Earned recognition.

One of our guys was pulled into a DVSA checkpoint yesterday driving a liveried up truck. Once stationary a DVSA bod came out of his hut and jotted down his reg number, a few seconds later a different bod came out and did the same. After a minute or two they came across to him, apologised for pulling him and sent him on his way.

So apparently earned recognition doesn’t stop you getting pulled, but it does mean that you’re straight in and out! Very bizarre.

It happens with our lot. If we aren’t liveried we can get pulled but once they check your reg they let you on your way. I think it’s because my company report all infringements and also have a good maintenance record.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

It would also help if the police and DVSA worked from the same system, got pulled yesterday in Dunkirk at the top of the A2, said I was pulled less than a month ago to be told no, you were last pulled on the 3rd of May explained that I was stopped on 27th of June by the police to be told that doesn’t count as they don’t record their checks on the VOSA system and the police do not use the traffic light system. How hard would it be for both agencies to have access to the one common computer system?
Came away from all 3 stops with a clean bill of health so it is not as if we have a bad reputation

Mazzer2:
It would also help if the police and DVSA worked from the same system, got pulled yesterday in Dunkirk at the top of the A2, said I was pulled less than a month ago to be told no, you were last pulled on the 3rd of May explained that I was stopped on 27th of June by the police to be told that doesn’t count as they don’t record their checks on the VOSA system and the police do not use the traffic light system. How hard would it be for both agencies to have access to the one common computer system?
Came away from all 3 stops with a clean bill of health so it is not as if we have a bad reputation

Why not link it to the immigration and customs then all the drug smugglers could carry on their trade without let or hindrance?

In my experience the police only stop you if you have grabbed their attention

Wheel Nut:

Mazzer2:

Why not link it to the immigration and customs then all the drug smugglers could carry on their trade without let or hindrance?

In my experience the police only stop you if you have grabbed their attention

Driving down the A34 in a line of lorries not overtaking or being to close to the lorry in front must make me really stand out, or perhaps it’s the Irish plates some of the older coppers need to realise that it is not the 70’s anymore.

As for your comment about drug smuggling and immigration can’t see the relevance the police and DVSA are both doing the same job so it makes sense for them to be able to access each others details the copper that pulled me on the A34 passed at least 20 lorries to get to me do you reckon all of those 20 are on a green light I doubt it.

I’d not get to cozy about it , they showed no interest in me for 15/20 yrs then one day they did :exclamation: :exclamation:

dozy:
I’d not get to cozy about it , they showed no interest in me for 15/20 yrs then one day they did :exclamation: :exclamation:

Yeah but you allowed yourself to be pushed into running as bent as a ten bob note. I have more sense.

dozy:

Dozy! You´re back! :smiley:

Sorry, I realise that you don´t know me. I was lurking for a while, then I decided to get involved just as you threw your teddy out 2 weeks ago. It´s like I know you already. But you don´t know me.
You make me laugh, and you have some great insights into this ■■■■■■■ business. Thanks for being you :slight_smile:
Do you think you´ll get home this Friday?
Sorry, couldn´t resist :slight_smile:

the maoster:
Yeah but you allowed yourself to be pushed into running as bent as a ten bob note. I have more sense.

I don’t usually do the grammar policing thing but shouldn’t that be “bent as a nine bob note”.

You’re probably too young to remember but a ten bob note was legitimate currency at one time :smiley:

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

the maoster:

I don’t usually do the grammar policing thing but shouldn’t that be “bent as a nine bob note”.

You’re probably too young to remember but a ten bob note was legitimate currency at one time :smiley:

Sent from my mobile.

See, THIS is why we need a “thumbs up” or a “Like” button per post :smiley:
Not that I´m old enough to remember ten bob notes at all, coff coff. no, not me…

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

■■■■! That’s what you get for typing and having a telephone conversation at the same time! You’re also correct when you say I’m probably too young. Say it again, it’s music to my ears. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

steviespain:
and you have some great insights into this [zb] business.

Well! that was out of the left field :slight_smile:

Hehehe, it´s all part of a masterplan. I WILL take over the world! :smiley:

steviespain:
Hehehe, it´s all part of a mssterplan. I WILL over take the world! :smiley:

ftfy. :smiley:

DOH!

Swindon. I used to live in Swindon.

steviespain:
Swindon. I used to live in Swindon.

But you escaped. :laughing:

I did! :smiley:

I lived at 2b The Mall, went to Hucklow Rd school. Was there in the big freeze of…66? 63?

Mazzer2:
As for your comment about drug smuggling and immigration can’t see the relevance the police and DVSA are both doing the same job so it makes sense for them to be able to access each others details

No, they are not doing the same job. There is a degree of overlap - particularly where drivers’ hours are concerned - but they are not doing the same job. I would agree that some degree of information pooling could be A Good Idea - but I also wouldn’t want the DVSA twerps to have open access to details of my interactions with the Police. That would be the thin end of a very uncomfortable wedge.