E scooters

Great answer mate.
I don’t imagine there is a big enough escooter for my 19 stone, but, it’s the rider nit the machine.
It’s the uk gold plating health n safety again.
It’s what we do.

maga:
The UK need to get with the times. Other European countries allow e scooters with max speeds of 20km/ or 250 watts to be used. How can they flat out ban them here while bleating about climate change and taxing the hell out of anyone who dares take an ICE vehicle into London.

One good reason to leave the EU, because they make it right then it must be right

ROADRANGER:
Great answer mate.
I don’t imagine there is a big enough escooter for my 19 stone, but, it’s the rider nit the machine.
It’s what we do.

Same with carsntrucks innit?
So long as theres a good driver we dont need rulesnregs do we?
Brakes? Lights? Insurance and licences? None needed if we only have good drivers!
:smiley:

The naysayers seem to be consumed with envy. I can understand that; we’re stuck in traffic and observe someone else making progress; human nature kicks in and envy is the result. Not envy at the particular mode of transport, rather it’s envy of someone doing something we can’t. It’s similar to seeing vehicles moving across in order to obstruct filtering motorcycles. Envy. I have no thoughts either way on E scooters, to me they’re just another vulnerable road user for me to look out for. No problem there, that’s why I get paid the big bucks! :wink:

There has already been one fatality of an e scooter rider as the result of a collision with a lorry at a roundabout. The acceleration, top speed and braking efficiency of these scooters, allied to their visibility, is a concern for drivers and particularly for pedestrians.

electric-scooter.guide/comparis … nce-tests/

Harry Monk:
don’t they teach you anything in the Filth?

I see you’re one of those . No doubt you’re one of the first on the phone to the police when you’re a victim and expect their help whilst feeling entitled to abuse them.

There should be a database with people like you and others with the same attitude on it so when you phone 999 and ask for the police they tell you to sod off.

===========================
Mod’s edit:
Attack the person rather than what they wrote.

:bulb: Try a read of the forum rules.

the maoster:
The naysayers seem to be consumed with envy. I can understand that; we’re stuck in traffic and observe someone else making progress; human nature kicks in and envy is the result. Not envy at the particular mode of transport, rather it’s envy of someone doing something we can’t. It’s similar to seeing vehicles moving across in order to obstruct filtering motorcycles. Envy. I have no thoughts either way on E scooters, to me they’re just another vulnerable road user for me to look out for. No problem there, that’s why I get paid the big bucks! :wink:

Very well put and oh so true.

Very well quoted Jake :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Conor:

Harry Monk:
don’t they teach you anything in the Filth?

I see you’re one of those . No doubt you’re one of the first on the phone to the police when you’re a victim and expect their help whilst feeling entitled to abuse them.

There should be a database with people like you and others with the same attitude on it so when you phone 999 and ask for the police they tell you to sod off.

===========================
Mod’s edit:
Attack the person rather than what they wrote.

:bulb: Try a read of the forum rules.

You could probably say the same about me then Conor, I aint exactly the Old Bill’s number 1 fan, but I didn’t start off like that as a kid or wake up one day saying…‘‘You know what, I’m gonna slag off the Police because I feel like it’’.

Any opinions I’ve formed over the years are down to negative experiences I have had with them, ok I aint an angel but neither am I a criminal, just a normal working guy with a family, so why would I or should I feel that way towards them.
The problems I have range from their prioritisng of any operation that generates cash (usually from motorists and truckers of which both apply to me) to their lax attitudes to burglaries and truck crime, their only reaction being the famous ‘‘crime no’’,.and the vast differences made by them in the 2 examples i give.

And yeh you’re right, if I need them I’ll contact them, that is what they are there for :bulb: …I aint ashamed or embarrassed to admit that
However on the other hand, if they do help me in any way I will be the first to praise them, …as in fact I did on here when I thought I was going to get hijacked with a load of drink on board (the truck not me btw :smiley: ) a few weeks ago.

The Police have only themselves to blame for any negative pr with the public, there is a vast amount that could be done by them to improve this.

So come on Conor bring on the abuse aimed at me also, but at least try and refute what I have just said.

I feel a new forum ‘‘signature’’ coming on here. :laughing:

the maoster:

I’ve got a petrol engine moped, I’d guess its performance and speed are probably similar to an E scooter, and it’s always quicker round town than a car, even though it only does 25mph flat-out I never have to queue at traffic lights or anything. I think it probably costs more to run than an electric bike though, and I think that encouraging people out of cars and on to personalised E transport can only be a good thing all round.

Harry Monk:

the maoster:

I’ve got a petrol engine moped, I’d guess its performance and speed are probably similar to an E scooter, and it’s always quicker round town than a car, even though it only does 25mph flat-out I never have to queue at traffic lights or anything. I think it probably costs more to run than an electric bike though, and I think that encouraging people out of cars and on to personalised E transport can only be a good thing all round.

Harry I’m not talking about an electricity powered proper mods and rockers style scooter, I mean a child’s stand- on, push- along-with- one- foot scooter which now has an electric motor and is capable of 30mph.

maga:
The UK need to get with the times. Other European countries allow e scooters with max speeds of 20km/ or 250 watts to be used. How can they flat out ban them here while bleating about climate change and taxing the hell out of anyone who dares take an ICE vehicle into London.

I want one of those scooters they look like good fun.

maga:

That’s easy to answer, climate change isnt real. It’s just an excuse to tax us in ever more inventive ways. Dont believe me? Its recently been revealed that uk supermarkets use up 1% of all energy produced in the uk to power their doorless fridges, yet you’ll get charged £11 to drive a Vauxhall corsa into london!

