Earls court show photos

pdw:
a small 4 page 1956 daf brochure i found kicking around

Found this promoting GUY at the 1954 Earls Court Show.
Do you have the rest of the pages for the DAF brochure?

gb1:
Nice ‘heavy-duty’ Atkinson. Would that be the Omega?

Yes, that’s an Omega - when built it was reckoned to be the most powerful steered vehicle in the world!

Here’s one in its working environment:

after many years of collecting photos ,books,and commercial vehicle memrobilia.I am sure many photos of old commercial motor shows
exist.I am trying to obtain photos of earls court in the 1970.I recently obtained a photo of an LV cabed E.R.F belonging to hoveringham
gravel,on show at earls court.Unfortunatly the picture quality is very poor,but this got me thinking as to how many old show photos exist.
Perhaps this would make an interesting thread.

This is the photo,i would love to find a beter copy minus the light flash.

My photo collection has a certain, ermmm…, focus, but here are some to start you off:

1964 Earls Court Show

1966 Earls Court Show

1968 Earls Court Show

1970 Earls Court Show

1989 Kelvin Hall Show

These are from a post card collection I have

The first three are from the 1954 show

These five are from the 1960 show

This is also from the 1960 with Guy 1961 on the plate

The Commer of R M Douglas brings back memories of the worst tarmac gang’s that we ever had the misfortune to deliver to, how that company survived for so long beats me! Good pics by the way, I used to enjoy the commercial show when it was at Earls Court and feel that it lost out when it moved to the NEC.

Pete.

Have a look on the Pathe News site, there’s a few film clips from various years at Earl’s Court, as well as loads of other transport related films. Get ready to spend several hours watching, they’re totally addictive…

If my memory is correct the LAD cabbed Scammell in Shell livery was fitted with a Gardner 6HLX engine mounted under the chassis behind the cab, not a commercial success though.

Pete.

Posted these on another thread but they should be OK here

nice photos,

think the lad cab scammell was the trunker mk1,then they changed the plans and put the plastic cab on it,never seen that photo before though.

Another from the Guy stand - I presume that this is also the 1960 Show. The W. H. Bowker 8-legger is actually a Warrior Light 8 and not an Invincible.

Nice work with the photos there lads.do they still have a commercial motor show.I haven’t been since the early 80s.
John

Try the Pathe news sight there are a few short films of the Earls Court Show

3300John:
Nice work with the photos there lads.do they still have a commercial motor show.I haven’t been since the early 80s.
John

There were plans to hold a show last year at the NEC, but it was cancelled because of the state of the world-wide economy. There will be a show again this year,on 13/14/15th April at the NEC, but so far the only vehicle manufacturers who’ve signed up are at the lightweight end, such as Nissan and Vauxhall vans, no heavy stuff so far. Most of the other exhibitors will be component and garage equipment suppliers and organisations involved in training, quality assurance, safety and so on. Type “cv show” into Google for the latest information.

Lovely photos, I love those old truck pictures & thanks for sharing them. The CV show link is here cvoperatorshow.com/index.php You can register for your free entry pass. Car parking last time I went was £7. Rail travel to the show is easy, you go to Birmingham international station, 15 minutes from New Street station & you can walk into the NEC straight from the platform. I hope some of the heavy lorry manufacturers go this year, if they don’t I won’t be going.

Thanks again for the photos, keep them coming.

BB