Earls court show photos

abk317.jpg

3300John:

sammyopisite:

3300John:

[zb]
anorak:
How many Beavers or other chassis were built with the turbocharged engine, apart from the one they showed? From the absence of postings about them on Trucknet and elsewhere, it seems that very few were sold. I get the impression it was, primarily, a bit of marketing puff by BL, to show they were as advanced as Volvo etc. Are there any phots of them in operator’s colours?

hiya i think its a case of the buffalo had taken place of the beaver in 72… the headless wonder was to be the bees knees…wrong!!! leyland sold plenty of buffalo’s and repaired plenty of them …under warranty
John

John shouldn’t that be ALL of them :astonished:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

YEP

We were very loyal Leyland operators,as long it could be handed back with no money changing hands !! Dennis.

Bewick:

3300John:

sammyopisite:

3300John:

[zb]
anorak:
How many Beavers or other chassis were built with the turbocharged engine, apart from the one they showed? From the absence of postings about them on Trucknet and elsewhere, it seems that very few were sold. I get the impression it was, primarily, a bit of marketing puff by BL, to show they were as advanced as Volvo etc. Are there any phots of them in operator’s colours?

hiya i think its a case of the buffalo had taken place of the beaver in 72… the headless wonder was to be the bees knees…wrong!!! leyland sold plenty of buffalo’s and repaired plenty of them …under warranty
John

YEP

We were very loyal Leyland operators,as long it could be handed back with no money changing hands !! Dennis.

I take it that Buffallo didn`t stay any longer than a short free trial Dennis?

Here you are “ramone”,the driver has just pulled into the depot from Liverpool and gone straight into the Traffic office to see when he can have his Scania back! Cheers Dennis.

robroy:

At first glance ,i thought that was an F86 :blush:
Was there ever a Volvo/Rootes connection?

Bewick:
Here you are “ramone”,the driver has just pulled into the depot from Liverpool and gone straight into the Traffic office to see when he can have his Scania back! Cheers Dennis.

And who can blame him Dennis its a no brainer,i am currently driving a Daf CF 460 but would swap it for my old 113 380 , mind you if that Buffalo had been a Marathon TL12 he may have had a different attitude (speed not comfort)

ramone:

Bewick:

3300John:

sammyopisite:

3300John:

[zb]
anorak:

John

YEP

I take it that Buffallo didn`t stay any longer than a short free trial Dennis?

Looking at the line up there Dennis that basic ergo cab design was almost 10 years old but still looked modern compared with some of the others there,until you got inside 1 .That model had the updated interior and front end something the equivelent AECs never got i think you were wise to steer clear of anything Leyland

These were as close as I ever wanted to get to BL “ramone”,and only because I couldn’t afford anything “better” at the time,the 3rd tractor I bought was an Atki,the first of many! But the Mastiffs did us a good job all the same as we treated them with the utmost respect!! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
These were as close as I ever wanted to get to BL “ramone”,and only because I couldn’t afford anything “better” at the time,the 3rd tractor I bought was an Atki,the first of many! But the Mastiffs did us a good job all the same as we treated them with the utmost respect!! Cheers Dennis.

The Guys you operated were i suppose under the Leyland banner but only in the badge, i wonder why Leyland never fit the ergo to Guys or Scammells .Maybe Bewick Transport wouldn`t have hit the dizzy heights it did in a short time if you had stuck with the Leyland brand.It has been mentioned how they bust several firms with their unreliable offerings and total disrespect for their customers.I cant see what you acheived with Bewick ever happening again i.e starting with 1 vehicle and building a national fleet in what i consider a short timescale .Its a shame WRM destroyed a thriving and proffessional business in an unbelievably short time .It must still irk you to see it all gone i know it would me

How i wished I had taken photos when I went round Earls Court, which I did, from about four years old every two years. Surely someone else has photos they can add to this thread. I see new entries and click on hoping that something new anout the Commercial motor Show has appeared and all we seem to get is photos and talk of Leyland. I would remind everyone that attended these great shows that even at the height, British Leyland only represented about 10% or less than the show. I really hope that someone reads the title of this thread and puts on material that is appropriate.
don’t let British Leyland destroy the reputation of the Commercial Motor Show at Earls Court as they did destroying British Commercial vehicle manufacturing.

Carl Williams:
How i wished I had taken photos when I went round Earls Court, which I did, from about four years old every two years. Surely someone else has photos they can add to this thread. I see new entries and click on hoping that something new anout the Commercial motor Show has appeared and all we seem to get is photos and talk of Leyland. I would remind everyone that attended these great shows that even at the height, British Leyland only represented about 10% or less than the show. I really hope that someone reads the title of this thread and puts on material that is appropriate.
don’t let British Leyland destroy the reputation of the Commercial Motor Show at Earls Court as they did destroying British Commercial vehicle manufacturing.

Sorry mate got a bit carried away with the anti Leyland theme i seem to have,i blame them for the demise of imho the finest British commercial vehicle builders of all time ,my last post should have gone on the Bewick thread .I would think Commercial Motor magazine would have a fair amount of pictures from these old shows i wonder what the odds of them posting a few on here are■■?

ramone:

Carl Williams:

Sorry mate got a bit carried away with the anti Leyland theme i seem to have,i blame them for the demise of imho the finest British commercial vehicle builders of all time ,my last post should have gone on the Bewick thread .I would think Commercial Motor magazine would have a fair amount of pictures from these old shows i wonder what the odds of them posting a few on here are■■?

Hi Ramone,

I cnnot agree with you more about BL I could never forgive them of the damage done to our company producing such rubbish, but I can only hope that this site shows us sme of the better and best things poduced in the world by the greatest of the Commercial Vehicle Industry.

Best wishes
Carl

ramone:

Carl Williams:

Hi Ramone,

I cnnot agree with you more about BL I could never forgive them of the damage done to our company producing such rubbish, but I can only hope that this site shows us sme of the better and best things poduced in the world by the greatest of the Commercial Vehicle Industry.

Best wishes
Carl

I hope this picture might get the thread going again, although i’m
guessing this was taken at Earls Court. Looks like there’s a balcony.
Either way, it’s a cracking looking truck.

ERF 16.jpg

ALBION CHIEFTEN this time, looking good in action.

ALBION CHIEFTEN 1968.jpg

Nice ‘heavy-duty’ Atkinson. Would that be the Omega?

ATKINSON.jpg

Taken outside Earls Court in 1958 transportphotos.com/road/photos

HuE1172-d2.jpg
HuE1173.jpg
HuE1174.jpg
HuE1175.jpg

a small 4 page 1956 daf brochure i found kicking around

gb1:
I hope this picture might get the thread going again, although i’m
guessing this was taken at Earls Court. Looks like there’s a balcony.
Either way, it’s a cracking looking truck.

There was a balcony at Earls Court — a lot of free beer up there if you had influence! :wink:
Cheers!
Bernard