DVSA must be bored!

Apparently no immigrants jumped out when he got stopped though!

I’m grateful for them going after cowboys like these helping to create a level playing field for compliant operators it’ll probably have an emissions cheat device hidden in the dash and a magnet on the tacho at least.

Bell ends!

Own Account Driver:
I’m grateful for them going after cowboys like these helping to create a level playing field for compliant operators it’ll probably have an emissions cheat device hidden in the dash and a magnet on the tacho at least.

Bell ends!

As time moves on the examiners don’t know what they are looking at or how it works other than obvious defects .

Probably some idiot reckoned it needed sideguards. :smiley:

Sidevalve:

No because they couldn’t undo the ■■■■ knots!!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

It was going well enough when I went past.
Belching a load of black smoke out,though.

First thing they will do is check the date of the tyres and then ask for his weekly sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
First thing they will do is check the date of the tyres and then ask for his weekly sheet

Check away there’s no law yet on tyre age .

Punchy Dan:

Wheel Nut:

Unfortunately.
That’s one law been overdue IMHO.

Sidevalve:

No mod cons inside that wagon (interior view):

Must have been some Historic truck run on yesterday, seen quite a few coming down the 82 from Drumnadrochit towards Spean Bridge , a joy to see (and thankfully i wasnt stuck behind them )

Punchy Dan:

Wheel Nut:

Its coming! The latest news was June 2019

Roadside checks

DVSA has also updated its categorisation of defects guide to include tyres aged more than 10 years old fitted to any heavy vehicle or trailer.

The guide, which is for DVSA enforcement staff, sets out what action they can take when they find roadworthiness defects on vehicles.

From April 2016 to March 2017, DVSA enforcement staff carried out:

64,690 mechanical safety checks on heavy goods vehicles and issued 17,405 prohibitions
9,787 mechanical safety checks on light goods vehicles and issued 5,434 prohibitions
11,324 mechanical safety checks on buses and coaches, and issued 1,760 prohibitions

A prohibition prevents you from driving until you get a problem with your vehicle fixed.

Tyre research

Earlier this year, DfT announced a study into the safety of ageing tyres - the first publicly funded research of its kind in the UK.

In 2013, DfT issued guidance to all operators setting out that tyres that have reached the age of 10 years should not be used on a steering axle, and stipulating strict conditions if they’re to be used at all.

Since then, DVSA vehicle standard standards assessors and vehicle examiners have routinely checked the age of tyres on these vehicles every year, as well as in fleet and roadside inspections.

Great news Wheel Nut. Will help stop dangerous vehicles putting others at risk. :smiley:

commonrail:
It was going well enough when I went past.
Belching a load of black smoke out,though.

You’ve been past its former home a few times. Shaun was based in Pencader, down that shortcut I told you about; he’s now a few miles away in Llandyssul. He’s a good mechanic, knows his stuff inside out; I doubt they’d find much wrong with that.

If you’re thinking the livery is familiar; it’s ex Charles Footman.

Any of you guys know how the “conversation” went ? Just interested as I was talking to a friend about this who has a vintage truck that he travels up and down to shows etc. in. Was this in South Wales ?

manski:
Any of you guys know how the “conversation” went ? Just interested as I was talking to a friend about this who has a vintage truck that he travels up and down to shows etc. in. Was this in South Wales ?

I don’t know exactly where it was, the owner had been on a classic run somewhere up north.

It was, apparently, a genuine routine inspection according to him. I wouldn’t be surprised to find that they pulled him in knowing there’d be no tacho etc. so they could just tick an easy one off the quota and have a nice gander round a vintage lorry. You don’t, after all, see too many 8-leggers with an A-frame drawbar these days!

On the other hand, it’s MOT exempt being pre-1960. Even though such vehicles don’t get tested they have to be kept up to standard, perhaps DVSA pull the odd one or two on the offchance of there being some easy money in it for them.

I passed it on the 74 s/b,about 2 o clock.

Then again it could have just been the follow me driver having a laugh with his mates in the hut. :stuck_out_tongue:

id think most of the stop consisted of vosa looking and poking before going.!!! aha!!!
we can do him for this,then getting told to lookup the rule book,and then going,bugger,its too old for that defect to apply.

Punchy Dan:

Wheel Nut:

And it’s almost certain that historic registered vehicles used unladen will be exempt anyway.
Bernard