Nite Owl:

maga:

That’s easy to answer, climate change isnt real. It’s just an excuse to tax us in ever more inventive ways.

Well… when you consider that it took from the beginning of mankind until 1800 for the world’s population to reach one billion and then it rose to seven billion in the next 200 years, and when you consider that in 1800 the average family’s energy use would consist of a tallow candle at most- even coal was a luxury for the rich until the canal era- and that in 2018 there were 322 million motor vehicles in China alone, then it wouldn’t surprise me if this massive increase in population and daily use of fossil fuel which took millions of years to be formed was having some long-term environmental impact.

Harry Monk:
Well… when you consider that it took from the beginning of mankind until 1800 for the world’s population to reach one billion and then it rose to seven billion in the next 200 years, and when you consider that in 1800 the average family’s energy use would consist of a tallow candle at most- even coal was a luxury for the rich until the canal era- and that in 2018 there were 322 million motor vehicles in China alone, then it wouldn’t surprise me if this massive increase in population and daily use of fossil fuel which took millions of years to be formed was having some long-term environmental impact.

Remind us what the population figure was during the Cretaceous period ?.

While it’s clear that there is absolutely no direct pro rata mathematical link between that population increase/fossil fuel use and atmospheric CO2 levels or for that matter CO2 and atmospheric temperature.If anything CO2 levels being temperature driven not vice versa.

However it will all be so much better when we make that massive population dependent of ‘cheap’ ‘safe’ nuclear energy instead all to solve a non existent problem.What could possibly go wrong. :unamused:

Harry do you mean this

The climate of the earth has fluctuated quite a bit over the last 4.6 billion years of our planet’s history and it can be expected that the climate will continue to change. One of the most intriguing questions in earth science is whether the periods of ice age are over or are we living in an “interglacial,” or period of time between ice ages.The geologic time period we are now living in is known as the Holocene. This epoch began about 11,000 years ago which was the end of the last glacial period and the end of the Pleistocene epoch. The Pleistocene was an epoch of cool glacial and warmer interglacial periods which began about 1.8 million years ago.

malcolmgbell:
Harry do you mean this

The climate of the earth has fluctuated quite a bit over the last 4.6 billion years of our planet’s history and it can be expected that the climate will continue to change. One of the most intriguing questions in earth science is whether the periods of ice age are over or are we living in an “interglacial,” or period of time between ice ages.The geologic time period we are now living in is known as the Holocene. This epoch began about 11,000 years ago which was the end of the last glacial period and the end of the Pleistocene epoch. The Pleistocene was an epoch of cool glacial and warmer interglacial periods which began about 1.8 million years ago.

Yeah, what he said!!!

Air quality is crap. Any cyclist will tell you that, and for that reason alone I’d like something to be done to improve it. But the authorities wont take it seriously. E scooters banned on a technicality, cycle lanes nothing more than green paint on the pot holed edge of a road, mass transit systems not fit for purpose and anything considered “eco unfriendly” is nothing more than a revenue source.

When our government takes climate change seriously, then so will I.

I only kinda flicked through this thread before (when I went off on one replying to Conor about the Police :blush: :smiley: ., ) but after reading through it (and although I’ve never ever even seen one of these scooters) I think they are a bloody good idea, and I want one. :smiley:

thumb_d_gallery_base_8b3baa0b.jpg

The biggest problem I can see with them (as with trucks and cars) would be the idiot contingent among the users and riders :bulb: .

Instead of the usual good old UK’s answer to many things, ie a blanket ban :unamused: , why not just come down heavy on the idiots by fining them and confiscating the scooters. :bulb:

As for being ‘‘potentially dangerous’’ so is cycling, so is every ■■■■ thing in fact!
Ok that poor girl was killed which was tragic, I’ve got young daughters myself, and I can fully empathise.
However just for the sake of this argument, to be blunt, harsh and realistic for a minute, that’s life and ■■■■ happens. :bulb:
A bit like cyclists again, there are profient people among them (well one or two anyway :smiley: ) and on these scooters there will be presumably competent and genuine types also.
So on average the only ones who will suffer are the reckless idiots I’m on about, who brought it on themselves by their own stupidity, so basically their own faults so at the end of the day…who tf cares?

As for climate change and environmental issues I can’t comment like the experts on here :open_mouth: , (and I can’t be arsed to google it to feign intelligence on EVERYthing ike the one who shall not be named usually does/did on here :laughing: :unamused: ) but the way I see it is that they are bound to be beneficial by their very nature, so why can’t the… ‘‘Pro environmental’’ government’ (yeh right :unamused: ) not see this?

No doubt (true to form :unamused: ) they will start charging for special licences, and raising tax revenue from them, and creating an industry of ‘‘trainers’’ and all the rest of the usual UK style Bull ■■■■, …then count up how much money they are making from them, and how a new industry of ‘training’ has been created … and then and only then, (and as if by magic) they will suddenlly become …The best thing since sliced bread overnight as a means of ‘‘Protecting our environment’’ and ‘‘Clean Air’’ issues. . :unamused: and we will all be urged to buy them.
Or am I just being my usual cynical self. :wink:

Carryfast:
Remind us what the population figure was during the Cretaceous period ?.

Aye…C’mon Harry remind us…
It’s an easy enough question.
You don’t bloody know do you :unamused:
Which school did you go to ffs :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing:

Franglais:

ROADRANGER:
Great answer mate.
It’s what we do.

Same with carsntrucks innit?
So long as theres a good driver we dont need rulesnregs do we?
Brakes? Lights? Insurance and licences? None needed if we only have good drivers!
:smiley:

Brilliant :laughing: love it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: