DVSA must be bored!

I saw a 1989 F reg Foden tipper chugging up the east lancs yesterday fully loaded. Nice

Probably tugged so they could get a bit of a nosey. When I had a classic car it wasn’t uncommon for trafpol to come over for a looksee and there’s one Youtuber I follow in the USA and he got tugged by trafpol over there because he’d got a new model of supercar that’d just come out and the cop was a car nut and wanted a look. Yeah its abusing your powers to some extent but as the owner you get used to it and its always nice to think you own a rare/unique vehicle that people have a genuine like of and interest in.

I wonder if John and his wife ever get pulled with their Sentinel steamer? :laughing: They travel hundreds of miles in it, they have owned it for forty years, and one wonders if it would pass the smoke test! :wink: I might even get a ride in it at New Year, (Not my pic by the way)

Pete.

Conor:
Probably tugged so they could get a bit of a nosey. When I had a classic car it wasn’t uncommon for trafpol to come over for a looksee and there’s one Youtuber I follow in the USA and he got tugged by trafpol over there because he’d got a new model of supercar that’d just come out and the cop was a car nut and wanted a look. Yeah its abusing your powers to some extent but as the owner you get used to it and its always nice to think you own a rare/unique vehicle that people have a genuine like of and interest in.

I think this is probably right, when I had a Humber Super Snipe I would occasionally get stopped just because the coppers wanted a look and to tell me about the one their Uncle Tom/ ■■■■/ Harry used to own. They never detained me for very long and went away all smiles, and I could drive away safe in the knowledge that if they saw me again they would just give me a friendly wave rather than discovering the dead prostitute or the 200kg of cocaine in the boot. :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^^ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

windrush:
I wonder if John and his wife ever get pulled with their Sentinel steamer? :laughing: They travel hundreds of miles in it, they have owned it for forty years, and one wonders if it would pass the smoke test! :wink: I might even get a ride in it at New Year, (Not my pic by the way)

Pete.

Probably can’t overtake it in their Galaxy

youtu.be/QUBKcqoaZqY

Own Account Driver:

windrush:

Pete.

Probably can’t overtake it in their Galaxy

youtu.be/QUBKcqoaZqY

Haha, I think they could! It is flat out at 38 mph, (20 mph limit when that was made in the late thirties of course) but John and his stoker (his wife! :laughing: ) travel all around the country from their base near Doncaster. I passed them last year on the A34 at Chievely going well, the only hold up was passing traffic slowing down to look at the vehicle! The guy with the one in your link has the full set, four, six and eight wheelers.

Pete.

Harry Monk:

Conor:

I think this is probably right, when I had a Humber Super Snipe I would occasionally get stopped just because the coppers wanted a look and to tell me about the one their Uncle Tom/ ■■■■/ Harry used to own. They never detained me for very long and went away all smiles, and I could drive away safe in the knowledge that if they saw me again they would just give me a friendly wave rather than discovering the dead prostitute or the 200kg of cocaine in the boot. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah but just how many could you get in there :grimacing:

albion1938:

Punchy Dan:

Wheel Nut:
First thing they will do is check the date of the tyres and then ask for his weekly sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check away there’s no law yet on tyre age .

And it’s almost certain that historic registered vehicles used unladen will be exempt anyway.
Bernard

■■■■ Skipworth.jpg

Would you really risk running this on cheap 60 year old tyres?

■■■■ Skipworth sold this for £8.8million. I was allowed to fire it up and play with it while he owned it!

windrush:

Pete.

Insecure load, some of those yellow sacks have already fallen off!

windrush:

Pete.

I saw that coming down Brecon bypass a few weeks ago; certainly wasn’t hanging about! Wondered what the story was behind it.