Earned recognition.

Roymondo:

Mazzer2:
As for your comment about drug smuggling and immigration can’t see the relevance the police and DVSA are both doing the same job so it makes sense for them to be able to access each others details

No, they are not doing the same job. There is a degree of overlap - particularly where drivers’ hours are concerned - but they are not doing the same job. I would agree that some degree of information pooling could be A Good Idea - but I also wouldn’t want the DVSA twerps to have open access to details of my interactions with the Police. That would be the thin end of a very uncomfortable wedge.

Agree with you about DVSA having police details but surely it makes sense for the police to have access to the DVSA’s traffic light system, spent over an hour with the copper knowing full well that there was nothing wrong with the card yet he wanted to make an issue about boat movements because he didn’t understand that if you can get to the UK from France in the one shift then you don’t have to hit the ferry button. Generally have found that the police are not as knowledgeable as DVSA and take it personally when you prove to them that you have done nothing wrong.