seen and heard the terms trunking, container etc but as i dont know anyone whos done it i thought id throw it out to all the drivers here who I trust will have thier own take on this. Having said that I would appreciate all views. Also any advice on getting work as a new class 1 driver. Thanks

that should read class 2.

Tight spaces, supermarket, you been driving for co-op haven’t you.

Containers IS an easy job, in that you’re not involved in the loading / unloading process.
HOWEVER, there’s a HELL of a lot to learn and they go to some really mad places, lots of blind sides and a few house removals and never knowing what’s in your box (container) so really being on your toes with driving.

Trunking, as a rule you’ll go point A to point B and back to A, sometimes with the odd C or D thrown in, EVERY NIGHT… Sooo boring and also almost always night work (although there is some day trunking work). I currently do a few local(ish) jobs, then a trunk to Nuneaton and I’ve been here about 2 months and I’m seriously after another job because I’m sick to death of the same roads and the same (albeit quite decent) people and the same bay etc.

There is no 1 job that’s suitable for everybody, everyone wants different things. I’ll give the agencies that, they gave me LOTS of different assignments which gave me a taste of a lot of different types of jobs.

Good luck

Co-op?

The easiest class one? Class one is what it says on the tin although I suggest you start with low loaders, trombones and rear steer multi-axles on STGO

Get on the trolleys in your early 20’s easy life and go part time in your 50’s knock it on the head at 55 and not even look like like a lorry driver.

Trunking is easiest. And, if you play your cards right, you can earn decent money too. The regular runs suit me - no driving job is particularly interesting, so you might as well make it easy and earn reasonable money. Boxes are OK too if you don’t mind waiting around a lot. Good luck!

if you want stress free then parcel trunking is the job for you , its usually timed departure and arrival . if you do get a delay you’ll have a phone number to ring and let them know , there wil be no shouting and bawling down the phone .

however , it gets pretty boring at times because you’ll get into a routine so you’ll know exactly where you’ll be at any given time …

and as someone said further up the money can be quite good :slight_smile:

As above. Its about as easy as it gets. Climb in wagon, drive to hub, maybe drop trailer or put the lot on the bay. Go fall asleep for a few hours and go back to the wagon at the time you’re told to, get in, drive back to depot, go home.

Conor:
As above. Its about as easy as it gets. Climb in wagon, drive to hub, maybe drop trailer or put the lot on the bay. Go fall asleep for a few hours and go back to the wagon at the time you’re told to, get in, drive back to depot, go home.

As per above but don’t have to drop trailer drive into warehouse tip then reverse on bay kip for upto 5 hours then back whats the getting out bit all about■■?

OTTS:
that should read class 2.

We guessed that. Why not just use the edit button to fix the original error next time?

Conor:

always my favorite part that was we had a real good run for TNT that had a 4hr wait ( if i remember right ) at east midlands airport, then shovel my trailer up and take empty aircraft cargo thingys up to liverpool airport , easiest job ive ever had . couple of hours kip during the day and a few more at east midlands easy money :wink:

There are no easy stress free Class 1 jobs,they all come with their own individual areas of stress. You need to find a job that you know you’re going to love doing day in day out,it also helps that you love spending time behind the wheel. :wink:

Trunking work is a doddle!! Boring,but great pay on pallet networks or parcels! :wink:

obsessivecompulsive2:
There are no easy stress free Class 1 jobs,they all come with their own individual areas of stress. You need to find a job that you know you’re going to love doing day in day out,it also helps that you love spending time behind the wheel. :wink:

i did TNT trunking for 2 yrs and dont ever remember any stress of any description , end of sort could be annoying on a friday but never stressfull . i probably did more sleeping than anything else …

I do double manned trunking, same run for 8 yrs now.
Sleep for up to 6 hours a night (4.5+1.5) , 2 drops per night.
Take home £520 a week, eat home cooked food and spend all day with family… Doesnt get much better than this :wink:

Try get on at a supermarket.

It’s all I’ve done, and tbh after reading all the crap on here it’s all I want to do! The only bad thing is weekend work… but it’s not every weekend.

I’ll probably get shot down for this, but why are you specificly after an easy job? If you can drive as well as you reckon you can do something interesting. Drivers that trunk do it because its all they can do :wink:

Saaamon:
I’ll probably get shot down for this, but why are you specificly after an easy job? If you can drive as well as you reckon you can do something interesting. Drivers that trunk do it because its all they can do :wink:

he probably wants an easy job because he’s a lazy git just like alot of drivers , if he is he’ll take to trunking like a duck to water … just like me :wink:

Containers for me, a 4 to 5 hour tip, i would give them my mobile number and take off on my bicycle, and say call me when you are an hour away from finishing.